Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Has anyone had problems getting Autel Robotics support to reply to their request for help?

All -

Our support is really going through tough times right now. It's no excuse, I understand this. Please understand the best way right now is email. They are about a week to two week behind. If this is something none hardware related and if I can help remotely, please hit me up.
Hiya. Just been reading through this and a range of other related threads. I really wish I had ploughed through them before I took the plunge and bought Autel. If I had: I would have given the Nano+ at least 18 months head-start before I purchased one... but if I had, I now get the strong feeling that it would then be classed as obsolete and no longer supported.

What really saddens me is Autel Robotics' lack of commitment to two things. The presentation of an OOB (Out Of the Box) finished product to the customer: not just the promise of completion at some fuzzy date in the future and just as importantly, the genuinely slap-dash customer care, something that astonishes me when it is highlighted in the USA as this region has always been held up as the Golden Shining Light for purchasers of products having their status as customers treated with respect, promptness and diligence. Especially here in the U.K. we have a tendency to expect to be treated like cash-cows and fobbed-off with second rate service after we have parted with the old hard-earned, but even here we have the catch-net of consumer law to support the general public.

These "tough times" you speak of seem to have been going on for quite some time now, and I'm cynical enough to expect to read the phrase "...victims of our own success..." at some point, which would be a real slap in the face to people who have dropped a substantial wad of their cash into the Autel Robotics bank account. I truthfully thought that Autel Robotics and their EVO line of drones would provide the best alternative to the DJI models, which while technically excellent, have many and increasing shortcomings which are progressively driving more and more of their "loyal" customers towards other manufacturers.

If all the people who bought drones were wealthy chuck-it-in-the-air hobbyists, you might expect a manufacturer to gear the quality of their product towards the inevitable throw-away mentality of that kind of client, but a great deal of people who use Autel drones (and DJI... and Yuneec) buy them to use as professional quality imaging tools - a high resolution camera on a flying tripod, or a flying steadicam rig. Drones are the future for many applications and professional use of them is not exclusively geared towards the hideously expensive "Enterprise" models. With the Nano+, I didn't buy a toy: I bought a tool that I knew would perfectly fit the purpose I needed it for. It was bought on the strength of the camera specs and the sub-250 gram form factor.

Much as I truly detest the DJI "experience": I have a great respect for the reliability and longevity of the drones they produce, I just have neither wish nor desire to purchase another one. I want to be able to say the same for the quality and finish of Autel robotics products - especially the sub-250 gram Nano+, which in my experience has the bare bones of a truly outstanding camera attached to it... that is still in an unfinished state.

Lack of commitment to perfecting their current models sells the potential of this technology short, but it also sells the customer short as well. Lack of proper customer support only highlights the quality and reliability shortcomings. Autel is constantly shooting itself in the foot every time customer support fumbles the ball.

Last edited:
Lies after lies trying to cover-up your
Autel's stupidity and incompetence !

The question is, how much time we need to give Autel Customers Service knowing they are fooled and betrayed us.
A. 3 Months
B. 6 Months
C. 9 Months
D A year
or
E. A year and a half or maybe 2 years by now and Goofing?

Not once have they said " Do not worry about your warranty as we will extend it with a " Smile " and a apology for unforgivable
customers support and customers should not be forced to pay for
any repair caused by Autel's stupidity and incompetence !

Firmware uploads that does not verify the host hardware before any software installation.

What a Mess they created, and now a cover-up !
You decide.

**--** In the mean time I have migrated to DJI's Flagship Air 2 S, a little " Beast "
Quality, sharpness and clarity is second best after Autel's Flagship EVO 2 Pro 6K.
It has a good camera but the promise of completion
at some fuzzy date in the future, full of jerky camera movements causing it not to be good enough for smoother video !

Not yet finished firmware for Autel EVO2 Pro 6K

While flying we the drone pilot are wearing 20 different hats and when the battery warning came up " RTH " it gave me ample
time to hit cancel RTH.
I was calm and no cause for panic.
* * With Autel it would suddenly shoot to wards the trees, I could not catch the very short warning notice !

Attachments

• 301361133_5840610975963670_4476182991090590043_n.jpg
    301361133_5840610975963670_4476182991090590043_n.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Shame on you.jpg
    Shame on you.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Not sure what ever happened to this rule. When I moderated on here I would never had let this go so far. Its fine to vent but if your hoping someone from Autel will do anything about your post you are wasting your time. They could care less. They have your money and have shut the door on you guys.
Time to move on.

Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This community is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

I have had a couple of issues with my Evo 2 Pro. I have emailed Autel support and received an Automated reply that they would respond in 48 hours. Sure enough I had a response and have had a shipping label sent.
UPS are currently cocking up the delivery to Germany from England, but after a few complaint emails to UPS, it is now on its way to Autel Germany.

So far, nothing to complain about with Autel, at least.

Reactions: trontar
I'm in the US. I've had some problems with my Evo 2P this past summer. On the occasions I've contacted Autel they have provided repair service for me....knock wood.

Last edited:
Same here, I emailed every channel of theirs and got one response. I sent them the video and then nothing, radio silence. Their support is terrible, Dji support outshines them by far.
I have had problems with the autel explorer software either crashing or not opening. They responded quickly and have been very attentive, though to date not solved they have contacted at least twice a day with suggested solutions, which are slowly improving the situation. I understand (from elsewhere (not from Autel) that the problem relates to updates of Android with Autel having to modify their software to deal with the android updates.

Reactions: Autelpilotsnumpty
I have had problems with the autel explorer software either crashing or not opening. They responded quickly and have been very attentive, though to date not solved they have contacted at least twice a day with suggested solutions, which are slowly improving the situation. I understand (from elsewhere (not from Autel) that the problem relates to updates of Android with Autel having to modify their software to deal with the android updates.
That sounds right. I was using Android until I started having multiple issues, and have now moved to an iPad, and so far things have been less of an issue.
That said, I was having issues with Timelapse’s which crashed Autel explorer in iOS and android.
My Evo 2 Pro V1 is currently with Autel Germany, they have had it since the 13th, so am waiting for an answer to what is going to happen with it.
Still cannot understand why it took UPS 13 days to deliver it from England to Germany.
If I ever have another issue, and need to give it to Autel, I’ll drive it there myself.

There is a big disconnect between Autel and its loyal customers who basically made the company. Based on this recurring theme, I would not expect much from them. They are not going to add or fix any deficiencies in the Pro line except maybe V3. I have a V1 Pro 6 K currently
This is what Autel announced

While we’re excited about this new evolution, we know that users worldwide have come to know and love their V1 and V2 models. We want everybody to know that we remain committed to you. While production of older versions has ended, sales and maintenance support will be available through these dates:

EVO II V1 Series: May 2023

EVO II V2 Series: October 2024

Maybe I am just lucky or don't have a chip on my shoulder when contacting Autel support, but I have had several problems with my Autel drones and in each case, there has been a human initiated response to resolve the problem within two days and in each case the problem was solved either by sending the drone back for repair / replacement or recommending a solution to the problem.

Maybe I am just lucky or don't have a chip on my shoulder when contacting Autel support, but I have had several problems with my Autel drones and in each case, there has been a human initiated response to resolve the problem within two days and in each case the problem was solved either by sending the drone back for repair / replacement or recommending a solution to the problem.
same for me over the last 2 plus years

Greetings, I am still waiting for Autel to return both my EVO 2 Pro 6K back for faulty firmware that messed things up. I even payed Autel $220 and still don't have both my Autel EVO 2 Pro 6K back after months. One newer battery died pre maturely and had sent the B & H Invoice but no word from them.
Do you think I will Stab myself again with Autel ?
The DJI keeps offering newer better firmware without even asking.
The DJI Air 2 S is indeed a little " Beast "
The DJI Mavic 3 Classic indeed " Classic "

I wrote numerous messages to their CEO, Head Office in China
What a waste of my time ! !
Autel robbed me of $4220 of my retirement SS money, A Rip off ! !
Plus I recently sent them yet another $220, for what, only God knows the truth !

Last edited:
Reactions: Ungava
When I read this topic... I also have similar experience. I like Autel brand. In EU I am from the beginning of sale EVO II V1 here. I helped a lot to promote Autel EVO II here. I know all issues of EVO II and Nano Plus but I turned a blind eye for that still having hope and flying.
But one day i said stop because users blamed me for recommending Autel drones and they had big problems with them, especially with software, unfinished or wrong working functions, and service reaction. No quick support, waiting 3 months for returns from service...After telling the truth I was banned on Autel groups. So if it work like this..I said no more. Now I have dji Mavic 3 and all of my problems fly away.
Still have Nano Plus and EVO II but I am not flying these aircrafts anymore. They are in a bag in the basement and I am flying with Mavic 3.

Wish Autel all the best but take care of users more in EU and finish your products.

Last edited:
Two weeks ago, I emailed Autel Robotics tech support about my water damaged EVO II. I got the automated reply that said a support representative would be contacting me soon. I didn't hear anything so after about 4 days I sent another email. Still nothing. After 10 days, I sent yet another email, still nothing. Now it's been two weeks and I have sent them a fourth email and I'm not hold my breath waiting for a reply. Is this normal? It's frustrating as hell.

This has not been my experience in the past. Maybe they gave up on giving support to their customers, IDK. I have been a loyal customer from the beginning and have purchased 3 X-Start Premiums, 3 EVO Is and 3 EVO IIs over the past two and a half years. The lack of communication from support make me want to switch to DJI and if I don't hear from them soon, I will.
This issue started nearly 2 years ago and has not changed. I don't see any signs of it changing. Autel made a big mistake opening a US office the size of a postage stamp to try and fool the public and pretend Autel drones were an American product. It aint. 100% Chinese. If you don't like that point, you don't have to buy it. The US market is very large and to put a couple people in the NW to service the entire country is a joke. Don't know why they can't follow the DJI model, which is obviously working very well. The low point for me was receiving an email from them indicating my 20 month old EVO 2 PRO V1 is at end-of-life and will no longer being supported, and those who bought a V2, just in the last 3 months, your drone now has an end-of-life date as well. THEN, they send out another email with a discount price on the V2 expecting the dumb public to dump hard earned money on a drone that has a published EOL date. Are you kidding? They're also dumping the Nano on the market as the Mini 3 Pro hammers their sales. There are many upgrades to the EVO 2 PRO firmware that I would have expected in the past 18 months but ... no. So, after buying 9 DJI products and 1 Autel product in the past 5 years, that number will soon be 10 for DJI. I'll remain on this thread for the foreseeable future, but Autel has received the last buck from me.

I have had to contact (via email) Autel tech support several times for issues with my Nano+ and they have always responded within two days. They have either helped me through the problem or quickly repaired and returned the drone.

I am based in the UK and have had an issue with my Evo 2 Pro V1 from dodgy firmware. They fixed the issue free of charge and sent it back to me. The only problem was UPS delayed the postage to Germany, and from Germany by over a month. I totally missed all of the autumn colours in Scotland. Bit of a pain. I think my next purchase will most likely be a DJI. Having had a couple of DJI Mavic 2’s in the past I can safely say that they fly very very well in comparison to my Autel, but I really love the Autels camera, which sadly is the only thing that’s currently going for it. With a massive amount of spare parts that you can buy for the DJI, it seems to me that my v1 will be up for sale soon.

Last edited:
Same here I'll be getting rid of my two Autel EVO 2 Pro 6K just as soon as I get them back but its already 7 to 8 months they have failed miserably to fix the firmware.

I am very happy with my DJI Mavic 3 as well as DJI Air 2 S a little " Beast "
Every few days I get firmware updates automatically to help improve the drone ! !
Never had to even write to them to ask for anything.

Don't get robbed and held hostage by Autel everlasting filthy games ! !

Its a miracle, I just got back both my Autel EVO2 Pro 6K drones right after paying the R A N S O M $ $ Autel had put on me.
** -- * * It took 6 to 8 months after they held both my drones " Hostage " and if that's not enough well over a years Harassment and hair pulling experience's.

Both drones are pretty much brand new but I'm afraid to even power them up since my experience with Autel was so bad ! !
I still need to power them to see if they even work before selling them off.

Autel has a mess with so many different firmware not knowing which one is right and which one will Stun your drone Helpless due to no fault of yours but stupidness on Autels firmware developer not knowing how to put-in the safe guards that the wrong firmware will not load and how can a wrongly placed firmware break the Remotes mother board and the drone housing, How ! !

The DJI Air 2 S is indeed a little " Beast " they keep updating the firmware every few days, never ever have to write or even call DJI.
I'm very lucky to have the left over of my hairs from Horrible Autel Hair Pulling experience !

My other one is DJI Mavic 3 Classic, " She is a Lady and well behaved " get constant firmware updated.

I'm a former Quality Control Manager by profession and speak my mind above all.

January 12th I fired up the first Autel EVO2 Pro and went up some 68 to 75 feet high and 80 feet away, she flew and was very stable and behaved well.

The second one EVO2 Pro needed firmware update to 2.7.37 and would not bind.
Finally I got it bound.
Will try tomorrow, but still S C A R E D !
The firmware and Autel Explorer download is far too confusing now than ever before, not knowing if its going to screw up the drone or not.

Last edited:
Two weeks ago, I emailed Autel Robotics tech support about my water damaged EVO II. I got the automated reply that said a support representative would be contacting me soon. I didn't hear anything so after about 4 days I sent another email. Still nothing. After 10 days, I sent yet another email, still nothing. Now it's been two weeks and I have sent them a fourth email and I'm not hold my breath waiting for a reply. Is this normal? It's frustrating as hell.

This has not been my experience in the past. Maybe they gave up on giving support to their customers, IDK. I have been a loyal customer from the beginning and have purchased 3 X-Start Premiums, 3 EVO Is and 3 EVO IIs over the past two and a half years. The lack of communication from support make me want to switch to DJI and if I don't hear from them soon, I will.
Same here. VERY long wait for a reply, and sometimes no reply at all from Autel! From what I understand, DJI is no better.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58