Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO Explorer App Users--It is now officially released! Boat Mode & Mission Planning feature v1

Can the new EVO Explorer App match the 10 inch iPad resolutions this time ?
Hi Daniel
The EVO Explorer is an app running on your mobile device and can only process and display the resolution the hardware in the drone is transmitting to it through the RC controller. If I'm not mistaken that resolution is 720p which will be as good as it gets no matter what your display screen is capable of showing.

If you think about this logically, the display on your mobile device is designed to fly the drone by the pilot and display pertinent telemetry, warnings, and menus. There is no value in transmitting a higher resolution than 720p for that purpose. You are not recording that transmission image for the purposes of filming or photography and the details in 720p are more than adequate for the purpose of flying and displaying data.

Where your Hi Res display will come in handy is viewing your recorded video and stills that were saved to the drone's SD card.

He might be referring to the App actually matching the screen size as I believe since the App is designed for a phone size screen it never fit properly on the larger ipads but I could be wrong.

Reactions: Trox
He might be referring to the App actually matching the screen size as I believe since the App is designed for a phone size screen it never fit properly on the larger ipads but I could be wrong.
Wow, letter boxing the display on a tablet would suck. But then again 16:9 is 16:9 and if your device is not made in that dimension ratio then some black borders would be necessary to prevent distortion. As I think about the Apple ads now it did seem like the very large iPads were closer to square than the smaller counterparts. I'd hate to try flying with a 10 inch tablet connected to the RC. My 8" is already too top heavy. ?

[/引用]

Yes, you are right. Because using the iPad can let me get accurate framing more easily compared to using the small screen device. So when I open the Explorer Apps in my 10 inch iPad, I have to zoom 2X. Aften zoom, some of the icons will present Incorrect position. That will be okay for me, I just want to check if any improvement with the Apps can matching with the Tablet.

So although I am not yet an EVO owner, I wanted to download the Explorer app and check it out a bit before actually buying an EVO. I dont see it on Google Playstore. Where is it or do I have to own a drone to access it?

So although I am not yet an EVO owner, I wanted to download the Explorer app and check it out a bit before actually buying an EVO. I dont see it on Google Playstore. Where is it or do I have to own a drone to access it?

I haveit on my phone already, but was not able to find it in the play store when I just checked.

I haveit on my phone already, but was not able to find it in the play store when I just checked.
Lately the app gets being pulled from the Play Store and reappearing within the next 24 hours. I do not know if it's Google or Autel. Just keep checking until it comes back.

It's been 2.5 days. So you either need to enable installations from other sources, (annoying) OR not have the app since they're all at CES I guess and can't figure out why it's not in the play store.
Whoever is over their mobile development would have gotten an email when it was pulled.

It's been 2.5 days. So you either need to enable installations from other sources, (annoying) OR not have the app since they're all at CES I guess and can't figure out why it's not in the play store.
Whoever is over their mobile development would have gotten an email when it was pulled.
This has happened in the past. You can read about it in the thread below. Perhaps they haven't re uploaded it since their work force is focused in CES2020.

Trying to download the Autel Explorer app from Google Store to my new android phone, but the "cannot be found" message appears.

I notice that there was forum chatter about this in December. Doesn't appear to have been re-uploaded by AR, unless I can't see the forest for the trees. thanking in advance for some guidance ?

It's a direct download on the Autel website when you can't get it on the playstore. You just have to install it manually with the apk.

You can get the APK straight from Autel, that's what I had to do. I hooked the tablet to the computer via USB and just copied it over to the tablet.

Seems like every time there is an update,it disappers from the play store for awhile.

You can get the APK straight from Autel, that's what I had to do. I hooked the tablet to the computer via USB and just copied it over to the tablet.
I,m getting a new tablet today. Hope i can figure it out. Kinda a dummy

Yes I know it's happened in the past.
I also know that it's communicated when they're removed, and you can restore it from your phone even.
Drones are a side thing/hobby. Supporting web infrastructure and mobile apps is what actually pays my bills.
I'm just saying it's NOT a good look to have all the eyes on them from the Evo 2 and folks saying how their support is better than DJI, then to not even have their app available without side loading.

Reactions: Alaska
I have seen it happen with Yuneec just a little while ago and Parrot Anifi FF6 disappeared which was a real screw up when it returned so It does happen. Apple is another big screw up as any new Apps need approval and you could wait weeks as we have seen with the X-Star App from Apple a few years ago.
There is always a work around so don't panic.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials