Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New AUTEL LITE Series firmware is out: 1.8.3

lukappaseidue

Reaction score
The EVO Lite series firmware package V1.8.3 (Released on Feb 28, 2023) contains the following components update:

New Features:

• Added Remote ID function in Untied State region
  • Added Takeoff in Attitude Mode function

Bug Fixes and Optimizations:

• Optimized the image transmission stability
  • Optimized the detection performance of the vision system
  • Optimized the gimbal stability
  • Fixed the aircraft oscillation issue
  • Fixed other minor known issues

The EVO Lite series firmware package V1.8.3 (Released on Feb 28, 2023) contains the following components update:

COMPONENTLite / Lite +
Flight ControlV1.0.24.72 / V3.0.24.73
ESCV3.1.0.5
CameraV2.1.8.27
Image TransmissionV1.0.7.3
RC Image TransmissionV1.0.7.3
Remote ControlV1.0.4.5 / V2.0.0.8
Vision ModuleV1.0.1.5
GimbalV1.0.0.71
BatteryV0.1.5.0
SonarV1.0.1.7

You need to update the Autel Sky App first before the OTA firmware upgrade.

Please refer to the Firmware Version Table for firmare version details

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V1.8.2 Release Notes​

The EVO Lite series firmware package V1.8.2 (Released on Feb 24, 2023) contains the following components update:

New Features​

• Added Remote ID function for the United States region
  • Added ATTI mode for Japan region

Bug Fixes and Optimizations
  • Fixed and optimized minor known issues

You need to update the Autel Sky App first before the OTA firmware upgrade. Here is the version for your reference:

COMPONENTLite Series
ESCV3.1.0.5
CameraV2.1.8.27
Vision ModuleV1.0.1.5
GimbalV1.0.0.70
BatteryV0.1.5.0
SonarV1.0.1.7

* The Flight Control & Remote Control firmware have two different versions, and both of these versions are safe for flying

Last edited:
Reactions: Detritalgeo

V1.8.2 Release Notes​

The EVO Lite series firmware package V1.8.2 (Released on Feb 24, 2023) contains the following components update:

New Features​

• Added Remote ID function for the United States region
  • Added ATTI mode for Japan region

Bug Fixes and Optimizations​

• Fixed and optimized minor known issues

You need to update the Autel Sky App first before the OTA firmware upgrade. Here is the version for your reference:

COMPONENTLite Series
ESCV3.1.0.5
CameraV2.1.8.27
Vision ModuleV1.0.1.5
GimbalV1.0.0.70
BatteryV0.1.5.0
SonarV1.0.1.7

* The Flight Control & Remote Control firmware have two different versions, and both of these versions are safe for flying
Hi,
Question for you. I updated the firmware (after updating the sky app), but it “failed” as it was nearing completion- maybe 70% of the way in. I tried again with another full battery, and a fully charged controller and iPad. The updated firmware - with all of its updated components- was there! Can I assume the update was in fact successful? I’m not sure what happened!

It should.
Check by app all your module firmware and compare them with the table of my oost. If needed reflash the firmware

I guess Autel pulled this update? I was trying to get it to install yesterday and it wouldn't pull it. Now the Sky App is saying I'm at the latest version (1.5.33) and the release notes are no longer posted in their firmware section.

I have 2 android phones and neither indicated the SKY app was updated... even tried removing and reinstalling the app but still stuck on 1.4.32
So could not update the firmware anyway..

I have 2 android phones and neither indicated the SKY app was updated... even tried removing and reinstalling the app but still stuck on 1.4.32
I have android also. I did look on the apple app store and the ios version had updated Feb 24. So ios was good to go but apparently something went wrong with the firmware that caused Autel to pull it before android updated.

I have android also. I did look on the apple app store and the ios version had updated Feb 24. So ios was good to go but apparently something went wrong with the firmware that caused Autel to pull it before android updated.
I noticed this new firmware post a few days ago and tried to launch the update yesterday. But there was no new android version of the Autel Sky app, so the firmware update wouldn't happen. And today I noticed that they reverted back to the beta firmware that fixed the gimbal oscillation issue. It would be nice if they would have provided some sort of explanation and maybe a timeline for the release. Anyway, my Sky app version is 1.4.32 as well. I noticed that when you download the android apk file from the QR code on the Autel Robotics Sky App Download page the version of that app is AutelSky-V1.4.49.apk. I tried to install it, thinking maybe this one will pull the firmware update. When I launched the apk setup file they did ask if I wanted to update the AutelSky app. I replied yes. But I then got the following error message "App not installed as package conflicts with an existing package." I did not try uninstalling the Sky app first. Maybe the V2.4.49 app is what goes with the beta. IDK. I guess I'll just wait like the rest of us for the official release to get launched.

Reactions: Lyk2fly
I noticed this new firmware post a few days ago and tried to launch the update yesterday. But there was no new android version of the Autel Sky app, so the firmware update wouldn't happen. And today I noticed that they reverted back to the beta firmware that fixed the gimbal oscillation issue. It would be nice if they would have provided some sort of explanation and maybe a timeline for the release. Anyway, my Sky app version is 1.4.32 as well. I noticed that when you download the android apk file from the QR code on the Autel Robotics Sky App Download page the version of that app is AutelSky-V1.4.49.apk. I tried to install it, thinking maybe this one will pull the firmware update. When I launched the apk setup file they did ask if I wanted to update the AutelSky app. I replied yes. But I then got the following error message "App not installed as package conflicts with an existing package." I did not try uninstalling the Sky app first. Maybe the V2.4.49 app is what goes with the beta. IDK. I guess I'll just wait like the rest of us for the official release to get launched.
Yeah, an explanation would be nice. Several Facebook groups had posted about the update...now all post referring to the update including comments have been removed.

Looks like the android Autel Sky app is ready to update now.

I tried again tonight. It worked. The app had an update to V1.4.49. After launching the updated app the prompt for the firmware download appeared. It failed to download on my first attempt. Installed fine on the 2nd attempt. I have not flown since the update, but I did go through the app. The only change that I noticed was that it now says that Remote ID is Broadcasting.

Android update now available I'm my Google Play.. Yes if you want to install the APK directly you will have to remove the Google version first.

New Features:

• Added Remote ID function in Untied State region
  • Added Takeoff in Attitude Mode function

Bug Fixes and Optimizations:

• Fixed other minor known issues

You need to update the Autel Sky App first before the OTA firmware upgrade.

Please refer to the Firmware Version Table for firmare version details

Hi, I have an question :I have an Honor Magic 3 Pro plus phone, no Google service, Autel Sky app will be work in this phone?
Thank you and I'm sorry that I have to ask here.

Since this firmware update includes Remote ID broadcast functionality, I tried to update my FAA registration to show Remote ID enabled for my Autel Evo Lite+. It wouldn't accept my LT09xxxxx187 S/N. The error was 'Invalid S/N' and the changes wouldn't save. Googling the issue, I ran across a DJI forum discussing this. Apparently, the FAA S/N field is looking for a 20 digit number and the forum made mention of a 1581F prefix and trailing zeros to complete the SN 20 digit requirement. FYI: I tried adding the prefix to my drone SN and added the trailing zeros. The FAA site took it. I don't know if it is right, but it saved. Either Autel or the FAA need to put forth more instructions on this topic. I'm not too comfortable with guessing. Do any of you know anything about this prefix, registration SN formatting, etc. There's a ton if info about what remote ID is (or will be), but little on exactly how to comply.

dronereg.jpg

Reactions: sandcrawler
The EVO Lite series firmware package V1.8.3 (Released on Feb 28, 2023) Night Mode the three modes of night mode are missing, am I missing something here. Not sure they went missing in previous firmware.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN