Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

FIRMWARE V1.4.9 is now officially released!

I just did this update. It was my first time doing an update and it seemed to go fine until I went to fly. Now I can not get my controller to connect? Has anyone else experienced this? I’ve tried to reconnect multiple times to no avail. Is there a way to reset back to the version prior to the update?

I just did this update. It was my first time doing an update and it seemed to go fine until I went to fly. Now I can not get my controller to connect? Has anyone else experienced this? I’ve tried to reconnect multiple times to no avail. Is there a way to reset back to the version prior to the update?
I don't think so, but contact or email Autel. Perhaps they can help you better than we can. From my knowledge of drones, when the controller fails to connect to the drone via a firmware update, usually means that the firmware failed to 1 of the devices and you have a firmware mismatch.

@Ansia Just a bit of past firmware update experience with the camera. I would suggest doing a camera reset in the Explorer app after you do your FW update. I've done it with the past few updates and I've had it correct a couple of issues I was having. Only makes sense that any new FW for the camera would need to have access to it and a reset would do just that.

Reactions: LeafPeeper
My upgrade experience was interesting. Done via APp/RC and it said it failed even though all tick boxes on the RC. So I re-did it with BIN file on SD card and it seemed to have gone OK.

Performed a gimbal recalibration and the app says its completed before its actually completed. Need to give it approx 1min more to complete. My Fimi X8 does this also, quite bizarre.

@Ansia Just a bit of past firmware update experience with the camera. I would suggest doing a camera reset in the Explorer app after you do your FW update. I've done it with the past few updates and I've had it correct a couple of issues I was having. Only makes sense that any new FW for the camera would need to have access to it and a reset would do just that.

Agree - I tried this earlier as it has helped with issues with my DJI drones. In this case, it didn't help with the 1.4.9 issues I'm experiencing.

Also, unlike DJI, when you reflash the firmware with the Evo, it doesn't appear to actually reflash - as it finishes VERY quickly with no light flashing or reboots. Since it appears to know what needs to be updated (since battery updates go quickly), I'm assuming it just checks code levels and doesn't actually rewrite anything. SOOO....reflashing appears to be pointless in trying to debug issues.

LP

I plan on doing it, but since I wasn't going to fly last night and my house floor is full of rebar, I decided yo hold until I test it in the real world.

Update 2: so I did the gimbal reset and calibration like @jcommstudios suggested and I shot my own foot. Now I am experiencing all the problems @LeafPeeper is having. I will have to do some more testing at a later time. It's extremely hot outside and I'm irritated that it was working great until the calibration.

On another note, I noticed the calibration was slower than it usually is. Was it the same for you guys?

Update 2: so I did the gimbal reset and calibration like @jcommstudios suggested and I shot my own foot. Now I am experiencing all the problems @LeafPeeper is having. I will have to do some more testing at a later time. It's extremely hot outside and I'm irritated that it was working great until the calibration.

On another note, I noticed the calibration was slower than it usually is. Was it the same for you guys?

Actually no - I found the gimbal calibration much FASTER than with the prior firmware. FWIW, I have sent all my latest tests and findings to my open ticket with Autel. They initially responded yesterday with some questions- and I sent them answers and more....so we wait.

LP

Actually no - I found the gimbal calibration much FASTER than with the prior firmware. FWIW, I have sent all my latest tests and findings to my open ticket with Autel. They initially responded yesterday with some questions- and I sent them answers and more....so we wait.

LP
Keep me posted. If they ask you to send it in, please ley me know.

Keep me posted. If they ask you to send it in, please ley me know.

I will. At this point, I am not willing to send it in. Everything works (everything else anyway), it flies great, and has a reasonably quiet RC fan. I'm not willing to risk damage or new issues by sending it in - especially when I'm thoroughly convinced this is a FW issue. I can live with these issues if I have to - I'll just return the gimbal to level right before I land. Also, in the short time I tested it, the boat mode jitter seemed to subside once the Evo was in the air. I'd have to do more testing to confirm this, but if it's true, yet another reason why I'd be able to live with it.

LP

Reactions: Ansia
I will. At this point, I am not willing to send it in. Everything works (everything else anyway), it flies great, and has a reasonably quiet RC fan. I'm not willing to risk damage or new issues by sending it in - especially when I'm thoroughly convinced this is a FW issue. I can live with these issues if I have to - I'll just return the gimbal to level right before I land. Also, in the short time I tested it, the boat mode jitter seemed to subside once the Evo was in the air. I'd have to do more testing to confirm this, but if it's true, yet another reason why I'd be able to live with it.

LP
My thoughts exacly. I dread having to send it to Autel and having to wait another 37 exciting days.
The above said, it still might be worth opening your own ticket so they have the issue logged from more than one owner.

LP
I will. Right now I'm at work, so can't fool around with it. When I have the time, I will record the problems, so I can send it to Autel.

Reactions: LeafPeeper
For the benefit of everyone, I have done and uploaded videos of the problems the gimbal is facing after the firmware update.

Autel Robotics hasn't opened yet, so I have to wait a bit, to contact them.

Edit: My pulse sucks....

I wandered if we can reinstall the last firmware instead of the new one because i still have a copy of the old firmware in my computer....if these two situation are bugs maybe the initial startup of the camera with boat mode switch off when camera facing down is normal because if your landing on uneven ground with camera at 90 degrees down maybe the gimbal is doing is initial start up again just in case the gimbal would have touch the ground on landing and maybe this is why on boat mode it doesn’t do this because you catch the drone in the air

Just talk to autel about these issues and they where not aware of it so please everybody that has theses issues make contact with them to let them know about it or open a ticket so they will do something about it....the more we are complaining about these issues the faster they will do something about it also we cannot go back to a old firmware sorry and they told me it maybe an issue or maybe not .....they have to look at it

Update 3: I just contacted Autel, and after 39 minute wait, I was replied with this....

I feel like I was cast aside.... I'm just going to roll into a ball and cry for the rest of the day.

I have an open ticket on all of this as well. Waiting to hear back for a second time from Alejandro...

LP

I'll had that I'm glad I'm not all alone with these issues. :) Thank you everyone for testing! Now we need to just beat on Autel to get them to investigate it.

LP

@Ansia Does the problem occur in boat mode only? I calibrated the gimbal and refreshed the camera with no problems however I have not put it in boat mode. I don't see myself using boat mode much, if at all. The calibration was quicker than in the past. I am going to go do a test flight today. Keep us informed!

Update... Just did the camera rest and the gimbal is fine on startup facing straight ahead at 0 degrees. Went out and flew for about 10 minutes with no issues. I have not switched to boat mode. I have a project where I need the drone to operate properly in a couple of days. keep us posted on what you find out!

Last edited:
The camera/gimbal jitter only happens in boat mode. The gimbal restart after landing only happens when NOT in boat mode. Have you tried the test I suggested? Not in boat mode, take off, drop the camera down to 90 deg, land, then watch the gimbal for 10-15 sec to see a twitch, then a restart.

LP

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
celso