Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo Enterprise: support seriously lacking (UPDATED)

goldenu2

Reaction score
I've been flying this thing for over two weeks ago and in general I like it a lot. The same cannot be said for Autel support, however.

Week 1: controller crashing when trying to download map on mission resume: I filed a ticket, uploaded requested logs, and have heard nothing for two weeks.
Week 2: RTK won't stay connected to anything: I filed ticket with video of issue: a week later and have heard nothing.
Yesterday: I emailed asking about status. Agent said he'd look into it: never contacted me back.

I bought this for my company based in part on the reports I heard of excellent customer service: this is absolutely not the case. I have two weeks left that I can return the drone and I'm very close to doing so: zero communication on a $5k purchase is ********.

Week 1:
For the mission resuming issue i suggest to split the mission in multiple chunks each one in separate kml file. For each one the time should not be no longer than ~12min (calculated by app, the drone will flying at least 18min real time depending on shape of the mission [longest front lines are more efficient, less time and battery wasted on stops when turning).
100m AGL; 70/70 overlap; 18 mph speed; single grid road corridor mapping. This settings allows me to safely map 35acre durring single flight.

Week 2:
Can you write some more details or paste the ticket with video that you send to Autel?

Great hardware, crawling software, no comment about the support (live in Europe, don't even know if it exists... 😅) maybe Blade Strike saves Autel again from losing a customer.

This has been mentioned as an underlying issue as Autel seeks to grow into true Enterprise / Government provider. Enterprise is not a hardware spec. It's the providers overall infrastructure of support, sales and services, combined with world class hardware, and Autel isn't there yet. To be fair, no drone company is. This is early days. To liken it to the automobile industry, this would be analogous to the 1920's. We have a large number of companies entering the space, with products, performance, rules, and end user's all over the spectrum. Like that industry, there is a bit of a wild west scenario taking place, all shaking out winners and losers; rules being developed; some with great foresight, others more reactionary. I am vested in Autel's success as it means better everything, for Hobbyists to Government Contractors. As long as Autel doesn't borrow from Peter to pay Paul. Don't take resources from the enthusiasts to provide them to Enterprise customers is what I am saying. Growing a company is not just about selling more/more profit. That's the result, but shouldn't be the process. It's hard to grow unless you know how to build it out like a tower of cards, putting support in all the weak areas as called for. Not easy and the bigger it gets the more agile you must be constantly sticking resources (cards) under the structure to build it up and out!
Okay, I'm done empire building, lol.

I can sympathize 😮. I have opened 10 tickets since late August on a V2 E2P. I also just received the V2 Smart Controller I pre-ordered, I think it was... around the same
dawn of civilization? A WHILE ago, in any event. But yes, TEN support cases. Of those 2 have gotten past the "here's a case number, someone will contact you" stage. Of the 2 that actually got a support person's engagement, I got no resolution. It's not encouraging. I also want to know where the "Top Support" is I've heard about. Seriously. I'm not looking for someone to respond to my every concern. But a response of any type is a fairly low bar to reach. I couldn't resolve an issue buying Autel Care (my first issue) and over a weeks time I got little to no help. PURCHASING something. Thats not promising. Individual scenarios aren't the same as a pattern or seeing the same thing over a larger sample size. None of my issues were catastrophic failures, I admit. I would hope that stuff gets appropriate attention. Then again, I would hate to find out it's lacking if I was in that situation. Bad time to find out the lifeboat doesn't float. Or have oars.
I hope you find a good point of contact in Sutel that will take care of you when required. Sometimes the Reseller can mitigate issues, or connect you either with help. Advexure consistently goes above and beyond. All of the high praise you see in these discussions is warranted, even if it seems too good to be true. They can't turn water into wine, but the water is clear, cold and served in a proper glass.
Best of luck, and hoping you find what you need to succeed.

Sometimes the Reseller can mitigate issues, or connect you either with help. Advexure consistently goes above and beyond. All of the high praise you see in these discussions is warranted, even if it seems too good to be true. They can't turn water into wine, but the water is clear, cold and served in a proper glass.
Thanks for the mention and positive remarks, @BlairAir. Well said and you make some great points. Here's to hoping Autel can continue to improve on their overall offering, while also leveraging existing, mature market players to enhance the overall experience. Safe flying...

Reactions: G_G and Martyc6
This has been mentioned as an underlying issue as Autel seeks to grow into true Enterprise / Government provider. Enterprise is not a hardware spec. It's the providers overall infrastructure of support, sales and services, combined with world class hardware, and Autel isn't there yet. To be fair, no drone company is. This is early days. To liken it to the automobile industry, this would be analogous to the 1920's. We have a large number of companies entering the space, with products, performance, rules, and end user's all over the spectrum. Like that industry, there is a bit of a wild west scenario taking place, all shaking out winners and losers; rules being developed; some with great foresight, others more reactionary. I am vested in Autel's success as it means better everything, for Hobbyists to Government Contractors. As long as Autel doesn't borrow from Peter to pay Paul. Don't take resources from the enthusiasts to provide them to Enterprise customers is what I am saying. Growing a company is not just about selling more/more profit. That's the result, but shouldn't be the process. It's hard to grow unless you know how to build it out like a tower of cards, putting support in all the weak areas as called for. Not easy and the bigger it gets the more agile you must be constantly sticking resources (cards) under the structure to build it up and out!
Okay, I'm done empire building, lol.

I can sympathize 😮. I have opened 10 tickets since late August on a V2 E2P. I also just received the V2 Smart Controller I pre-ordered, I think it was... around the same
dawn of civilization? A WHILE ago, in any event. But yes, TEN support cases. Of those 2 have gotten past the "here's a case number, someone will contact you" stage. Of the 2 that actually got a support person's engagement, I got no resolution. It's not encouraging. I also want to know where the "Top Support" is I've heard about. Seriously. I'm not looking for someone to respond to my every concern. But a response of any type is a fairly low bar to reach. I couldn't resolve an issue buying Autel Care (my first issue) and over a weeks time I got little to no help. PURCHASING something. Thats not promising. Individual scenarios aren't the same as a pattern or seeing the same thing over a larger sample size. None of my issues were catastrophic failures, I admit. I would hope that stuff gets appropriate attention. Then again, I would hate to find out it's lacking if I was in that situation. Bad time to find out the lifeboat doesn't float. Or have oars.
I hope you find a good point of contact in Sutel that will take care of you when required. Sometimes the Reseller can mitigate issues, or connect you either with help. Advexure consistently goes above and beyond. All of the high praise you see in these discussions is warranted, even if it seems too good to be true. They can't turn water into wine, but the water is clear, cold and served in a proper glass.
I get it, but I have work to do and I'm out of patience for Autel's incompetence and refusal to even communicate with customers. I've emailed Advexure to return the drone.

I get it, but I have work to do and I'm out of patience for Autel's incompetence and refusal to even communicate with customers. I've emailed Advexure to return the drone.
We are sorry to hear this but are standing by to assist you in finding a solution in terms of a return, exchange or having our fleet support team work with you on getting to the bottom of the issues you are running into both with RTK and running missions.

Reactions: G_G and goldenu2
We are sorry to hear this but are standing by to assist you in finding a solution in terms of a return, exchange or having our fleet support team work with you on getting to the bottom of the issues you are running into both with RTK and running missions.
Let me point out again the *outstanding* support I've received from Advexure at every stage of locating, purchasing, and supporting this drone.

• Love
Reactions: advexure and G_G
UPDATE ON ISSUE: I have been contacted by other staff in Autel's support organization, and they seem to be making an honest effort to work this all out. As an honest effort is all I ask, I've decided to retain the drone and try to get through all of this.

Reactions: Dave Pitman

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy