Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The firmware version check failed for EVO II Pro 6K V3

flyingcarpent9

Reaction score
I did a Firmware update on my EVO II Pro 6K V3 Aircraft. When I check for the version, to make sure it is updated, I get an error message that the "firmware check failed". I contacted Autel Robotics and they were no help. I had to send my aircraft and SE control unit to them for service. Is anyone else having the same issue? If so, did you find a fix for this?

I did a Firmware update on my EVO II Pro 6K V3 Aircraft. When I check for the version, to make sure it is updated, I get an error message that the "firmware check failed". I contacted Autel Robotics and they were no help. I had to send my aircraft and SE control unit to them for service. Is anyone else having the same issue? If so, did you find a fix for this?
Yes - I have the same problem and find it hard to believe that we are the only two. I just sent an email to AR requesting an update to my ticket #266059 that I opened on March 6th. I was told that the problem was going to be raised to Engineering and it was safe to fly. Hope you saw my reply to you on March 7th. Hoping it's a glitch in the firmware that will be fixed at the next update - not looking forward to sending in my equipment unless absolutely necessary. Good luck and please advise further...

Hi, you are not. I just checked mine and I have the same issue.
I have enterprise 640T V3. w/SC.
What I do remember was that a month or so after I updated to this version I was prompted to update the same version again aircraft firmware only. I honestly can’t remember if I checked the second time it made me update, but it looks to be a firmware issue.

I had to send my aircraft and SE to Autel Robotics (AR) for them to evaluate both in regard to the firmware issue.
The service department checked both and said they found no issues. They did not say anything about the "firmware failed check" error message I was getting. I wrote them back and asked for an explanation as to why I got this error message. No reply (yet)
In the service report, they said they did do a firmware update.
I will keep all informed of their reply (if any) and I will see if the firmware is recognized or if I am still getting the error message.

Last edited:
Another one here ,same version failure notice ,I have been communicating with Michelle at Autel cs .my issue also includes not being able to connect a livedeck 2 after three days of update and software checks I have now filled in a questionnaire prior to getting instructions on a return , the software issues included firmware check failure on the craft and a over the air update on the controller not completing, I was given instruction on updating the se controller by downloading the latest controller software and installing directly onto the controller via a usb stick which was successfull in updating the controller software the subsequent attempt at updating craft firmware stopped at 95% and said it was complete
Cheers kes

Wanted to add. Just got this unit from Amazon Warehouse. One peculiar unboxing item. The power cords were all Euro style. Called Amazon and they happily gave me a credit for $20 so I could get a couple Euro-to-USA converters for my plugs. I had to wait to charge my aircraft because of this. However, I could charge the SE controller through USB-c with power cord I had. I then updated the firmware for the SE Controller and Android OS. Downloaded the firmware to the SE for the aircraft. After download I started to upload the firmware update to the drone. Got an alert that it didn't have enough battery power to attempt the firmware upload (because I couldn't charge the batteries while waiting on the converters)
The converters arrived today. I charged the drone batteries. Went in to check the drone firmware through SE. Said it needed uploaded. I assumed it was going to upload to the drone..the firmware that it had downloaded to the SE the day before. I just clicked "Continue" and walked away for a bit. Came back a little later to check the update. Had a message "it was completed and I had to reboot both drone and controller". It seemed, and this could be important, the controller screen was frozen with that message on it. I couldn't navigate anywhere. Didn't think that a big deal because I was rebooting anyway. So, per the message I powered off both devices and restarted. I then connected to the drone. Checked to see if the firmware had updated successfully and that's when I saw the "firmware check failed".

That's how it stands for me right now. If anyone has updates or a fix PLEASE share.

Wanted to add. Just got this unit from Amazon Warehouse. One peculiar unboxing item. The power cords were all Euro style. Called Amazon and they happily gave me a credit for $20 so I could get a couple Euro-to-USA converters for my plugs. I had to wait to charge my aircraft because of this. However, I could charge the SE controller through USB-c with power cord I had. I then updated the firmware for the SE Controller and Android OS. Downloaded the firmware to the SE for the aircraft. After download I started to upload the firmware update to the drone. Got an alert that it didn't have enough battery power to attempt the firmware upload (because I couldn't charge the batteries while waiting on the converters)
The converters arrived today. I charged the drone batteries. Went in to check the drone firmware through SE. Said it needed uploaded. I assumed it was going to upload to the drone..the firmware that it had downloaded to the SE the day before. I just clicked "Continue" and walked away for a bit. Came back a little later to check the update. Had a message "it was completed and I had to reboot both drone and controller". It seemed, and this could be important,Ithe controller screen was frozen with that message on it. I couldn't navigate anywhere. Didn't think that a big deal because I was rebooting anyway. So, per the message I powered off both devices and restarted. I then connected to the drone. Checked to see if the firmware had updated successfully and that's when I saw the "firmware check failed".

That's how it stands for me right now. If anyone has updates or a fix PLEASE share.

I contacted AR customer service and they could not help so they asked that I send my aircraft and SE controller to them for evaluation and service. I got a response from the service department saying they could not find anything wrong, despite I could not check the firmware version as I would get the "firmware check failed" message.
They said they did a firmware update while they had my aircraft and SE controller. They shipped them back to me and I should be receiving them on 3/27.
I will let you know what I find when I check the status of the firmware and software, etc.

Still do not know what caused the problem, which is frustrating. AR won't say...

AR responded with the following in a March 20th email:
"Sometimes this message will appear even if you are on the latest firmware. However, this message could also appear if you are not connected to WIFI. If you are, please check your firmware by going to camera --> general --> about --> firmware version. You must click on firmware version.
That will bring up your firmware table. If your table matches the one here, you are on the latest firmware and can ignore that popup...There has been no official firmware update to address this issue at this time."

Update hi I’m in the U.K. so Autel have told me to send the unit and livedeck ( as that would not connect either ) to a repair centre in Germany it was sent ups seven days ago and it’s still in transit 406 miles in seven days and counting not really relevant I just fancied venting about Usless Parcel Service , I’ll swing by again with a update when I get the unit back 😂

Update hi I’m in the U.K. so Autel have told me to send the unit and livedeck ( as that would not connect either ) to a repair centre in Germany it was sent ups seven days ago and it’s still in transit 406 miles in seven days and counting not really relevant I just fancied venting about Usless Parcel Service , I’ll swing by again with a update when I get the unit back 😂

To All,
I got my aircraft and SE Controller back today from the AR service department. I turned them on and made sure I was connected to the internet via WIFI. (which apparently you have to be, but not stated in the user's manual) Both the aircraft and SE controller have to be on and paired, which mine were.

Checked the Firmware and got the same error message: "Version Check Failed". Ugh!!!!

I called AR and told them the situation that I sent in my aircraft/SE controller for this very reason and was told by the service department that everything was working fine and up to date, yet I still have the same error message.

Lady at AR reviewed the versions under the heading of General, then About. I read her all the various version numbers and she said all were up to date, despite the error message when you search under General, then Software updates, then Firmware Update.

AR lady said they are aware that some people are having this issue despite having all the versions up to date.
They are working on a FIX!

Can't understand why for some people the firmware check does not work while for others it does.

This is just another AR problem. So many issues.

At this rate, I fear that AR will go out of business with all the problems they are having.
I understand that Ken Booth (service manager) left AR recently out of frustration with higher management.

Don't know the reason for sure but another bad sign.

AR responded with the following in a March 20th email:
"Sometimes this message will appear even if you are on the latest firmware. However, this message could also appear if you are not connected to WIFI. If you are, please check your firmware by going to camera --> general --> about --> firmware version. You must click on firmware version.
That will bring up your firmware table. If your table matches the one here, you are on the latest firmware and can ignore that popup...There has been no official firmware update to address this issue at this time."

Add me to the list.

My v3 arrived last night (upgraded from v1) and after doing all the updates I am also now getting the "firmware check failed."

I did look at the firmware table from that link and my bird does match with all those version numbers so I'll jump in line now waiting on a fix with everyone else. I do plan to fly... it's my understanding this isn't an issue where flying is unsafe.

I had the same issue and Autel told me, I would get the error message, when it was updated successfully. I don't know how an error message is confirmation but it is working just fine. It may be because my aircraft serial number is not FAA approved yet and the update was to add the RID to the drone. It should work itself out, after my aircraft serial number is approved.

Add me to the list.

My v3 arrived last night (upgraded from v1) and after doing all the updates I am also now getting the "firmware check failed."

I did look at the firmware table from that link and my bird does match with all those version numbers so I'll jump in line now waiting on a fix with everyone else. I do plan to fly... it's my understanding this isn't an issue where flying is unsafe.
I had the same issue and Autel told me, I would get the error message, when it was updated successfully. I don't know how an error message is confirmation but it is working just fine. It may be because my aircraft serial number is not FAA approved yet and the update was to add the RID to the drone. It should work itself out, after my aircraft serial number is approved.

My aircraft is registered with FAA in the Drone Zone. I have a R.I.D. which is apparently the same as the S/N of the aircraft as I was able to find on the Drone Zone FAA list. That all being said, post firmware update I still get the "failed to check" error message when trying to confirm the version of the firmware. The only way to confirm it is to go to "About" and check through that link.

My aircraft is registered with FAA in the Drone Zone. I have a R.I.D. which is apparently the same as the S/N of the aircraft as I was able to find on the Drone Zone FAA list. That all being said, post firmware update I still get the "failed to check" error message when trying to confirm the version of the firmware. The only way to confirm it is to go to "About" and check through that link.
If you go to the Declaration of Compliance website (see links below) and search for your aircraft, with a filter for RID. You will most likely not see your aircraft serial number being included. As stated before, Autel has submitted additional aircraft serial numbers for approval. Until your aircraft serial number is approved, you select "No" for "Does your aircraft have RID?"

Your RID serial number is not your aircraft serial number. My drone has RID but until the FAA approves the additional aircraft serial numbers, I technically don’t have RID.

After the FAA approves the aircraft serial number, just go back into Drone Zone and update that question with a "Yes" and add the RID serial number.

DOC list: https://faadronezone-access.faa.gov/

DroneZone: https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs

Hope this helped.

Although I didn't see a direct way to the list of aircraft with RID on the DroneZone website I did find it through Google Search.
The Autel EVO II is on the registered list, but the EVO II Pro is not. UGH! must wait for Autel Robotics to get off their butts about this. They are not compliant with the FAA rules.
You are correct the S/N is not the RID. So, I had to edit my registration to reflect the fact that my aircraft does not transmit a RID "yet". Hopefully, AR will move on this. 🤞

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials