Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo II Pro v2 Dead After Firmware Update to 2.3.23

Jim Brammer

Reaction score
I updated my Evo II Pro v2 to firmware v2.3.23 last weekend. Now, when I power on the drone, the rear LEDs are solid red and it will not connect to the remote controller. I sent an email to [email protected] on July 10 and received a response with a ticket number, saying that "A support representative will review your request and be contacting you soon!". Since then, I have not heard anything from Autel.

I also tried to call the US support line at (844) 692-8835 at least eight times over the last four days. Each time I call, about 4-5 minutes after the voice prompt informs me that I am # 1 in the que, I get another voice prompt telling me that no one is available to take my call and I am directed to leave a voice mail message. So far, I left three VM messages with no response.

I am a commercial drone pilot and bought this Evo II Pro v2 to use in my drone services business. However, due to constant reliability problems since I first purchased this unit from Advexure on September 11, 2021, (e.g., failed firmware updates in the past (which had to be rolled back to previous versions) the aircraft intermittently disconnecting from the RC at close range (within 10 to 50 feet) and problems with not being able to access the camera controls in the app on my TripleTek Pro 8), I do not feel confident that this drone will perform reliably for me out in the field. So far, I have only accumulated about 11 hours of flight time on this aircraft, most of which have been test flights.

If anyone in this forum can suggest another way that I can get the attention of Autel support to get this thing fixed, I would be most appreciative.

I updated my Evo II Pro v2 to firmware v2.3.23 last weekend. Now, when I power on the drone, the rear LEDs are solid red and it will not connect to the remote controller. I sent an email to [email protected] on July 10 and received a response with a ticket number, saying that "A support representative will review your request and be contacting you soon!". Since then, I have not heard anything from Autel.

I also tried to call the US support line at (844) 692-8835 at least eight times over the last four days. Each time I call, about 4-5 minutes after the voice prompt informs me that I am # 1 in the que, I get another voice prompt telling me that no one is available to take my call and I am directed to leave a voice mail message. So far, I left three VM messages with no response.

I am a commercial drone pilot and bought this Evo II Pro v2 to use in my drone services business. However, due to constant reliability problems since I first purchased this unit from Advexure on September 11, 2021, (e.g., failed firmware updates in the past (which had to be rolled back to previous versions) the aircraft intermittently disconnecting from the RC at close range (within 10 to 50 feet) and problems with not being able to access the camera controls in the app on my TripleTek Pro 8), I do not feel confident that this drone will perform reliably for me out in the field. So far, I have only accumulated about 11 hours of flight time on this aircraft, most of which have been test flights.

If anyone in this forum can suggest another way that I can get the attention of Autel support to get this thing fixed, I would be most appreciative.
Try using that same Support number for Autel and use number 2 for Sales instead of number 1 for Support. I got through that way after going through the exact same thing with them 4 times! My Evo 2 Pro V2 I had just purchased, but ended up sending it back as the controller would not connect with the Explorer flight app.

Try using that same Support number for Autel and use number 2 for Sales instead of number 1 for Support. I got through that way after going through the exact same thing with them 4 times! My Evo 2 Pro V2 I had just purchased, but ended up sending it back as the controller would not connect with the Explorer flight app.
Thank you @Shastaski - great idea. I will give that a try on Monday!

Thanks Shastaski, I tried using "2" for sales (instead of "1" for service") but experienced the same problem. After a few minutes on hold I get a recording saying "no one is available to take your call, please leave a message". I left 4 messages with no response so far. I finally decided to reach out to the support team at Advexure, where I bought my Evo 2 Pro, and they were able to escalate to Autel on my behalf. As a result, yesterday I finally received an email response from Autel support giving me a stock answer of "download the 2.3.23 firmware and upgrade from the SD card. I told them in my original request for support that I already did that and the thing is still dead! So, I replied to their email once again and will await their response. SO frustrating!!!!

Hi @Jim Brammer, I see you mentioned @advexure in your post and purchased your EVO II with our company, please contact our Support Team at [email protected] so they can further assist and ensure your situation is resolved with Autel ASAP.
Many thanks to the support team at @advexure, where I bought my Evo 2 Pro. They were able to escalate to Autel on my behalf. As a result, yesterday I finally received an email response from Autel support giving me a stock answer of "download the 2.3.23 firmware and upgrade from the SD card again." I told them in my original request for support that I already did that and the thing is still dead! So, I replied to their email once again and will await their response. SO frustrating!!!!

• Sad
Reactions: edgardcafe
I recommend the following:
Plan A
Do not us IOS or Android for plan A.
1. Remove your SD card while drone and controller is powered off.
2. Power on your controller then power on your drone and see if that gets everything up and running.

Plan B
Put extracted files from firmware on the SD card.
Power on your controller then power on your drone and wait.
After the update, power off the drone and controller and remove the SD before restarting your controller and drone.

Let me know if this helps.
David.

Reactions: atortaloha
Plan A
2. Power on your controller then power on your drone and see if that gets everything up and running.

Plan B
After the update, power off the drone and controller and remove the SD before restarting your controller and drone.

David.
Thank you David,

I really appreciate your suggestions - sorry to say that I am still in the same position as before . . .

I tried your Plan A - no good - controller will not connect to aircraft. FYI, I also tried to relink controller to aircraft - still no good.

Then I tried your B - also no good. Here's what happened:
1) Downloaded the firmware again, extracted files, wrote files to root of Micro SD card
2) Installed SD card in aircraft
3) Powered on controller
4) Powered on aircraft
5) After about 20-30 seconds, screen on controller says “Download firmware . . .”
6) Progress bar goes from 0-100%, then controller screen shows “Upgrading firmware”
7) Progress bar goes from 0-100%, then I see the following screen on the remote controller:

1659120574310.png
When I reboot RC and aircraft, still will not connect.

Since originally having this problem on July 10, 2022, I have tried this FW update numerous times with the same exact result as above. I sent an email to Autel support on July 10 and still have no resolution. Full disclosure, Autel did reach out to me twice since July 10 - first time they told me to reinstall the FW as I outlined above, second time they asked me to tell them the level of FW that is installed on teh drone, which I cannot do because drone will not connect to RC - therefore, I cannot get to the "About" screen on the remote to see the FW level.

Last time I heard from Autel was on July 25, with nothing but radio silence since then. Bottom line, this drone has been inoperable since July 10 (19 days) with no resolution in sight. I am so totally fed up with Autel!! I will never purchase another one of their products!

Copy to @advexure - the ticket number for my Autel incident is 247364. I would sincerely appreciate any help you can provide to escalate this issue for resolution.

Attachments

• FW Update Failure Lg.jpeg
    FW Update Failure Lg.jpeg
    772.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: VJNow
I had the same screen on my remote as you but I tried twice more and it finally pushed through. I‘m sorry this didn’t help you.

Hello,
Just one question. Did you copy just the .bin files into the sdcard? I remember I had a mistake copying the full file to the sdcard and it didn’t work.

All firmware updates we have performed on our Evo II Enterprise (6k V2) unit have been via SD card. We place the .zip folder at the root directory of the SD card. We do not extract the .zip. We place neither an extracted file folder nor the individual files at the root directory.

Following the installation of the firmware update and as part of the upgrade installation, you should notice the .zip folder has been deleted from the SD card.

Autel support has indicated to me the Upgrade Details report following the installation of the firmware update may not be accurate. This details report issue has existed for at least the last three versions. We have experienced similar failures in the detail report. Autel recommends checking the firmware versions within the Explorer app, after performing the recommended system reboot, against the current firmware versions on their website rather than the upgrade details report.

Update: After waiting another four or five days with no response from Autel, I reached out again to @advexure, where I originally purchased my Autel Evo II Pro v2 back in September of last year. Even though it has been so long since my purchase, the team at Advexure jumped back in and escalated my ticket to upper management at Autel. Bottom line, I now have a new Evo II Pro v2 and, so far, it's been flying like a champ.

Once again, many thanks to the team at @advexure - you've gained a customer for life!

As for @Autel, unless or until they clean up their act relative to providing timely and responsive support, I'll be hard pressed to purchase another one of their products.

I tried the update on my E2P V2 today. I always update from the SD Card. This latest update failed, and told me to reboot the aircraft and try it again. The 2nd time it got to 80% installation and just stopped. I looked at the "about" information and it said aircraft was disconnected. However I could control the gimbal and had a picture.

Fortunately I was able to load a saved version from last April that downloaded and worked so I can at least fly this thing. I hope I can download the next version that comes out.

I found this thread very helpful when I recently wasn't able to get the 2.3.23 update to take after several tries. After trying each of the previous suggestions, I searched online for firmware updating instructions to see if there were other options and noticed the direction to take the propellers off the drone before running the update. I seem to recall doing firmware updates in the past where the propellers were on and I didn't have any problems, but since everything else didn't work, I figured I give it a shot -- and it worked. Hope that's helpful for someone out there.

Update: After waiting another four or five days with no response from Autel, I reached out again to @advexure, where I originally purchased my Autel Evo II Pro v2 back in September of last year. Even though it has been so long since my purchase, the team at Advexure jumped back in and escalated my ticket to upper management at Autel. Bottom line, I now have a new Evo II Pro v2 and, so far, it's been flying like a champ.

Once again, many thanks to the team at @advexure - you've gained a customer for life!

As for @Autel, unless or until they clean up their act relative to providing timely and responsive support, I'll be hard pressed to purchase another one of their products.
I just had a long conversation with someone o er at Autel. COVID and I suspect other issues did a number on their support. Most of the customer support staff have been there less than 6 months so they are playing catch up.

Why on earth can't there be in-app f/w updates like with the DJI Fly app??

Plan A

Plan B

David.
Your plan B worked thank you!

Hi everyone, i have the same problem, but in my case i have one additional big problem - i can't bind the RC to Evo Dual 640. As a result - i cant update software due to SD card. Do you know another variants of upgrade software via PC or etc?
Thanks a lot

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo