Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo II Pro falling from the skies?!!!??

Just following up since my critical battery issue. After reinstalling my firmware and keeping it off wifi my drone has worked perfect other than my gimal freezing at 17 degrees.

Reactions: yiyunet
$219 for a battery pack and you'd think it you were buying premium quality. So rare to find quality these days. I use to do risky things with out care when I first got my drone. I bought a dji mini 2 for having fun and the autel is for serious work and no more taking risk. Especially never going over water.
It's like dating a girlfriend that cheated on you way back when the relationship wasn't serious, but now it is. Once a cheater always a cheater.

UPDATE...
I did a flight today with a battery that had a bad cell and it forced landed at 92% about 2/3 of a mile away from me. Praise God I found! It was just sitting there as I pulled up to its location. Now I'm 2 batteries down and have to buy more. 😳

I have updated my app software to the latest firmware addition, all batteries have been updated to the latest firmware, and yet I still have at least three of my 16 batteries (yes I have 16 because I have a fairly large fleet for a hobbyist) that despite having less than 20 charge cycles on them and iCan and have recently re-confirmed that each cell is within 0.01 V or less of each other and that temperatures both ambient and battery are well under manufacturer, limitation, conditions are ideal, etc., etc., that I will be mid flight with these batteries and they will literally go from 95% and normal voltages between all three cells do under 10% within 5 to 8 seconds! Thus the auto emergency landing cycle immediately engages no matter what I do and it is already cost me the price of a gimbal repair and replacement of four propellers (I consider that a cheap experience, considering it could’ve been worse such as the loss of my last Evo two Pro that’s still sits at the bottom of a michigan lake).

Fortunately, I have saved all of these flights, and they’re specific data sets to “air data“ application. And it will confirm that all environmental, battery, firmware conditions were nominal at time of critical failures. These are all new batteries, directly, manufactured and purchased from Autel certified dealers with the maximum number of recharge cycles being 30 or less. And in fact, most of them are under 20 cycles. and yes it goes without saying that the batteries are stored with 50% storage voltage if not used and I have it set for six day auto discharge. (I wish I could say I was a newbie, but I’m not).

I support Autel, and though I still own some of the latest and older DJI equipment, and an older Parrot or two drones, I’ve been playing around with this hobby, for at least a dozen years.

But I still remain at a loss. I do know that the one member bladestrike on this forum has been very helpful previously but I have not seen him comment on this subject in a while. Maybe he feels he has commented all that he should/can? But there still remains a problem and I am absolutely certain it is an issue with either firmware to battery management system, and/or a manufacturing problem and software management between the cells of the battery. Or both. I don’t believe my particular issue is user error. Believe me I’ve made many user error bonehead maneuvers over the years and if this was one of them I wouldn’t be posting this. It’s just not. But , I see many posts of similar issue and frankly, I just can’t imagine this being anything else, but a manufacturer/firmware/software problem.

I thank you all for reading!

I have updated my app software to the latest firmware addition, all batteries have been updated to the latest firmware, and yet I still have at least three of my 16 batteries (yes I have 16 because I have a fairly large fleet for a hobbyist) that despite having less than 20 charge cycles on them and iCan and have recently re-confirmed that each cell is within 0.01 V or less of each other and that temperatures both ambient and battery are well under manufacturer, limitation, conditions are ideal, etc., etc., that I will be mid flight with these batteries and they will literally go from 95% and normal voltages between all three cells do under 10% within 5 to 8 seconds! Thus the auto emergency landing cycle immediately engages no matter what I do and it is already cost me the price of a gimbal repair and replacement of four propellers (I consider that a cheap experience, considering it could’ve been worse such as the loss of my last Evo two Pro that’s still sits at the bottom of a michigan lake).

Fortunately, I have saved all of these flights, and they’re specific data sets to “air data“ application. And it will confirm that all environmental, battery, firmware conditions were nominal at time of critical failures. These are all new batteries, directly, manufactured and purchased from Autel certified dealers with the maximum number of recharge cycles being 30 or less. And in fact, most of them are under 20 cycles. and yes it goes without saying that the batteries are stored with 50% storage voltage if not used and I have it set for six day auto discharge. (I wish I could say I was a newbie, but I’m not).

I support Autel, and though I still own some of the latest and older DJI equipment, and an older Parrot or two drones, I’ve been playing around with this hobby, for at least a dozen years.

But I still remain at a loss. I do know that the one member bladestrike on this forum has been very helpful previously but I have not seen him comment on this subject in a while. Maybe he feels he has commented all that he should/can? But there still remains a problem and I am absolutely certain it is an issue with either firmware to battery management system, and/or a manufacturing problem and software management between the cells of the battery. Or both. I don’t believe my particular issue is user error. Believe me I’ve made many user error bonehead maneuvers over the years and if this was one of them I wouldn’t be posting this. It’s just not. But , I see many posts of similar issue and frankly, I just can’t imagine this being anything else, but a manufacturer/firmware/software problem.

I thank you all for reading!
FYI, I believe Bladestrike is Ken Booth from Autel.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy