Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Remote ID Now Broadcasting with new firmware v1.1.54 for the EVO II V3 series

I jut talked to richard at Autel and he researched that the RID problem, He says it only broadcast on Android Phone. Wondering if someone can any one verify this?
I've tried using an android phone to receive it. No luck. Also most iPhones have trouble with receiving remote id of any type except wifi because of apples policies on getting raw data.

I installed all the latest updates and the Controller for my V3 says its broadcasting but Drone scanner comes up with zero after I lift off.

I installed all the latest updates and the Controller for my V3 says it’s broadcasting but Drone scanner comes up with zero after I lift off
Is anybody out there have the Autel Evo 2 Pro 6K V3 and can confirm that RID is actually working? I have not been able to verify that is actually broadcasting at all.

Is anybody out there have the Autel Evo 2 Pro 6K V3 and can confirm that RID is actually working? I have not been able to verify that is actually broadcasting at all.
Noone has that I know of except a couple of folks with commercial drone scanning systems. So none of the generic or consumer accessible RID apps have been able to see any of the Evo 2 V3 series (Pro, Dual, RTK, Enterprise). Nor has anyone seen the Max series on a consumer RID app.

--Chris

Noone has that I know of except a couple of folks with commercial drone scanning systems. So none of the generic or consumer accessible RID apps have been able to see any of the Evo 2 V3 series (Pro, Dual, RTK, Enterprise). Nor has anyone seen the Max series on a consumer RID app.

--Chris
Thank you for the info 👍.

Hello everyone,

I had a similar question and issues a few months ago. The firmware update released in January allowed the Evo 3 to start broadcasting. However, if you're not seeing the aircraft while using Drone Scanner or Open Drone ID, it may be due to the equipment you're using to detect the drone's broadcast. Apple products often do not support scanning, and not all Android devices work either. Additionally, certain settings may need to be adjusted within each app. After trying multiple devices, I found success with the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite.

Here's a GitHub link with information about supported devices and other details related to Remote ID:GitHub link

If you have an Android device not listed and need to check its compatibility with Remote ID, you can try downloading a program called AIDA64 onto that device. After downloading, check the Network settings tab in the AIDA64 app. It should indicate whether Wi-Fi Aware and Wi-Fi Direct are supported or unsupported.

Additionally, please adjust the following settings in the Drone Scanner App: Bluetooth scan priority and expiration time. Lower the expiration time to under 30 seconds (default is 600 sec) and set Bluetooth Scan priority to low. Images detailing these adjustments are provided in the attachments below.

Here

Attachments

• IMG_2805.JPG
    IMG_2805.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2806.JPG
    IMG_2806.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2808.JPG
    IMG_2808.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 8

Latest threads