Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The firmware version check failed for EVO II Pro 6K V3

Go to one of the links I sent. They will take you to the declaración of compliance page. Just type in “EVO” in the box in the upper right and click the drop down in the box on the upper left and select RID.

The results will be for all EVOs. Select your aircraft. On the next page the aircraft serial number range will be visible.

The approved EVO II aircraft serial numbers runs from 1748CHL… to 1748CHN…

This batch was submitted in Oct 2022, as you can see on the page.

Autel said they’ve submitted more aircraft serial numbers for approval. It’s just a matter of government workers making the approval.

OOP is for Operation Over People.

Although I didn't see a direct way to the list of aircraft with RID on the DroneZone website I did find it through Google Search.
The Autel EVO II is on the registered list, but the EVO II Pro is not. UGH! must wait for Autel Robotics to get off their butts about this. They are not compliant with the FAA rules.
You are correct the S/N is not the RID. So, I had to edit my registration to reflect the fact that my aircraft does not transmit a RID "yet". Hopefully, AR will move on this. 🤞
It probably transmits RID but it probably appears to be a ghost, if your aircraft serial number is not in the approved range because you can’t input the RID serial number.

I don’t know who is dragging their feet, Autel or the FAA. Either way, it’s just a matter of time, which we have about five months to spare.

Although I didn't see a direct way to the list of aircraft with RID on the DroneZone website I did find it through Google Search.
The Autel EVO II is on the registered list, but the EVO II Pro is not. UGH! must wait for Autel Robotics to get off their butts about this. They are not compliant with the FAA rules.
You are correct the S/N is not the RID. So, I had to edit my registration to reflect the fact that my aircraft does not transmit a RID "yet". Hopefully, AR will move on this. 🤞
Actually, only the second link, ending in doc, will take you to the correct page. Sorry fir any confusion.

Ah, Thank you for the correction.
I thought I was losing my mind!

Only see EVO II and not EVO II Pro.

So still have to wait for AR or FAA to process things.

I am going to as AR directly.

Attachments

• RID Screenshot 2023-04-10 115151.png
    RID Screenshot 2023-04-10 115151.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 5
My aircraft S/N falls within the range as noted in the attachment in my above post. So, I perhaps do have RID-compliant aircraft. I don't know for sure and will contact AR about this to confirm one way or the other.

My aircraft S/N falls within the range as noted in the attachment in my above post. So, I perhaps do have RID-compliant aircraft. I don't know for sure and will contact AR about this to confirm one way or the other.
If your aircraft serial number is in the posted range, you’ll just have to figure out what is the RID serial number and list that in your registration. I haven’t dug that deep because I’m outside the approved range. I figured I’d cross that bridge when mine is approved.

I called AR, boy I hate talking to those people there, and YES, my aircraft has a DOC with the FAA BUT AR has to do a firmware upgrade so that the aircraft will actually transmit the RID. God knows their firmware upgrading is a horrible process.

AR is always behind the curve.

Reactions: CaptainBry
I did a Firmware update on my EVO II Pro 6K V3 Aircraft. When I check for the version, to make sure it is updated, I get an error message that the "firmware check failed". I contacted Autel Robotics and they were no help. I had to send my aircraft and SE control unit to them for service. Is anyone else having the same issue? If so, did you find a fix for this?
I updated my firmware night before last and now neither of my SE Controller batteries (original and new spare) will charge beyond 54%. CRIPES AUTEL! It's hard to explain to my friends why I thought geofencing was worse that horrible customer service.

Reactions: bedellrt
I updated my firmware night before last and now neither of my SE Controller batteries (original and new spare) will charge beyond 54%. CRIPES AUTEL! It's hard to explain to my friends why I thought geofencing was worse that horrible customer service.
I get it. There are too many glitches with Autel Robotics. Very frustrating to say the least.

I first reported the "firmware check failed" problem in early March to this forum and AR. Today is the first time that I have successfully gotten the "Already the latest version" message when checking the aircraft firmware version under software updates. I have done nothing on my end; have not made any software or firmware updates; and have not made any changes to internet connectivity, so I suspect something was done externally to fix this issue. Give it a try.

Is anyone else having constant struggles to get smooth movements when doing video? The thing is supper choppy. I have a Eco ii Pro 6K v1, and it was a lot better. The v3 just sucks when it comes to smooth maneuvers. I've played with the exp settings and just can't seem to fix it.

Autel why can't you be honest and tell the people who have your drones what's going on. At least put a post out with an update. Dam does anyone monitor this feed from Autel? Support is so overwhelmed they can't deal with all of the calls. I believe there is only two phone support people. There must be a fix for this RID, DO you even test in house to see if it works? attached is my firmware photos, so people does your firmware match for the V3. By the way My screen protector came this way. It's a pisser.

Attachments

• IMG_6240.jpg
    IMG_6240.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6241.jpg
    IMG_6241.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6243.jpg
    IMG_6243.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
Después de la actualización el dron no arranca sus motores.
Actualicé el Autel EVO II V3 a través del controlador conectado a internet, después de eso el drone no enciende sus motores, tengo vista de la cámara y puedo moverla, recibe las misiones pero no enciende el motores manualmente y tampoco se enciende manualmente. planificación de la misión. En el controlador, cuando enciendes el dron, muestra "la última descarga del archivo de geo-cerca al dron autel" y no sé dónde descargar ese documento.

I did a Firmware update on my EVO II Pro 6K V3 Aircraft. When I check for the version, to make sure it is updated, I get an error message that the "firmware check failed". I contacted Autel Robotics and they were no help. I had to send my aircraft and SE control unit to them for service. Is anyone else having the same issue? If so, did you find a fix for this?
I had an issue different from yours, however my years of experience have taught me one thing, once your drone works as you like it, never ever update again, this goes for DJi and triple for Autel.
Just stay offline once your good.

Autel why can't you be honest and tell the people who have your drones what's going on. At least put a post out with an update. Dam does anyone monitor this feed from Autel? Support is so overwhelmed they can't deal with all of the calls. I believe there is only two phone support people. There must be a fix for this RID, DO you even test in house to see if it works? attached is my firmware photos, so people does your firmware match for the V3. By the way My screen protector came this way. It's a pisser.
Email the Asia support, see if that helps.

Purchased new EVO II Pro V3- March 20, 2024 and going through the setup updating software and that caused a lost connection to the aircraft. I am learning a new version of support (little to none). I think I have purchased a $3000.00 paperweight. I am beyond disappointed. Thankfully I have several of the other brand. I have been flying about six years now. Had to vent. Thank you

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles