Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

When will the Nano / Nano + begin shipping?

Just Received this from Autel via email
[Update] Autel EVO Nano & Lite latest News Notification
Autelpilot

Dear Friends,

Thanks for your support and interest in our product! Autel EVO Nano & Lite will be shipped on Nov 20th in our store first, if you have placed a preorder in our store, your order will ship by DHL Express priority.

Nov 20th is our latest news, maybe delay, but anyway, if you have ordered in our store we will keep you in update.

Best Wishes,

www.autelpilot.com
We should keep in mind that Autel Pilot is a separate company from Autel - this may be a marketing ploy to generate more pre-orders. I'd be happy if it's true. We'll just have to wait and see. If anyone here gets tracking numbers or shipping confirmation they should let us know.

Hi guys
in Europe Autel is unfortunately not really represented yet - very sad!
Do you know a reputable store that delivers to Germany?

At Aliexpress there are actually two Autel stores and I don't know if one of them is an official one. Both also have different prices.
Autel Robotics Official Store and Autel Robotics Global Store.

Maybe someone else knows trustworthy stores, as I would be very interested in the Nano+.

Hi guys

At Aliexpress there are actually two Autel stores and I don't know if one of them is an official one. Both also have different prices.

Maybe someone else knows trustworthy stores, as I would be very interested in the Nano+.
Well, take into consideration the warranty if you need it for anything as the shipping cost sometimes cost as much as the drone. I would suggest to send Autel an email and inquire from them for the safest way to pick a retailer as some are not very trustworthy as you may have learned by some of their ads!

Anyone have any more up to date info on ship dates?
I see the Nano+ bundle is going for $949 until the 28th. What is the regular price?

Hi guys

It looks like autelpilot.com ships worldwide for free. At least at the time of this writing.

It's supposed to be a laughing emoji. Did it not display properly for you? Xenforo can be a bit rubbish sometimes.

In two days it will be December. If Autel has not yet announced when the delivery date is, it will not be delivered this year.
In order to be available in time in the US, the products should already be on their way. If that were the case, Autel would have communicated that already. I find it sad that Autel is not communicating openly.

In two days it will be December. If Autel has not yet announced when the delivery date is, it will not be delivered this year.
In order to be available in time in the US, the products should already be on their way. If that were the case, Autel would have communicated that already. I find it sad that Autel is not communicating openly.
Maxwell Lee - Autel Robotics 21yr old General Manager said that production is under way and they would ship in December 2021 - I agree their communication has been sparse. Despite what a lot of folks say the company is run out of China full stop. They do have an office here in the states but I dont think anyone here in the states calls the shots. I've lost a lot of faith in Autel around this issue and their lack of comms. Hopefully the wait for these new drones will be worth it - right now Autels reputation is taking a beating on this subject. This is not the way a good company operates. I dont take their press releases seriously - and frankly I don't think they take their customers seriously.

Maxwell Lee - Autel Robotics 21yr old General Manager said that production is under way and they would ship in December 2021 - I agree their communication has been sparse. Despite what a lot of folks say the company is run out of China full stop. They do have an office here in the states but I dont think anyone here in the states calls the shots. I've lost a lot of faith in Autel around this issue and their lack of comms. Hopefully the wait for these new drones will be worth it - right now Autels reputation is taking a beating on this subject. This is not the way a good company operates. I dont take their press releases seriously - and frankly I don't think they take their customers seriously.
It's hard to argue against anything you said here. Autel has not been transparent with their loyal customers which is so frustrating.

I have to wonder if it's like you said; they are a Chinese company with a different mindset about how customers should be advised and treated. Perhaps their philosophy is to not say anything more until they have something good to say. If so I hope that's soon.

I will say it looks like DJI rushed their new Mavic 3 to market too soon. Obviously they wanted the holiday business but from what I'm seeing; it really wasn't ready for prime time yet. The software will take 2 more months to develop and that will probably be the beginning of the updates as more bugs are found by the test subject; the DJI customers.

Maybe Autel is trying to not make the same mistakes by releasing these two new small form factor drones too soon. A lot is riding on the Nano and Nano+ being solid dependable drones for both the average hobbyist and the more advanced professional with the Nano+.

I do wish the Autel drone platform was more embraced by the surveying and mapping world with the main software makers including in their products. Maybe when Autel decides to switch to a global shutter instead of the rolling shutter it will be.

It's hard to argue against anything you said here. Autel has not been transparent with their loyal customers which is so frustrating.

I have to wonder if it's like you said; they are a Chinese company with a different mindset about how customers should be advised and treated. Perhaps their philosophy is to not say anything more until they have something good to say. If so I hope that's soon.

I will say it looks like DJI rushed their new Mavic 3 to market too soon. Obviously they wanted the holiday business but from what I'm seeing; it really wasn't ready for prime time yet. The software will take 2 more months to develop and that will probably be the beginning of the updates as more bugs are found by the test subject; the DJI customers.

Maybe Autel is trying to not make the same mistakes by releasing these two new small form factor drones too soon. A lot is riding on the Nano and Nano+ being solid dependable drones for both the average hobbyist and the more advanced professional with the Nano+.

I do wish the Autel drone platform was more embraced by the surveying and mapping world with the main software makers including in their products. Maybe when Autel decides to switch to a global shutter instead of the rolling shutter it will be.
Yes - I think it's bad business to have their distributors accept pre-orders when you don't have a plan to ship anytime in the near future. What's worse is that Autel is officially silent on their website (The statement from the GM is helpful but it's not enough) To me Autel is now just another Chinese company that will treat it's customers the same in the US/Europe as they do back home. I think it's really that simple.

The bottom line is that different cultures/countries have different expectations on what proper product delivery is - I've experienced this myself years ago while working with Japanese companies in Tokyo. My firm made similar mistakes with product delivery to our Japanese client base. Until I got on the ground in Tokyo I had no idea how wrong our approach was - Perfection was the expectation and the norm - We learned very quickly we needed a complete change in order to be able to deliver properly to that set of clients, and we did.

I hope Autel will learn their lesson and do things the right way here in the US/Europe going forward.

Reactions: Eagle928
I have received info from Autel that there will be info on the Nano models in mid-December.
I had to laugh at the way you worded that. Info about info to come in mid Dec.

Reminds me of a telegraph or snail mail for some reason. The info is sent and will eventually get to the recipient.

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
remember the days when a "launch" was not a thing and you had no idea when a new product hit the market. all you knew was when you first saw it in the local shop or in the catalog which basically means when your retailer got around to getting one, ordering one, or listing it. product could have been out for weeks, months, or maybe a year or longer and you would never know because you only found value in the quality and performance. there was no such thing as "could you check in the back...." if it's not on the shelf, you didn't get one.

i get it, it's 2021, and times have changed. but i think too much emphasis is being misplaced and the "launch" has overdone it's job with setting expectations. originally designed to suck you in and get you excited to buy the next best thing, it has turn into, and i mean this in a nice way, the consumer butting into processes they have no business sticking their nose into largely because they have no skin in the game. if the autels never launches or flops the launch and don't get it right, i lose exactly $0. again, i realize it is the 21th century and there's an internet, there's beta testers, there's pre-ordering, and the "launch party" and the subsequent announcement is real and provides tremendous value to the company and speaks alot about the product. so i guess, there's that.

remember the days when a "launch" was not a thing and you had no idea when a new product hit the market. all you knew was when you first saw it in the local shop or in the catalog which basically means when your retailer got around to getting one, ordering one, or listing it. product could have been out for weeks, months, or maybe a year or longer and you would never know because you only found value in the quality and performance. there was no such thing as "could you check in the back...." if it's not on the shelf, you didn't get one.

i get it, it's 2021, and times have changed. but i think too much emphasis is being misplaced and the "launch" has overdone it's job with setting expectations. originally designed to suck you in and get you excited to buy the next best thing, it has turn into, and i mean this in a nice way, the consumer butting into processes they have no business sticking their nose into largely because they have no skin in the game. if the autels never launches or flops the launch and don't get it right, i lose exactly $0. again, i realize it is the 21th century and there's an internet, there's beta testers, there's pre-ordering, and the "launch party" and the subsequent announcement is real and provides tremendous value to the company and speaks alot about the product. so i guess, there's that.
Well, at least one product type advertises and reveals the next years model. Cars. Fashion products too.

It is interesting how vested we get in our drones and new models coming out. Remember the old tv commercial of women pushing their nose up against the glass doors of a Mervyns Store chanting Open, Open, Open. We are kinda like that. Release the hounds Autel!

Last edited:
Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
I've been keeping in close contact with Autopilot.com asking them when I should expect my EVO NANO+ and this is the email I received yesterday (Wednesday):

"Hi there,
Thank you for contacting us,if you are not in a hurry,would you mind wait for a while?it will be available and shipped soon.Once we are getting your order to be shipped I will send you an notification, don't worry we will keep you in update, thanks."

Not encouraging to be quite honest.

Last edited:
Well after seeing what DJI and their customers who bought the half-baked M3 are going through; I don't have a problem with waiting for the new Autel drones to be fully ready rather than released before they are fully baked.

Their big mistake was making the announcement without giving a firm date of release. Their marketing department and whomever makes these decisions are not the best.

Well after seeing what DJI and their customers who bought the half-baked M3 are going through; I don't have a problem with waiting for the new Autel drones to be fully ready rather than released before they are fully baked.

Their big mistake was making the announcement without giving a firm date of release. Their marketing department and whomever makes these decisions are not the best.
I actually have the Mavic 3 and have logged over 40 hours of flight. No issues yet. Seems like the popular items tend to have the higher instances of issues reports on forums and youtube but it's expected as the % of products with issues increases as the number of units are sold. I personally have had no issues and love the Mavic 3. But I am also excited about the EVO NANO+. I suspect all of the specs will match or even rival the upcoming Mini 3 - whenever that is going to be.

I actually have the Mavic 3 and have logged over 40 hours of flight. No issues yet. Seems like the popular items tend to have the higher instances of issues reports on forums and youtube but it's expected as the % of products with issues increases as the number of units are sold. I personally have had no issues and love the Mavic 3. But I am also excited about the EVO NANO+. I suspect all of the specs will match or even rival the upcoming Mini 3 - whenever that is going to be.
What I've been able to glean from the M3 buyers is the Cine version is a waste of money unless ProRes is absolutely needed for their particular project and then it takes forever to download from the drone that must be powered up to do so using up a battery cycle.

I suspect there's a bad batch of some parts like the GPS module and IMU causing flyaways and horizon issues.These issues could be a quality control issue on the manufacturers that made these for DJI

At $3K one expects a better product. Then there's the majority who have had none of these hardware issues but do wish the software/firmware had been ready at the release date.

Lastly this thing with the RC Pro (version 2 of the smart controller). It's all over the place on what it's compatible with. Then DJI says it will sell a bundle which includes the new SC and will give previous buyer a "credit" in their store for future purchases rather than a discount on the SC or a refund of the difference if they buy the SC when this bundle is released.

Common thinking is they are simply not available due to supply chain issues which is entirely possible. They do need to make this new SC as compatible with as many previous drones as possible. Probably all those with Occusync.

The M3 nor DJI was ready for prime time with this new drone. Things will work out but it is frustrating for many people. It's easy to forget how high tech these birds have become which means more things that can go wrong until the bugs are worked out. Autel went through the same thing with the E2 for the first year so it's not only DJI. Hubsan too is doing this thing with the customers being their Alpha and Beta testers.

Reactions: aebiv

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Kelly