Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

About to buy the Autel Evo...

GarthTheHoser

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm considering the Autel Evo. Had a DJI Mavic Air this year but lost it over a lake in Iceland. Apparently the battery fell out. DJI offered me 30% off a new craft but it was basically a non-offer because they calculate 30% off the original price, not the discounted prices available in their store. Anyway, I've decided not to purchase another DJI after my experience with their customer service.

I have a pre-order in for a Skydio 2 but I'll likely be getting my unit mid-2020.

Been doing research on other options to fly now, and came across the Autel Evo.

Few questions:
1. Is there warranty available for Canadians and if so, do we need to pay for shipping for Autel? I searched this forum but couldn't find a conclusive answer.
2. How is customer support? I emailed them about my warranty question on Sunday and haven't heard back yet.
3. Noticed a few videos with props in the shot. Is this a common issue or only in windy conditions?
4. Do the Evo require the DJI compass calibration dance?
5. How's the build quality of this drone? Heard it's pretty good.
6. Heard the camera lies between a Mavic 1 and Mavic 2 - is that your experience?
7. BHPhoto had a deal a few days ago with the bag + 2 extra batteries for $999. Good deal?

Thanks guys,
G

1. Canada is included in the warranty. I am not sure on the shipping. @Agustine?
2. For some is great, for others, it lacks somewhat. It's a hit or miss.
3. Due to the gimbal camera being a bit to the left, if you have the camera at 90°, you will get the props. Trick is lowering it some 10° to remove them.
4. Yes and no. It may require calibration at some point, but it's not required as much as DJI drones do.
5. This is one of the areas Autel exceeds on. The build quality is superb.
6. It is. I have flown all 3 birds and is a bit short from the Pro, but does exceed the quality of the zoom (without considering the zoom part).
7. It's a good deal. Maybe in black Friday or Cyber Monday you can find a better deal?

1. Is there warranty available for Canadians and if so, do we need to pay for shipping for Autel? I searched this forum but couldn't find a conclusive answer.

As stated by Ansia the warranty is covered in Canada. If for any reason you need to ship it back to Autel they cover the cost to and back. The problem lies in our Canadian duty can sometimes get in the way with having to pay duty fees. I have had 3 batteries replaced and each time got charged between 22-28 dollars depending on the exchange rate at the time of warranty.

I am not sure if Autel ships to Canada but most if not all of their authorized dealers will ship it here. All though I have not dealt with them I have heard Droneworks ships anywhere in the world.

The other option you have is Walmart Canada internet sales have them also so no need to cross the boarder for shipping.

3. Props in the shot. YES! To avoid props you will need to keep your forward speed at 11 mph or less. If you want to fly faster you will need to fly in reverse which is an awkward fix and note there is no rear obstacle avoidance. Yes tilting the gimbal down 10 degrees will eliminate most props but I live in a mountainous area so not an option. Actually I wish the Evo had the ability to point the gimbal higher than 0 degrees. Given the rumors of the Evo 2, no way I would buy and Evo 1 now as support will plummet, ask the X-star owners. Adorama had a great deal on the M2P, wish I would have gone that route.

Reactions: GarthTheHoser

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials