Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

When will the Nano / Nano + begin shipping?

100% Not, i was told they plan on new smart controller for lite and nano
i can see autel wanting to launch a small smart controller similar to the dji sc pro. the autel sc is nice but it's really big and you could say, the screen is probably a little bit bigger than it could be; plus it is pricey. there is a market for an intermediate autel sc that is half on everything (price, screen size, weight) but double on the number of autel drones it actually works with. however, let's be clear: to me, it shall be unacceptable to launch a 1000nit sc of any size; simply not bright enough.

Reactions: PingSpike

Our local Autel Distributor, I emailed him asking about dates and also asked about smart controller

I have some swamp land that I would like to sell, no one has seen it but I can describe it and maybe get someone to pay me in advance! P.T. Barnum was correct with all these pre-orders to fund a Chinees company, "A sucker is born every minute".

DJI is also Chinese, its not like we have a good non Chinese brand to choose from.

Last edited:
Reactions: Theborg
i can see autel wanting to launch a small smart controller similar to the dji sc pro. the autel sc is nice but it's really big and you could say, the screen is probably a little bit bigger than it could be; plus it is pricey. there is a market for an intermediate autel sc that is half on everything (price, screen size, weight) but double on the number of autel drones it actually works with. however, let's be clear: to me, it shall be unacceptable to launch a 1000nit sc of any size; simply not bright enough.

Honestly i prefer big screens over small ones, even my PC monitor is 55inch, and flying on big screen more immersive [or just buy a goovis Lite glasses which i plan to in future as upgrade]
But the price is outrageous, the LCD screen is not worth that much.
But making it 1500-2000nits is expensive

But making it 1500-2000nits is expensive

For reference, there's only a $100 price difference between Feelworld's 2200 and 450 nit 7" monitors. The $100 also isn't just a brightness upgrade, it goes from 1080 to 4k, etc.

I'm selling my Mini 2 and a few other items to make room - I'm curious how long I'll need to wait.
I'm assuming that production is underway at this point. Some vendors are advertising mid November delivery.
I'm seeing from a lot of vendors that the EVO Nano + wont start shipping until February of 2022.....Seriously?? I have to wait 5 months and this isn't even a confirmed date - Not cool Autel that we find out from 3rd parties and you cant even give us an update on your website.

I'm seeing from a lot of vendors that the EVO Nano + wont start shipping until February of 2022.....Seriously?? I have to wait 5 months and this isn't even a confirmed date - Not cool Autel that we find out from 3rd parties and you cant even give us an update on your website.
the date on the retailer's website is the date they expect to begin selling the product. this date may or may not line up with the official autel launch date. sometimes it takes awhile for a manufacturer to receive product but i guess if everyone is publishing the same date, it might be true. however, it's not a promise whereas a date published at autelrobotics.com is more like a promise. i guess we'll just have to wait until they are comfortable with announcing their launch date. how do we know theborg is not a dji employee demanding to know the date so we can move out our mini3 launch date giving us extra time to size up the competition because they told me they won't be ready until april. for now, the dji mini3 will have to launch "tomorrow" if they want to beat the nano. no plans to release the pressure on first to market.

the date on the retailer's website is the date they expect to begin selling the product. this date may or may not line up with the official autel launch date. sometimes it takes awhile for a manufacturer to receive product but i guess if everyone is publishing the same date, it might be true. however, it's not a promise whereas a date published at autelrobotics.com is more like a promise. i guess we'll just have to wait until they are comfortable with announcing their launch date. how do we know theborg is not a dji employee demanding to know the date so we can move out our mini3 launch date giving us extra time to size up the competition because they told me they won't be ready until april. for now, the dji mini3 will have to launch "tomorrow" if they want to beat the nano. no plans to release the pressure on first to market.
lol - I can assure you I'm not a DJI employee - My EVO 2 Pro is what I would consider the best drone in it's class better than any folding drone DJI has out - My point is that if 3rd party vendors are publishing the same shipping date (You can check B&H and others) then shouldn't Autel be out front with this info? - I ordered a Nano + in early October thinking it would be a month or so to ship - but 5 months? No - I never would have ordered it with that kind of wait time - too much can happen in 5 months - Autel made a big announcement and then they promptly dropped the ball.

lol - I can assure you I'm not a DJI employee - My EVO 2 Pro is what I would consider the best drone in it's class better than any folding drone DJI has out - My point is that if 3rd party vendors are publishing the same shipping date (You can check B&H and others) then shouldn't Autel be out front with this info? - I ordered a Nano + in early October thinking it would be a month or so to ship - but 5 months? No - I never would have ordered it with that kind of wait time - too much can happen in 5 months - Autel made a big announcement and then they promptly dropped the ball.
haha, i know you don't work for dji. but they gather information on the internet just like everyone else. wouldn't it be nice if they could get the accurate launch date directly from autel by sending an email? i bet autel is working daily if not hourly trying to get the product launched.

haha, i know you don't work for dji. but they gather information on the internet just like everyone else. wouldn't it be nice if they could get the accurate launch date directly from autel by sending an email? i bet autel is working daily if not hourly trying to get the product launched.
Then why dont they say so - I have no doubt they're working hard.
Is it really so difficult to put out a public statement explaining the delays? - If Autel would do the right thing then I would cease to doubt their ability to do so.

