Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware Update: NANO/NANO+ 1.2.14

update worked fine for me. lots of strange beeping and rebooting and resetting but worked the first time. does not seem to be any further battery updates tho.

Worked fine for me. I was not able to click on HDR and log until I got the drone up in the air.

Have they fixed the colours of raw photos anyone who's updated?
What to fix?
There is nothing to fix...your RAW is in RYYB, they need to make an ICC profile for RYYB colors that can match...
Also you can match this by using a color sample in jpg and then match the color profile in Photoshop, is pretty easy in fact. Then you can save your xml profile in Adobe and all your raw's will be corrected when you load them.

Hi, that's for sure a good news.
I just hope that it will not be as hard to edit as raw files in stills. Do you plan, as everybody ask, to deliver a profile which make possible editing RYYB raw files ? It should be a priority !
I'm a pro photgrapher, I must say that I'm amazed by the sensor + lens quality on this tiny drone (and I own its big brother Evo II 6K, and an Inspire 2 with a X5S...), but it's frustating not to be able to edit footages and stills as I should.
I made an Adobe camera profile, here: Autel Nano+ Adobe Camera RAW profile for Lightroom, Photoshop | Lodge Photo

Enjoy!

What to fix?
There is nothing to fix...your RAW is in RYYB, they need to make an ICC profile for RYYB colors that can match...
Also you can match this by using a color sample in jpg and then match the color profile in Photoshop, is pretty easy in fact. Then you can save your xml profile in Adobe and all your raw's will be corrected when you load them.
I made one so you don't have to wait: Autel Nano+ Adobe Camera RAW profile for Lightroom, Photoshop | Lodge Photo

@Bed do you happen to have the newest firmware files for manual upgrading again? (As with EVO-Nano_FW_V1.1.14.zip, but for 1.2.14)

Thanks!

If anyone needs help please let me know, [email protected]

Please be careful of loading from sd card. There is no app progress so you must watch the rear led.

Power on RC without mobile first. Then power craft on with file loaded on sd card. You will notice led rapid flashing green, DO NOT turn off until unit goes solid green for more than 5mins.

Here you are:

Hey, thank you. All went well as before - the only thing that's weird is that the Remote Controller is still showing V1.0.4.2 in red - anyone with the same issue?

Tried the SD update again and the Remote Controller started to blink, I waited til everything was settled again, restarted both devices - RC still at V1.0.4.2.

Another thing that happened during SD update: The app showed a modal screen for firmware-updating the battery, which I agreed to. Is this supposed to happen even in SD update mode?

Hey, thank you. All went well as before - the only thing that's weird is that the Remote Controller is still showing V1.0.4.2 in red - anyone with the same issue?

Tried the SD update again and the Remote Controller started to blink, I waited til everything was settled again, restarted both devices - RC still at V1.0.4.2.

Another thing that happened during SD update: The app showed a modal screen for firmware-updating the battery, which I agreed to. Is this supposed to happen even in SD update mode?
Same here, RC still at V1.0.4.2..

I've noticed that there's two RC_MCU versions listed in header.json:
{"model":"RC_MCU","filepath":"EVO-Nano_RC_MCU_V1.0.4.2_20211229.upg","filesize":52256,"md5sum":"9c2bd1f0d0fdc135e2bad6104c2b6708","sub_models":[]},{"model":"RC_MCU","filepath":"EVO-Nano_RC_MCU_V2.0.0.3_20220225.upg","filesize":52040,"md5sum":"a3422f93e872d9a346a06b7713854eb1","sub_models":[]}
Maybe it ignores the newer one because it comes second?

Edit: Anyone brave enough to delete the reference to the older version from header.json and throwing that plus NANO_GROUND_NODE_V1.2.14.bin onto their SD card?
Edit 2: Interesting. Battery firmware hasn't changed (still V1.3.9.0, as in header.json: EVO-Nano_BMS_V1.3.9.0_20220113115530.upg). Even though it asked me to update the first battery, when adding the second supposedly not-updated one, it doesn't show as red. I think the first battery didn't actually need an update and got reflashed with V1.3.9.0. Seems like the new battery update feature is still a bit buggy.

Last edited:
I've noticed that there's two RC_MCU versions listed in header.json:

Maybe it ignores the newer one because it comes second?

Edit: Anyone brave enough to delete the reference to the older version from header.json and throwing that plus NANO_GROUND_NODE_V1.2.14.bin onto their SD card?
Hehe, NO everyone is cheering for you to do that :p

If anyone needs help please let me know, [email protected]

Please be careful of loading from sd card. There is no app progress so you must watch the rear led.

Power on RC without mobile first. Then power craft on with file loaded on sd card. You will notice led rapid flashing green, DO NOT turn off until unit goes solid green for more than 5mins.
Could you please confirm the current version for RC_MCU (Remote Controller), is it V1.0.4.2 or V2.0.0.3?

Thanks!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blindhout