Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The last straw that is close to breaking the camels back

No, I really don't like being dictated to at all. But I can see the sense in making sure that what I fly doesn't end up being a menace to other air users. That's why I choose to abide by the common-sense restrictions like maximum AGL, staying completely clear of anything that is a registered red Geozone and making sure that any local ATC knows three days in advance that I want to fly in a locked blue zone, so they can okay the flight beforehand.

I am supposed to live in a democracy, where everyone has the right to choose: so I just choose NOT to break the rules every time I fly out in free air. An Autel drone has the capability (at the moment) to climb as high as the upper limit set in the app: which at present is (theoretically) 800 metres. I wouldn't know for sure - because I haven't been irresponsible enough to try it.
thanks so much Felix the cat

Reactions: Felix the Cat
i have exact same issue, i cant unrestrict DJI as its latest firmware is unhackable for now. which made me consider AUtel but now you are saying that Autel has geo fencing drama as well so which drone to buy now? which other brands are left out there?
Have you ever considered a FPV drone? More difficult to control and handle, more skills needed. But on the bright side - you fly how and where you wish. I am not talking about DJI FPV drone, but about real one.

I have a new Nano+. I do not have it off the ground. I turned in a ticket Aug 13 and it is now Sep 3 and support in China is working it. The flight app will not install on my android and they claim it should be compatible. I am threatening to send it back for a refund. I have an Android V9, Samsung phone, Galaxy J7V. Anyone with similar troubles or solutions. I have plenty of space on the phone with my SIM card. Thanks for any input, T.

I have a new Nano+. I do not have it off the ground. I turned in a ticket Aug 13 and it is now Sep 3 and support in China is working it. The flight app will not install on my android and they claim it should be compatible. I am threatening to send it back for a refund. I have an Android V9, Samsung phone, Galaxy J7V. Anyone with similar troubles or solutions. I have plenty of space on the phone with my SIM card. Thanks for any input, T.
Any recommendation on an Android pad to get around the phone problem or will I just repeat failure? T

I totally appreciate your desire to be law abiding. But your purchase of another drone without geofencing doesn't really equate with being law abiding
It must be nice to live in a country where the dji geofencing and NFZ actually reflects the country's restrictions, often the are missing or incorrect.

Sorry for the late reply, this is the first time I've noticed this message. Are you trying to download the app from the Google store? Originally, I used an Android device and the SKY app just didn't appear on the Google Play site. If you search for the Autel Robotics main site with the browser on your device, then go to the downloads section: you get the option to download the SKY app directly from there. I had to do this myself. Once it's in your 'downloads' folder: click on it and install it to the Android device. This was the round-about path I had to take because Google Play seems not to like a hell of a lot of apps because they don't conform to "their standards".

Sorry for the late reply, this is the first time I've noticed this message. Are you trying to download the app from the Google store? Originally, I used an Android device and the SKY app just didn't appear on the Google Play site. If you search for the Autel Robotics main site with the browser on your device, then go to the downloads section: you get the option to download the SKY app directly from there. I had to do this myself. Once it's in your 'downloads' folder: click on it and install it to the Android device. This was the round-about path I had to take because Google Play seems not to like a hell of a lot of apps because they don't conform to "their standards".
Breaking news - I did not have a compatible Android version and turned in multiple tickets. I returned the drone for a full refund. I did get it out of google plan. I did buy a tello for fun and are looking at the skydio 2+.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles