Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Remote ID Now Broadcasting with new firmware v1.1.54 for the EVO II V3 series

Reaction score
Guys i got an email from Autel Robotics saying that if you install firmware v1.1.54 for the EVO II V3 the Remote ID will start broadcasting as soon as you take off. Has anybody confirmed that is sending out the RID signal? I heard that there is an app called "Drone Scanner that uses Bluetooth scanning to detect drones broadcasting RID while in flight. I believed you need to take off for the signal to start broadcasting. Has anybody installed this firmware and verified by providing some pictures?

The controller now says 'broadcasting' in it as soon as you power it up... however I haven't been able to see the drone still in either Drone Scanner or Open Drone ID on Android. :(

The controller now says 'broadcasting' in it as soon as you power it up... however I haven't been able to see the drone still in either Drone Scanner or Open Drone ID on Android. :(
Can you post any screenshots of your controller broadcasting?

I don't thin that Remote ID Broadcasting is doing anything. I think is not working and i feel they might release another firmware update maybe to get it fixed. If you can't get anything on your Android with Drone Scanner or Open Drone ID app most likely is not working.

Yeah still doing nothing. They just played with the UI of the controller a bit to say 'broadcasting' but it's not.

To verify my phone could get RID signals I went off and bought a Holy Stone RID module off Amazon. Came right up in all the apps on my android phone. Nothing from the EVO still....

Guys i got an email from Autel Robotics saying that if you install firmware v1.1.54 for the EVO II V3 the Remote ID will start broadcasting as soon as you take off. Has anybody confirmed that is sending out the RID signal? I heard that there is an app called "Drone Scanner that uses Bluetooth scanning to detect drones broadcasting RID while in flight. I believed you need to take off for the signal to start broadcasting. Has anybody installed this firmware and verified by providing some pictures?
People I was wrong. I show in the 2nd Edition controller My V3 has remote ID and says broadcasting. When I look at drone scanner the drone is not broadcasting a signal.. are you showing up in drone scanner now since this post?
Also I did a firmware update.

Last edited:
My V3 has remote ID and yes you can see you flight path with drone scanner. I have no photos to share
Interesting. I wonder what's different about yours then everyone elses here. What model phone are you using? (since it seems that plays quite a part in how these scanning apps work). I went out and bought a holy stone rid box just to verify my phone at least did get 'something'. But that doesn't mean the Autel is using BT like the HS RID box is.

thanks
--Chris

I installed the most recent firmware update, which showed in the “What’s updated list” RID for European regions was included.

I’ll fly tomorrow and see if the Drone Scanner app on my phone picks me up.

Yeah still doing nothing. They just played with the UI of the controller a bit to say 'broadcasting' but it's not.

To verify my phone could get RID signals I went off and bought a Holy Stone RID module off Amazon. Came right up in all the apps on my android phone. Nothing from the EVO still....
Sounds like a dissapoitment to me... while community on YouTube is not happy at all about RID!! (privacy issues). Do you work for Autel?

I installed the most recent firmware update, which showed in the “What’s updated list” RID for European regions was included.

I’ll fly tomorrow and see if the Drone Scanner app on my phone picks me up.
I just flew and did not see my drone in the Drone Scanner App. I’m looking to buy another drone and seriously considering moving to Yuneec.

Sounds like a dissapoitment to me... while community on YouTube is not happy at all about RID!! (privacy issues). Do you work for Autel?
Nope, don't work for Autel... if I did I'd probably make sure I had a fully working drone. ;)

Noone is really happy about RID it's the ultimate 'Karen'-enabling pile of trash. I'd be happier if it didn't provide operator location to anyone, and if the owner/pilot info was only accessible to law enforcement/FAA/etc.

Reactions: Ferg and G_G
I was wondering if you got your remote ID showing up in Drone Scanner since you posted your question. Hi, I was wondering if you got your remote ID showing up in Drone Scanner since you posted your question. My v3 says I’m broadcasting but when I check drone scanner it’s not showing up. So I was wondering if you’re still having that same issue thank you.

I never saw my Evo 2 v3 on dronescanner. Even after the update.

Just got an Evo max and same thing. Says broadcasting but doesnt show up in dronescanner.

Someone in another threadentioned they had a commercial scanner that it showed up in, so maybe they're knocking off DJI droneid vs rid?

I never saw my Evo 2 v3 on dronescanner. Even after the update.

Just got an Evo max and same thing. Says broadcasting but doesnt show up in dronescanner.

Someone in another threadentioned they had a commercial scanner that it showed up in, so maybe they're knocking off DJI droneid vs rid?
Does this make the drone illegal to fly? Yes.

Hello everyone. I would like to join in your conversation reading the RID not showing up in Drone Scanner. Just like you, my controller SE says its broadcasting but its not showing up in drone scanner. If everyone around the US is having the same issue don't you think Autel there is a problem?

Does this make the drone illegal to fly? Yes.
Likely non compliant. But not illegal at this time since there is a blanket enforcement waiver and autel is on the RID list.

What I dont fully understand is if it's doing something that's still OK, but masked from the general publics view via the various "Karen" enablement apps for finding drone operators, or if it's just broken. :)

Some folks say they've seen it on law enforcement style drone scanners. But the FAA requirements for drone id is that it works over either regular wifi. Bluetooth 4 or Bluetooth 5. Not something in the control signal (ala DJI Aeroscope).

--Chris

I own a v3 and also a v1. I just updated the firmware and controller on the v3 yesterday and there is no indication of remote ID.. I have a dronetag beacon for my v1 and it functions. you can see it in the app after you create an account. I guess at this point I"m hoping that there is another firmware update before march 16. I did NOT get any email from autel regarding the issue. I already feel ripped off due to the fact that the V3 has so many LESS flight features than the v1.

I own a v3 and also a v1. I just updated the firmware and controller on the v3 yesterday and there is no indication of remote ID.. I have a dronetag beacon for my v1 and it functions. you can see it in the app after you create an account. I guess at this point I"m hoping that there is another firmware update before march 16. I did NOT get any email from autel regarding the issue. I already feel ripped off due to the fact that the V3 has so many LESS flight features than the v1.
I’m very disappointed in the V3. I was stupid. Let me tell you. I did a trade-in for my V2 for the V3 biggest mistake ever. Now that I have the V3, it does not show remote ID in the app and this is an ongoing problem, and I’m caught up with the firmware, so you’re not alone

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo