Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The V1.5.8 is now officially released!

I have downloaded this latest FW update and TRIED to install it on my EVO(1) and even though all the version data on the app shows the latest versions, I always get this screen which leaves me really nervous that something didn't go right.
20200329_104822.jpg
The issue is the RC Player and the reboot and try again warning :eek:
Also I don't have a "remoter control" just a regular remote control. LOL
Should I be concerned??

I have downloaded this latest FW update and TRIED to install it on my EVO(1) and even though all the version data on the app shows the latest versions, I always get this screen which leaves me really nervous that something didn't go right.
View attachment 6562
The issue is the RC Player and the reboot and try again warning :eek:
Also I don't have a "remoter control" just a regular remote control. LOL
Should I be concerned??
No. This is 100% normal.

So my new Evo finally arrived, I have 4 batteries so I was expecting to have to run the firmware update 4 times, however, it only prompted to run once. I know this one is just a firmware for the drone but I thought I had read that if they were new the batteries would still need updating to their latest firmware. Any insight on this? Also, one other kind of off-topic question, at what altitude are you considered to be in open airspace? I was flying back at about 260 feet and my neighbor across the road decided to bring out a shotgun and threaten to shoot my drone.

In 1946 the Supreme Court acknowledged that the air had become a “public highway,” but a landowner still had dominion over “at least as much of the space above the ground as he can occupy or use in connection with the land.” You also have to consider someones right to privacy which can change from State to State. As for your neighbor with the gun, I would try and avoid him as he does not sound like a reasonable man. Shooting down a UAV is considered a Federal offence but really has not been fully testing in a Federal court. Only in civil court to get reimbursed for damages. Most judges do not even want to hear about it. Still a lot of education needs to be done on both sides.

In 1946 the Supreme Court acknowledged that the air had become a “public highway,” but a landowner still had dominion over “at least as much of the space above the ground as he can occupy or use in connection with the land.” You also have to consider someones right to privacy which can change from State to State. As for your neighbor with the gun, I would try and avoid him as he does not sound like a reasonable man. Shooting down a UAV is considered a Federal offence but really has not been fully testing in a Federal court. Only in civil court to get reimbursed for damages. Most judges do not even want to hear about it. Still a lot of education needs to be done on both sides.

I agree, I had already decided to just avoid flying over his property, I was disappointed in him, as we have been neighbors for 20 years and I always thought he was more mature. Anyway, thanks for the information.

You might find this of interest. I have not read it all yet but seems it might help, confuse you even more LOL

Attachments

• Interesting Read.pdf
    544.5 KB · Views: 10
So my new Evo finally arrived, I have 4 batteries so I was expecting to have to run the firmware update 4 times, however, it only prompted to run once. I know this one is just a firmware for the drone but I thought I had read that if they were new the batteries would still need updating to their latest firmware. Any insight on this? Also, one other kind of off-topic question, at what altitude are you considered to be in open airspace? I was flying back at about 260 feet and my neighbor across the road decided to bring out a shotgun and threaten to shoot my drone.

WOW. Your neighbor is a real nutcase. At 260 feet, the EVO is virtually undetectable either audibly or visually. You can get a closer more detailed view of his house using Google Maps.

WOW. Your neighbor is a real nutcase. At 260 feet, the EVO is virtually undetectable either audibly or visually. You can get a closer more detailed view of his house using Google Maps.

lol, I know, I looked after reviewing the video of me return flight. I live near a man-made lake and I had flown up the first river that fills into the lake. on returning I flew over his 100'x200' lot. there is a lot more of his property visible on google maps than there is during my flyover.

Reactions: BerndM
lol, I know, I looked after reviewing the video of me return flight. I live near a man-made lake and I had flown up the first river that fills into the lake. on returning I flew over his 100'x200' lot. there is a lot more of his property visible on google maps than there is during my flyover.

Pointing out that shooting at a drone is a federal felony via 18 USC 32 tends to help. Noting to them that even threatening to shoot down a drone is also a violation of that same federal statute tends to further get their attention if you press them with it. The problem is that the Department of Justice isn't going to press charges no matter what. And thus the only real ability is to scare them with the words. Or buy a bigger gun

Pointing out that shooting at a drone is a federal felony via 18 USC 32 tends to help. Noting to them that even threatening to shoot down a drone is also a violation of that same federal statute tends to further get their attention if you press them with it. The problem is that the Department of Justice isn't going to press charges no matter what. And thus the only real ability is to scare them with the words.

that article was a good read, and truly did nothing to clarify the issue ;) I told his wife that I didn't appreciate his lack of maturity and neighborliness, also mentioning that had the situations been reversed I would have had a conversation like an adult, rather than pull out a gun, rack a shell and aim. pretty sure I heard her yelling at him, I figure if he again brings out the guns I will get a photo and call the police. At the minimum brandishing a firearm here in Michigan is a misdemeanor carrying 3 mos jail and some fines.

i sympathize with your neighbor, if you started flying by my property I would also make an attempt to shoot that drone down. its my right as a human being to have privacy. but on the other hand i am a drone pilot and am ok with being shot down if i was flying in an invasive way to others . its the cost of having fun.. learn to fly more tactical and stealthy is the lesson here...

i sympathize with your neighbor, if you started flying by my property I would also make an attempt to shoot that drone down. its my right as a human being to have privacy. but on the other hand i am a drone pilot and am ok with being shot down if i was flying in an invasive way to others . its the cost of having fun.. learn to fly more tactical and stealthy is the lesson here...

You might want to update yourself as to who has the right to the NAS above your property. It most definitely not the home owner. You also might want to update yourself on shooting down a aircraft. Since the FAA has made all UAV's listed as aircraft then shooting one down is a federal offence. Sorry but you will not get much sympathy with shooting one down from many members here or any other forum that deals with UAV's.

You might want to update yourself as to who has the right to the NAS above your property. It most definitely not the home owner. You also might want to update yourself on shooting down a aircraft. Since the FAA has made all UAV's listed as aircraft then shooting one down is a federal offence. Sorry but you will not get much sympathy with shooting one down from many members here or any other forum that deals with UAV's.
i've been updated and understand the law, I think humans have more rights to privacy not drones!

i've been updated and understand the law, I think humans have more rights to privacy not drones!

You sir, are obviously a troll, and while I am disinclined to spend much time discussing anything with you given you obviously don't read all of what you are responding too; I will just say that no one said anything about "flying in an invasive way". I can see all I could possibly want of my neighbors yard by simply looking across the street. This is a residential neighborhood and so the only legal excuse to brandish or discharge a firearm is defense, and my drone accidentally crossing a property line at 260 feet elevation does not nearly meet that requirement.

Reactions: flyingfool

Can a drone fly over my home/property?

The short answer is yes. The Federal Aviation Administration controls the air above your home, and property lines do not extend into the sky.

“Believe it or not, the airspace is considered a public thoroughfare, so it’s just like the street at your house — where you have no right to keep people out of it,” said Vic Moss, the co-owner of Drone U.

Can a drone record me in my own backyard?

Yes. According to Eby, property owners do not have an expectation of privacy when they are out in the open, even in their own backyards. “Even if you did have an expectation of privacy, it wouldn’t mean that you just have the right to club a drone out of the air. It would mean that you would have to go through legal channels in order to prevent that person from flying that drone over your property in the future.

Can I shoot a drone out of the sky?

No, you cannot shoot a drone out of the sky. Drones are considered aircraft by the National Transportation Safety Board and are protected.

“The same law that prevents you from shooting down a 747, or a Cessna 172, or something like that, protects our drones while we are in the air. You cannot shoot down an aircraft period. It is against federal law,”

What’s the danger if I do shoot down a drone?

You could be fined or face jail time. Beyond that, there are safety concerns to take into account.

“Drones are powered by lithium polymer, also called Lipo batteries, and Lipo battery is a fire waiting to happen. “If you shoot this down and you bust the battery and it lands on your house, your house will burn down.”
There are also possible legal steps the owner of the downed drone could take.
The owner of the drone has rights and someone damaging their property would be liable for that damage.

Can I shine a bright light or laser pointer at the drone?

Also no. Once again, drones are treated like aircraft, so if you’re not allowed to do it to an airplane, you’re not allowed to do it to a drone.

So, what can you do when it comes to drones?

The first thing to do is try to figure out who owns the drone and talk to them.

“If you can find who owns the drone, you can have a conversation with them. Most people are reasonable.
Drones fly within a short distance of their operators and have limited battery power, so finding the operator isn’t impossible.

If they are unreasonable, it’s best to get law enforcement involved.
Call the cops if you really honestly think that it is spying on you. That means it’s down to tree-top level and hovering.
There are nuisance and peeping Tom laws that may apply and offer some sort of legal course you can take to stop the drone from hovering over your house.
Shooting one down is not one of them.

So I've been on 1.5.8 since the beta, and have since manually upgraded to the release version of 1.5.8 (although I don't think there was a need). However, the app now constantly wants to upgrade my firmware. I've upgraded OTA as well as manually via SD card successfully SEVERAL times now, but I get the firmware upgrade notice every time I boot the app and bird. Did I miss something? Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, any idea how to fix?

Thanks
LP

So I've been on 1.5.8 since the beta, and have since manually upgraded to the release version of 1.5.8 (although I don't think there was a need). However, the app now constantly wants to upgrade my firmware. I've upgraded OTA as well as manually via SD card successfully SEVERAL times now, but I get the firmware upgrade notice every time I boot the app and bird. Did I miss something? Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, any idea how to fix?

Thanks
LP

This seems to be a recurring problem with other updates. I think most just ignore the message and go fly.

Thanks
LP
This is an error of the Explorer app ever since they incorporated the Evo II into it. Autel is aware of it, but have yet to fix it. Just ignore it and keep on flying.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo