Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware Update: NANO/NANO+ 1.2.14

I have this problem wih the nano+ with the last update

1. Auto take off doesn't work, nano+ turns on motors but won't take off

2. Manual takeoff, I turn on the motors manually and when I give the lift lever it doesn't take off, today I realized that you have to leave the lever up for more than two seconds for it to take off.

3. The right lever for lateral and forward movements does not work when the front or front sensors of the Nano+ have a lot of light or are facing the direction of the sun, setting the sun behind the Nano+ works without problem, the same at night.

4. The autofocus is not working, I have videos that are really worthless

5. The crooked horizon

I have this problem wih the nano+ with the last update

1. Auto take off doesn't work, nano+ turns on motors but won't take off

2. Manual takeoff, I turn on the motors manually and when I give the lift lever it doesn't take off, today I realized that you have to leave the lever up for more than two seconds for it to take off.

3. The right lever for lateral and forward movements does not work when the front or front sensors of the Nano+ have a lot of light or are facing the direction of the sun, setting the sun behind the Nano+ works without problem, the same at night.

4. The autofocus is not working, I have videos that are really worthless

5. The crooked horizon
None of this is new and shouldn't be in a specific firmware release discussion thread.

Reactions: Yowie88
None of this is new and shouldn't be in a specific firmware release discussion thread.
I just flew in 25mph winds with gusts to almost 40mph at altitude and had no disconnects or real issues. I did Video, Photo, Pano and Pro shots. The quirk I have a lot is that when I do photos that the video sort of whites out. If I swap modes and go back to video that fixes it. I suspect its because I'm using manual white balance. I turned defog on and off and still had the issue so not defog. There is still a bug with speed in there somewhere. It seems to fly ok and then after shooting something the speed gets really slow and after a minute or so it seems to go back to normal. So there is still a bit of a speed bug in there somewhere. Precise landing isn't so precise. At least not like my Evo II Pro 6k which will land in like 2" of where it took off :). You can see its slowly getting better similar to how the Evo II progressed but I would argue the Nano+ is in better shape at this stage of development than the Evo II. So I have hopes this is going to be a really damn good drone.

Attachments

• MAX_0578 Snip.jpg
    MAX_0578 Snip.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: KAZK
Edit 2: Interesting. Battery firmware hasn't changed (still V1.3.9.0, as in header.json: EVO-Nano_BMS_V1.3.9.0_20220113115530.upg). Even though it asked me to update the first battery, when adding the second supposedly not-updated one, it doesn't show as red. I think the first battery didn't actually need an update and got reflashed with V1.3.9.0. Seems like the new battery update feature is still a bit buggy.
I've got batteries saying they're v1.3.7.0 lol, the update process is very unrefined

I've got batteries saying they're v1.3.7.0 lol, the update process is very unrefined
Those batteries need to be updated via the sd card. For some reason the auto update for batteries isn’t working correctly 🤦‍♂️

If you need the sd card you know how to contact me Cameron .

Those batteries need to be updated via the sd card. For some reason the auto update for batteries isn’t working correctly 🤦‍♂️

If you need the sd card you know how to contact me Cameron .
Cheers Ken, I thought my last update via sd card had worked as there weren't any red versions listed, I will try the sd card method this time round again

Would it be possible for the firmware warning to include the 5 minutes you've mentioned to wait as it only says to wait for the green leds?

Cheers Ken, I thought my last update via sd card had worked as there weren't any red versions listed, I will try the sd card method this time round again

Would it be possible for the firmware warning to include the 5 minutes you've mentioned to wait as it only says to wait for the green leds?
You need to do the update per battery. All the new firmware functionality is it’s not supposed to reflash the entire craft.

The 5min warning is only for sd card load. App load is something different. I warn people to wait the 5mins in case of a hang. Much easier to wait 5 mins than brick a craft. Once you understand the update and watch it and learn the pattern you could cut down the wait time to only a minute. But I would rather see people wait the entire time.. better to be safe than sorry.

This is why they don’t want the file in public hands yet. There’s no progress for mobile if you do sd card load .

1) You need to do the update per battery. All the new firmware functionality is it’s not supposed to reflash the entire craft.

2) The 5min warning is only for sd card load.
1) I've power cycled everything several times (app, controller then drone - perhaps i have the order wrong) and I still have a battery that won't go to 1.3.9.0, would it be advisable to remove the sky app and try again?

2) Gotcha

1) I've power cycled everything several times (app, controller then drone - perhaps i have the order wrong) and I still have a battery that won't go to 1.3.9.0, would it be advisable to remove the sky app and try again?

2) Gotcha
You need to place the zip file back on the card for each battery. The files is removed after each update.

You need to place the zip file back on the card for each battery. The files is removed after each update.
Oh, putting the full zip file on there works as well? I've always unpacked the contents to the SD root.

Sorry but where this Zip and and where is this procedure explained?
Blade Strike will give to you, be careful as this is not showing the progress and if you close it before ends, you will brick the drone.

You need to do the update per battery. All the new firmware functionality is it’s not supposed to reflash the entire craft.

The 5min warning is only for sd card load. App load is something different. I warn people to wait the 5mins in case of a hang. Much easier to wait 5 mins than brick a craft. Once you understand the update and watch it and learn the pattern you could cut down the wait time to only a minute. But I would rather see people wait the entire time.. better to be safe than sorry.

This is why they don’t want the file in public hands yet. There’s no progress for mobile if you do sd card load .
Is there anything important in the battery firmware? I got my nano + yesterday, did the update and it went without any problems. But the two other batteries that came with the premium bundle are not updated and it doesn't look like the app is even trying to update them. Any problems if I fly the drone with one battery updated and two not updated? I'm a bit scared to do the manual update (from the SD) before even trying the drone :).

Is there anything important in the battery firmware? I got my nano + yesterday, did the update and it went without any problems. But the two other batteries that came with the premium bundle are not updated and it doesn't look like the app is even trying to update them. Any problems if I fly the drone with one battery updated and two not updated? I'm a bit scared to do the manual update (from the SD) before even trying the drone :).
Go to About and check battery firmware for each one.

The one that was in the drone at the time of the update is V1.3.9.0 and the other two are V1.3.7.0 (shown in red). The app shows no intention of trying to update the batteries though and from what I see there's no button to update.

Hi, my latest firmware update to V1.2.14 failed, and after restarting it showed everything as updated except for the RC unit, which is stuck at V1.0.4.2. I needed to insert a new battery to try again, and this new battery is also not updated to the latest version but is stuck at V1.3.7.0. I've read that you need to update each battery manually by putting a .bin file on the SD card, but if I go to the Autel nano plus webpage, download section, all I see is release notes but no actual downloads. How do I get my RC unit and new batteries updated, especially when there are no files to download?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-02 155114.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-04-02 155114.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 9
Hi, my latest firmware update to V1.2.14 failed, and after restarting it showed everything as updated except for the RC unit, which is stuck at V1.0.4.2. I needed to insert a new battery to try again, and this new battery is also not updated to the latest version but is stuck at V1.3.7.0. I've read that you need to update each battery manually by putting a .bin file on the SD card, but if I go to the Autel nano plus webpage, download section, all I see is release notes but no actual downloads. How do I get my RC unit and new batteries updated, especially when there are no files to download?

Not sure if this is the actual file so probably email first before using this below

So upgraded app this morning. Proceeded to install firmware 1.2.14. Firmware failed somewhere over 60% completion. I was prompted to restart everything to try again. Now it’s not offering the firmware. Instead, if you look in the application at the about tab; it shows the firmware updated. But it’s in RED. All the individual categories are in standard black. I have the options for log and HDR, but it won’t let me click on them. Anyone else having any “issues”?
Mine said successful but firmware in red and HDR and Log are visible but greyed out – not selectable. Guess I'll try again

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller