Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo II Dual 640T RTK V3 Issues

Colet09

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and it is truly unfortunate I have to join in this manner but I felt like you all needed to know in case you are looking at purchasing the V3 RTK Dual EVO II.

I purchased this system on Dec 26th 2022 from Drone Nerds and received it on Dec 30th 2022. I was able to fly the drone roughly 6 times to learn the ins and outs of the system. Everything went really well, I ensured all three drone batteries were sufficiently charged for storage as well as ensured the Smart remote was charged for storage. This system sat in the case for 7 days inside my home while I was on vacation. I returned Jan 11th and after settling back in Jan 14th I pull everything out to charge back up and start servicing the clients I lined up before purchasing this system. The drone batteries charged fine, the smart remote only charged to 40% on Jan 14th 2023, so I let it sit over night on the provided 65w charger and still 40%. I then unplugged the remote from the charger to find it had either shorted out or dumped the operating system, it would power cycle never passing the first loading screen. Mind you I have only had this $7k plus system for less than a month with less than 4 hrs of actual flight time on it, I now sit here with no answers from DroneNerds and an apology from Autel asking me to send the drone and remote back to them for repair. I asked for a replacement and AUTEL said a repair is all they can do, so now I have lost the customers I promised work, the drone is on its way back to AUTEL and i'm out $7k+ not to mention the money and jobs I am losing while AUTEL has it for repair.

I come to this forum share my story and ask these questions:
Am I being unreasonable for asking for a loaner or replacement? Should I manage my expectations better?
Is this something to be expected in this industry?

I hate saying it but I feel DJI wouldn't have had this issue or they would have replaced it. Please don't take that the wrong way. I have been an AUTEL fan boy since owning the EVO II Pro 6k V1.

Reactions: Egodem
This was my thought as well. Hot swap the controller and I am back up and running. I just received an invoice for the warranty work, they had to replace the screen and the PCB. Invoice posted below

What doesn't make sense to me is if this is the V3 controller why are they using a V2 PCB? Is this one of those situations where we use previous version guts with a few updated pieces and call it a V3?

Order summary​

Smart Controller 7.9 Screen Assembly × 1
$180.00​
Main PCB 7.9 V2 Smart Controller × 1
$400.00​
Labor × 1
1 hours
$65.00​
Discount
$-645.00
Subtotal
$0.00
Shipping
$0.00
Total
$0.00 USD

Update on my V3 issues are that Drone Nerds has gone above and beyond to help me out and I am able to return my Autel for Store credit after a 25% restoking fee which I understand must happen. I hate leaving but I can no longer trust AUTEL's reliability nor their customer support.

Update on my V3 issues are that Drone Nerds has gone above and beyond to help me out and I am able to return my Autel for Store credit after a 25% restoking fee which I understand must happen. I hate leaving but I can no longer trust AUTEL's reliability nor their customer support.
I have a similar experience. I bought the EVO 2 RTK v3 as a backup to my M300, seemed like a pretty good deal and an alternative to DJI. Purchased it back in Oct. 2022, flew several test mission using the same setup as I use for the M300, RS2+ as my base over a known point, RS2 as my rover for setting GCPs. Corrections for the rover and the drone go through Emild caster. After processing the data, Pix4d Mapper, the elevation from the Autel flight were all over the place, anywhere from .5ft to a couple of feet. Ended up sending it back to Autel to have it checked out, they said they were able to recreate the issue on other v3's but didn't have a hardware fix and said hopefully a new firmware version would be available to fix the issue. It's been about 2 months now since I got the drone back and still no fix.
Right now all the drone is good for is progress shots of our sites, out $4k and no backup for the M300...very frustrating.

So on both the RTK & 640T V3 When flying any type of mission, after the 2nd battery change during the mission flight and after the power up when the mission is resumed, the drone errors out saying no SD card. Pull the 128GB I use in ALL my drones, only 35 percent or so used.....Still, drone wont recognize the card until its formatted.... only does this on missions and now confirming it is a V3 issue..... as it occurred multiple times on both V3 aircraft and BOTH during missions!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials