Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware Update: NANO/NANO+ 1.2.14

1648646266843.png

The newer RC firmware is definitely in there but doesn't seem to be picked up. Still hesitant to just edit header.json unless @Blade Strike confirms.

So HDR and log work for me now. The caveat is that I need to be airborne in order to be able to turn on those options in the app. This is odd because on the Lite+ I can be on the ground. Maybe it relates to heat issues with tiny quads, I dunno.

View attachment 13637

The newer RC firmware is definitely in there but doesn't seem to be picked up. Still hesitant to just edit header.json unless @Blade Strike confirms.
That looks like a failed update.. the RC did not complete more than likely. That is not the complete firmware, you should have a camera, ground and air bin files.

That looks like a failed update.. the RC did not complete more than likely. That is not the complete firmware, you should have a camera, ground and air bin files.
No that's a screenshot of the extracted NANO_GROUND_NODE_V1.2.14.bin to show that the newer version actually is in there. It includes the older and the newer RC update, but the newer one is never applied.

Both the old and the new RC firmware are referenced inside the header.json of the full firmware update (EVO-Nano_FW_V1.2.14.zip).

So unless the update procedure via the app does something differently compared to the SD method, no one should have their RC_MCU firmware at 2.0.0.3 after upgrading to V1.2.14, but on RC_MCU 1.0.4.2.

No that's a screenshot of the extracted NANO_GROUND_NODE_V1.2.14.bin to show that the newer version actually is in there. It includes the older and the newer RC update, but the newer one is never applied.
Oh I see the path now.. correct that is extracted files from the ground bin. force the update via sd card but as I said be very careful of light pattern and wait at least 5mins after solid green. Just so you know if a component fails, files are usually left behind unpacked, that is why I was confused for a minute.

Oh I see the path now.. correct that is extracted files from the ground bin. force the update via sd card but as I said be very careful of light pattern and wait at least 5mins after solid green.
I've done that twice, if you backtrack my replies. RC_MCU V2.0.0.3 is never applied, it stays on RC_MCU 1.0.4.2 (I'm not the only one).

My reasoning was: header.json references both versions, but 1.0.4.2 first. Can I delete the reference to it from header.json and thus update the RC_MCU?

Edit: And is RC_MCU 2.0.0.3 the version that should (or was intended to) be installed when upgrading to FW 1.2.14?

I've done that twice, if you backtrack my replies. RC_MCU V2.0.0.3 is never applied, it stays on RC_MCU 1.0.4.2 (I'm not the only one).

My reasoning was: header.json references both versions, but 1.0.4.2 first. Can I delete the reference to it from header.json and thus update the RC_MCU?

Edit: And is RC_MCU 2.0.0.3 the version that should (or was intended to) be installed when upgrading to FW 1.2.14?
from what I've been told there's two hardware versions of the rc, I wouldn't modify the file. What android version are you on? .16 or 17?

iOS has the same issue on some, esc and vision. Just , minor hardware versions that they need to correct on the app side so it doesn't show red for mismatch.

If you see my rc version you will see that you are fine .

Attachments

• 462BB7CC-A98F-4214-BCE6-DE4A09E278C1.jpeg
    462BB7CC-A98F-4214-BCE6-DE4A09E278C1.jpeg
    239.6 KB · Views: 23
from what I've been told there's two hardware versions of the rc, I wouldn't modify the file. What android version are you on? .16 or 17?

iOS has the same issue on some, esc and vision. Just , minor hardware versions that they need to correct on the app side so it doesn't show red for mismatch.
I'm on 1.2.17.

Interesting, two different hardware revisions of the RC - do you know what the changes were?

Glad I didn't just try modifying header.json. Although it would probably have done nothing, if there's a HW rev check inside the updater.

So just ignore the red 1.0.4.2 for now?

I'm on 1.2.17.

Interesting, two different hardware revisions of the RC - do you know what the changes were?

Glad I didn't just try modifying header.json. Although it would probably have done nothing, if there's a HW rev check inside the updater.

So just ignore the red 1.0.4.2 for now?
minor hardware changes I was told. yep just ignore the red RC. everything will work as intended.

I just completed the upgrade to 1.2.17. I have a google pixel 6 phone. I updated the app through playstore. I then booted up everything and the app said to upgrade the firmware. I proceeded with that and at about 30 % the update quit. I restarted the upgrade and it then finished properly. I read somewhere that you have to upgrade each individual battery. How is that done? I did a proper boot up with my other two batteries and nothing was said on the app about it.

I just completed the upgrade to 1.2.17. I have a google pixel 6 phone. I updated the app through playstore. I then booted up everything and the app said to upgrade the firmware. I proceeded with that and at about 30 % the update quit. I restarted the upgrade and it then finished properly. I read somewhere that you have to upgrade each individual battery. How is that done? I did a proper boot up with my other two batteries and nothing was said on the app about it.
No battery update in this version. Just make sure they are at 1.3.9

Since the update I'm not able to download any content wirelessly from the drone to my phone. Anyone having this issue? Also no thumbnails in the gallery.

Took two attempts with mine, and an IMU calibration in between the attempts.

One thing im curious about, as I cant test it yet due to the weather, how do you use HDR or DLOG mode when in PRO camera mode? There is no option to set log or hdr when in pro mode.

Also still no options to set the camera up for hyperlapses etc?

Took two attempts with mine, and an IMU calibration in between the attempts.

One thing im curious about, as I cant test it yet due to the weather, how do you use HDR or DLOG mode when in PRO camera mode? There is no option to set log or hdr when in pro mode.

Also still no options to set the camera up for hyperlapses etc?
Future enhancement of course :)

Reactions: bluenoes

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blindhout