Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO Explorer App Users--It is now officially released! Boat Mode & Mission Planning feature v1

I have seen it happen with Yuneec just a little while ago and Parrot Anifi FF6 disappeared which was a real screw up when it returned so It does happen. Apple is another big screw up as any new Apps need approval and you could wait weeks as we have seen with the X-Star App from Apple a few years ago.
There is always a work around so don't panic.
Got it done. Thanks Guys. My Son is an IT so he did a session and helped.

This is what i needed the App for. Found it on a local Marketplace. What i didn,t know till i got it was it was New. Never set up. I have another that i have had for a few years but it was having charging issues which is doing ok now.

Attachments

• IMG_0237.JPG
    IMG_0237.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 23
This is what i needed the App for. Found it on a local Marketplace. What i didn,t know till i got it was it was New. Never set up. I have another that i have had for a few years but it was having charging issues which is doing ok now.

Nice, not always easy to find at a decent price.

Agree with comments about this being a bad look for Autel. I don't recall EVER purchasing a product, jumping onto Google Play.... and finding the app isn't there. This is especially bad considering that the app is fundamental to using this product.

I just got my Evo today, and it's not a good first impression. Are their app/versions and firmware updates sort of a mess? I've seen a some talk about the latest firmware for the Evo not installing correctly. I have not tried updating mine yet... going to give it a couple flights first

If it's not already updated I would before flight. There should be no problems. If so just repeat the process. Doing it manually is usually better since you don't have to rely on an internet connection.

There are a few reports of bricking the Evo trying to update this latest firmware, correct? Just saw in a thread today where a fourm member just shipped his Evo back to get fixed after a failed update.

There are a few reports of bricking the Evo trying to update this latest firmware, correct? Just saw in a thread today where a fourm member just shipped his Evo back to get fixed after a failed update.
It is my personal opinion that many of those who get mismatch firmware between the drone and controller either did not have the battery above 50% at the start of the update or they turned off their controller halfway due to impatience. I've had various drones, I do all my firmwares OTA and I have never bricked a single drone. Sure, there are exceptions where the hardware does fail, but that is a rarity.

Reactions: macoman
Newbie here to the forum (hello, all!). I just purchased my EVO on the 21st and a) charged all of my batteries b) charged my controller c) ran the over-the-air firmware update 3 times, first to update the drone/controller/gimbal/1st battery, then 2 more times to update the batteries. All went well and I had my first 'driveway' flight on Saturday, followed by my first field flight on Sunday. Everything worked like a charm and I didn't have any problem with any bricking or anything like that. Overall this was a far easier process than what I had to do with my old Phantom 3 Standard (in my opinion). So far so good, but thanks for being an open forum that I can use as a reference!

Awesome! Also, don't forget to calibrate. A rule of thumb for me is to recalibrate everything after any firmware update.

Newbie here to the forum (hello, all!). I just purchased my EVO on the 21st and a) charged all of my batteries b) charged my controller c) ran the over-the-air firmware update 3 times, first to update the drone/controller/gimbal/1st battery, then 2 more times to update the batteries. All went well and I had my first 'driveway' flight on Saturday, followed by my first field flight on Sunday. Everything worked like a charm and I didn't have any problem with any bricking or anything like that. Overall this was a far easier process than what I had to do with my old Phantom 3 Standard (in my opinion). So far so good, but thanks for being an open forum that I can use as a reference!
I used to own a P3S. Those birds are notorious for being fidgety with everything. Ever since I moved away from it, I have been a happy pilot.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t