Then why dont they say so - I have no doubt they're working hard.
Is it really so difficult to put out a public statement explaining the delays? - If Autel would do the right thing then I would cease to doubt their ability to do so.
when your head is down and difficult deadlines are approaching and past, it's easy to miss the important stuff. pretty sure they will come up for air and do the right thing shortly. the competing views are saying something that makes it worse or making even more promises you can't keep....people don't like to say stuff unless they know for sure. "i think...." doesn't usually cut it. but i agree with you, radio silence is not appropriate. hang in there!

I got an answer from the retailer where I have preordered the NANO+ regarding the shipping date.
-> mid to end of November
If this is true, maybe we could get the drone in December.
But I heard other rumors, that especially US-shipping is postponed - due to FAA registration?

I got an answer from the retailer where I have preordered the NANO+ regarding the shipping date.
-> mid to end of November
If this is true, maybe we could get the drone in December.
But I heard other rumors, that especially US-shipping is postponed - due to FAA registration?
i have not heard that rumor although many many products have been held up in customs due to FCC which is almost always never turn out to be actual problem; but i wouldn't be surprised. FCC is easy and straightforward and usually done well in advance of shipping final product but for some reason the bureaucracy never fails and it becomes a hurdle. dji is having major pains trying to deliver on those new mavics especially with shipping. times are challenging and autel might not have it any easier; probably will get worse before it gets better. plan ahead and be patient is the motto for 2022.

Suggestion! If you really want to know when the Nano will ship just look at your Play Store for the Autel Sky App download which is not there yet. Autel will release the app to fly the Nano about a week before they start shipping. The retail dealers know about as much as you do at this point. This is just like the Hubsan Mini roll out which was a disaster for Hubsan. I would research the retailer "VERY CLOSE" as I know of one that is as dishonest as the devil and injects himself in many of these sites to push his company! Just a suggestion

This is just like the Hubsan Mini roll out which was a disaster for Hubsan.
Disaster? They sell it. Maybe Hubsan will obtain burst in sales of their Mini when people realize what the Nano is :)

Official announcement by Autel: "EVO Nano and Lite will be available before Christmas"
thanks for posting; i think many of us read the blog on a daily basis so it's no surprise. however, i would like to say that it's far from official. when you read on a blog that a cabbie or a cousin or an inside source or even the company's general manager told me "xyz" then it's good, very good...but it's not official. if it were official, it would be plastered all over the autelrobotics website. i realize the information is fresh and it might take time to translate and i also understand autel is not the most adept when it comes to communications with the public (especially thru their website) but for the record so we don't get confused later down the road, we all would love to see the new drones before the holidays are over and done but so far it's look really really good but as yet, autel has made no official announcement and has made no promises concerning availability. i searched everywhere and maybe i missed it so please point me in the right direction if necessary.

Reactions: Theborg
thanks for posting; i think many of us read the blog on a daily basis so it's no surprise. however, i would like to say that it's far from official. when you read on a blog that a cabbie or a cousin or an inside source or even the company's general manager told me "xyz" then it's good, very good...but it's not official. if it were official, it would be plastered all over the autelrobotics website. i realize the information is fresh and it might take time to translate and i also understand autel is not the most adept when it comes to communications with the public (especially thru their website) but for the record so we don't get confused later down the road, we all would love to see the new drones before the holidays are over and done but so far it's look really really good but as yet, autel has made no official announcement and has made no promises concerning availability. i searched everywhere and maybe i missed it so please point me in the right direction if necessary.
I think this is better than nothing - If you google Maxwell Lee a Linkedin profile shows up and he's listed as the owner/general manager at Autel - shows he graduated High school in 2017 - I'm guessing that makes him about 20-21 yrs old. I hope that's not the same guy dronedj spoke with....lol.

Dronedj actually quoted the same Maxwell Lee when the old CEO Randall Warnas resigned. Either this Maxwell Lee kid is a prodigy or someone is pulling the wool over our collective eyes. His Linkedin profile looks a little sparse and sketchy - To your point Ken - If it's not coming from Autel you probably take it with a grain of salt.

Just Received this from Autel via email
[Update] Autel EVO Nano & Lite latest News Notification
Autelpilot

Dear Friends,

Thanks for your support and interest in our product! Autel EVO Nano & Lite will be shipped on Nov 20th in our store first, if you have placed a preorder in our store, your order will ship by DHL Express priority.

Nov 20th is our latest news, maybe delay, but anyway, if you have ordered in our store we will keep you in update.

Best Wishes,

www.autelpilot.com

Just Received this from Autel via email
[Update] Autel EVO Nano & Lite latest News Notification
Autelpilot

Dear Friends,

Thanks for your support and interest in our product! Autel EVO Nano & Lite will be shipped on Nov 20th in our store first, if you have placed a preorder in our store, your order will ship by DHL Express priority.

Nov 20th is our latest news, maybe delay, but anyway, if you have ordered in our store we will keep you in update.

Best Wishes,

www.autelpilot.com
I got the same email this morning - good news maybe

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NWSolarGuy