Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

FIRMWARE V1.4.9 is now officially released!

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
The V1.4.9 is now officially released! Comparing to the current official version V1.3.46, this release contains the following main changes:

1. Added Boat Mode*

2. Optimized gimbal control algorithm
3. Bug fixes
*The latest version of Explorer app is required to use this feature
Explorer app users will receive the OTA firmware update notification on the app home page after 60 seconds the aircraft, RC and mobile device are connected. (Internet connection on your mobile device is required)
For additional help and technical support, give us a call at 1-844-MY-AUTEL (692-8835), email us at [email protected], or chat w

Awesome... When I get home will be upgrading the aircraft!!!

Does anybody know if there is a battery update as part of this update?

I just upgraded the firmware successfully. The only strange is that it did not upgrade the batteries as well. The previous firmware upgrade, when I swapped the battery it will ask to upgrade firmware for each battery. Firmware 1.4.9 does not do the same. I guess the batteries does not need the upgrade.

I just upgraded the firmware successfully. The only strange is that it did not upgrade the batteries as well. The previous firmware upgrade, when I swapped the battery it will ask to upgrade firmware for each battery. Firmware 1.4.9 does not do the same. I guess the batteries does not need the upgrade.

Ahh thats good te hear. Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: macoman
Does anyone know if there were any last minute changes - meaning if we were already running the beta, is there any reason to update the firmware again?

LP

I did the update and after every update i do make a gimbal calibration and the calibration sequence is now change(much faster to calibrate)....hope this will not affect horizon tilt again?

Good news and bad news....at least for me. First the good news. The gimbal cal and new algorithm seems to have done even a better job with the horizon. I just flew two batteries and it was dead level for me both times. Really happy about that. The bad news is that the gimbal seems to be resetting/restarting occasionally. After one flight it reset/restarted it self immediately after landing while I was trying to adjust it using the app. On another flight while testing RTH, it landed and I could no longer move the gimbal with the wheel or the app - only a reboot fixed it. On yet a third flight, again the gimbal reset/restarted itself after landing. Anybody else notice any odd gimbal behavior? I'd like to think it's the new firmware rather than a hardware issue given they did mess with the algorithm.

LP

I did the update and after every update i do make a gimbal calibration and the calibration sequence is now change(much faster to calibrate)....hope this will not affect horizon tilt again?

I noticed the same - much faster cal. In addition, the horizon seems better for me (see my above post). However, I did notice some unwanted behavior....again, see above.

LP

I noticed the same - much faster cal. In addition, the horizon seems better for me (see my above post). However, I did notice some unwanted behavior....again, see above.

LP
I will not be able to fly before two weeks but hope someone else could see for the behaviour because this could be a firmware glitch...did you do ota update or with the microsd card? I always do the firmware update with the microsd card ....always more successful on my part.

Reactions: Highlander1UK
Good news and bad news....at least for me. First the good news. The gimbal cal and new algorithm seems to have done even a better job with the horizon. I just flew two batteries and it was dead level for me both times. Really happy about that. The bad news is that the gimbal seems to be resetting/restarting occasionally. After one flight it reset/restarted it self immediately after landing while I was trying to adjust it using the app. On another flight while testing RTH, it landed and I could no longer move the gimbal with the wheel or the app - only a reboot fixed it. On yet a third flight, again the gimbal reset/restarted itself after landing. Anybody else notice any odd gimbal behavior? I'd like to think it's the new firmware rather than a hardware issue given they did mess with the algorithm.

LP
I suggest you redo the firmware. Sometimes bugs like these happen, but gets fixed by reinstalling.

I suggest you redo the firmware. Sometimes bugs like these happen, but gets fixed by reinstalling.
That's my plan. Noticed something interesting in the video which might be a clue. Will post as soon as I edit.

LP

Ok, so I downloaded the latest firmware update 1-4-9 to a clean reformatted card. The only thing on the card prior to copying the new firmware update from the download folder from my computer to the evo mini card was two folders....DCIM and MISC. Both of these folders were empty. ( I had just formatted the card). After copying the single firmware file - a bin file 96.3 MB in size (that I downloaded from the support section of the autel website), I installed it in the bird and let it update. No problems, took about 5 mins or so after unpacking, installing and doing the upgrade. No notices about doing batterie(s) and ended with update successful msg and a note to reboot the aircraft and controller before flying. Even though nothing about batteries during the update, I have three and wanted to make sure I did the update three times with different batteries. I did note that the second and third time I did the update, it went very fast, say about 2 mins or so if that long. No big deal. However, since you have to reload/copy the update bin file to the card at the root from your computer each time you run the upgrade, I noticed after the first run through that there is now a new file folder left on the card and it is named ".upgrade" Inside this new folder are two files.....("header.json" and one called "X-star2.0_cameraXB015_VO.2.0.8.zip") Since they were not in the root of the card, I dont know what part, if any, these play or if they are even supposed to be there....Anyone have these two files appear and experience the same thing? Can I delete the mysterious folder?

Ok, so I downloaded the latest firmware update 1-4-9 to a clean reformatted card. The only thing on the card prior to copying the new firmware update from the download folder from my computer to the evo mini card was two folders....DCIM and MISC. Both of these folders were empty. ( I had just formatted the card). After copying the single firmware file - a bin file 96.3 MB in size (that I downloaded from the support section of the autel website), I installed it in the bird and let it update. No problems, took about 5 mins or so after unpacking, installing and doing the upgrade. No notices about doing batterie(s) and ended with update successful msg and a note to reboot the aircraft and controller before flying. Even though nothing about batteries during the update, I have three and wanted to make sure I did the update three times with different batteries. I did note that the second and third time I did the update, it went very fast, say about 2 mins or so if that long. No big deal. However, since you have to reload/copy the update bin file to the card at the root from your computer each time you run the upgrade, I noticed after the first run through that there is now a new file folder left on the card and it is named ".upgrade" Inside this new folder are two files.....("header.json" and one called "X-star2.0_cameraXB015_VO.2.0.8.zip") Since they were not in the root of the card, I dont know what part, if any, these play or if they are even supposed to be there....Anyone have these two files appear and experience the same thing? Can I delete the mysterious folder?
You can delete them. Those are created in the unpacking of the firmware file.

Ok - so here's my gimbal experience with the first three flights on 1.4.9. Given the consistency, I'm still inclined to think it has something to do with the firmware rather than a hardware problem with my Evo. Can I ask that others do a similar test when flying - ie: land with the gimbal facing down?

I'm going to do a few tests tomorrow to see how reproducable it is, then I'm going to reload the firmware.
LP

Thanks Augustine. You're always on top of everything. I haven't performed the update based on the camera issue after landing. Thanks for the video leafpeeper.

Two questions:

1) Do you think this behavior is by design? I doubt it.

2) I was going to call Autel in the morning to inquire about this gimbal anomoly. Has someone here already opened a ticket with Autel? If so, I'll hold off calling.

Strange behavior but it's good to know Autel is actively working on upgrades and hasn't giving up on perfecting the horizon tilt issue.

I'm still curious about the mission planner and how that differs from regular waypoint missions.

Thanks all for keeping us posted on your findings.

The V1.4.9 is now officially released! Comparing to the current official version V1.3.46, this release contains the following main changes:

1. Added Boat Mode*

2. Optimized gimbal control algorithm
3. Bug fixes
*The latest version of Explorer app is required to use this feature
Explorer app users will receive the OTA firmware update notification on the app home page after 60 seconds the aircraft, RC and mobile device are connected. (Internet connection on your mobile device is required)
For additional help and technical support, give us a call at 1-844-MY-AUTEL (692-8835), email us at [email protected], or chat w
I'm pretty sure that you have a bug/glitch in the boat mode. This video was posted on Facebook and I just tested my Evo and have exactly the same problem. This makes boat mode unusable so I hope you can push an update through quickly.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo