Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The V1.5.8 is now officially released!

I have noticed that most of us on this forum are "older" and I think it's that way for the Yuneec one as well. Dont belong to the DJI one but I imagine the average age is lower because of the wider product range and sales volume.
I know what you mean. Sometimes when I'm in here, I feel like a nurse in a Retirement Home. ?

• Haha
Reactions: butch and Pman
I know what you mean. Sometimes when I'm in here, I feel like a nurse in a Retirement Home. ?
be careful brother, we almost the same age... I am just a few years older than you ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
I took the Evo for a flight test today and can confirm that the tilted issue with the camera appears to be corrected. Didn't suffer any issue with the camera.

So I did the latest fw update a couple of days ago and my forward speed was ...slow... flying away from the sun but over water. If I pushed it right or left or in reverse it flew at the regular speed. I've been flying the EVO for over a year and never had this problem until this update. I guess I will have to turn off the forward sensors as many of you have done. I don't use obstacle avoidance on my other drones so I'm sure it is not necessary with the EVO. Anyone else experience this after the update?

So I did the latest fw update a couple of days ago and my forward speed was ...slow... flying away from the sun but over water. If I pushed it right or left or in reverse it flew at the regular speed. I've been flying the EVO for over a year and never had this problem until this update. I guess I will have to turn off the forward sensors as many of you have done. I don't use obstacle avoidance on my other drones so I'm sure it is not necessary with the EVO. Anyone else experience this after the update?
Didn't notice or experienced this issue yet after the update

Reactions: jcommstudios
@macoman You know what YET means don't you? You'e Eligible Too...lol . A bit windy today but I think I will clean the sensors first. If that doesn't work I'll shut down the forward sensors and see what happens the next decent day I have to fly.

@macoman You know what YET means don't you? You'e Eligible Too...lol . A bit windy today but I think I will clean the sensors first. If that doesn't work I'll shut down the forward sensors and see what happens the next decent day I have to fly.
Sorry for my English brother, I am from the islands. I took the Evo again today to run another test and flew very well in 15mph wind..

Reactions: jcommstudios
Just solved the slow forward speed problem by calibrating the controller. I had shipped the controller to Autel a while back to have the antennas replaced. Apparently the shipping was rough enough to knock the sticks out of calibration. I was only getting about 6 mph in standard mode going forward and about 12 mph in ludicrous. Both are back to normal at 22 and 35. This is the instructional video from some time ago but was very concise EVO Remote Controller Calibration This is something I will do a few times a year from now on. If you are having any problems with controlling speed or direction this straightens it out!

Last edited:
I took the Evo for a flight test today and can confirm that the tilted issue with the camera appears to be corrected. Didn't suffer any issue with the camera.

that sounds promising. i still haven't received the notification on my app for the update.. how did you update yours? manually?

that sounds promising. i still haven't received the notification on my app for the update.. how did you update yours? manually?
Yes thru the explorer app... The tilt issue is still present after testing the aircraft a few times. You can also manually update the firmware into the SD card. There is a guide on the Autel Evo website In how to do it.

Yes thru the explorer app... The tilt issue is still present after testing the aircraft a few times. You can also manually update the firmware into the SD card. There is a guide on the Autel Evo website In how to do it.
ok thank you. and the tilt still there huh? i'm gonna have to call autel about it and ask them whats up with that. my left propeller is also in the shot quite often :/

ok thank you. and the tilt still there huh? i'm gonna have to call autel about it and ask them whats up with that. my left propeller is also in the shot quite often :/
Both the roll motor and the propeller in your shot will be part of your every day life flying this drone. The reason for the propeller is due to the positioning of the camera. Only way to prevent this is to tilt it down. The roll gimbal motor is the little plastic inside the camera cylinder which was a design flaw IMO never knowns to keep centered. Sometimes it's spot on, others not so much. You will notice that everytime you turn your drone on, it will be in a different position.

Both the roll motor and the propeller in your shot will be part of your every day life flying this drone. The reason for the propeller is due to the positioning of the camera. Only way to prevent this is to tilt it down. The roll gimbal motor is the little plastic inside the camera cylinder which was a design flaw IMO never knowns to keep centered. Sometimes it's spot on, others not so much. You will notice that everytime you turn your drone on, it will be in a different position.
I agree regarding roll, it's still there and really annoying :( together with it i have heading misalignment, and it's so frustrating... its been a year since i brought the drone and was hoping that with the time all those issues will be solved with simple(or not so) firmware updates, but unfortunately i need to sell my bird and hope for evo II to have none of those issues :)

Sometimes the firmware update requires all batteries to be updated. I want to confirm that this one is not one of those because it didn't repeat the update on subsequent batteries.

Was that your experience?
I did each battery one by one also, each time with the firmware.
Out 3 batteries One didn't update so I left it alone for now,
and mark it for later to update it.

I did each battery one by one also, each time with the firmware.
Out 3 batteries One didn't update so I left it alone for now,
and mark it for later to update it.
Firmware 1.5.8 does not contain a battery update, so you don't need to do the update with all batteries inserted.

I am assuming you are a new owner of the EVO so depending on what firmware came with your new EVO or your new batteries they might have needed to be updated. So if the firmware was behind maybe by two it would want to update your batteries to get caught up.

I am assuming you are a new owner of the EVO so depending on what firmware came with your new EVO or your new batteries they might have needed to be updated. So if the firmware was behind maybe by two it would want to update your batteries to get caught up.
Yes Sir, didn't know which firmware was on it, and just put the 158 on it anyways.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Yes, it is brand new ,and just did what Autel said to do. 158 firmware, and do each battery one at a time which I did 2 out of 3 batteries I have Oops! One didn't take for some reason. Also took out today very first flight. The Nose was facing North , but it seem like it was just a nip off to the left. from just lifting off ,and no correction with yaw etc. Also very responsive maybe a little to much . Back in the Day you could adjust anything like that yaw being off with the big old transmitters lol . Think next test flight i'll calibrate GPS, and transmitter.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kestrel