Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Maybe the best 7" now 8" tablet for drone flying? TRIPLTEK

I don't see why it wouldn't work, just the same as it does now. Not sure if the new Autel RC's are all USB-C connections or not.
if that's the case and since the new Autel's are not sc-compatible, I may reconsider the upgrade to the tripltek8. any bf deals coming up? ;)

Reactions: Quad808
I wish. I would think that if they were going to offer a discount, maybe they would here? hint...hint...TRIPLTEK

I might have read some info wrong but the $795 price is a discounted introductory pre-order price. I would expect that price to go up later on.

I might have read some info wrong but the $795 price is a discounted introductory pre-order price. I would expect that price to go up later on.
That would be correct... it Reg price is $899. The $795 is a early order discount.

$899...wow, thats pricey for a tablet, or is it not, considering you are getting one, if not the brightest tablet on the market with all the extra "tough" features?
I have been down the road of buying multiple tablets, always trying to find that "ONE" that is bright enough to use all the time, in the sun. I have tried them all, to some extent....while obviously not ALL, but a bunch. Screen shades galore etc. Nothing, and I mean nothing comes close to the Tripltek in a tablet that I have found....so am I trying to convince myself that the price is worth it? Sure sounds like it to me......

and, yep I pre-ordered one. No update on shipping though.....HURRY UP!

Reactions: DaveMH
Ordered mine on 22 Sep, and as of a few minutes ago... just received email notice it was being shipped.

UPS Tracking not active yet... so guessing mid-week arrival.

Looking forward to tablet... be a great add. Although the iPad Pro 11" will probably continue to be primary unit. I have the Samsung S7plus, and rarely use for flight tablet. Many iOS apps not on Android, several DJI flight apps & tools. Have Ultra Bight Crystal scan... great screen but very aged Processor & OS.

I view this as my CS UB replacement, which may grow in popularity as used with ample performance & stability in heat and freezing temps.
The iPad Pro's fall short in both extremes!

Just got my shipping notice as well....lets see who gets theirs first. I bet you will.
Race is on.... LOL!
USP Tracking this morning shows Wed Delivery.
Edited.... now showing Fri, Oct 8th.

Last edited:
uh oh....I may just win. Tracking shows its out for delivery today...wahooooo!

if someone can show me the trip8 working with the nano+, I will buy one. until then, I'm going to keep using trip7. sometimes you gotta think about what you need vs. what you want. ;)

Reactions: Quad808
I have found from time to time that gsmarena.com doesn't always have accurate information.

On another note, I have found that the brightest Samsung phone has been the Note 8, with 1,200 nits.
Yes on the Note 8. Been using it dedicated for drones for 3 years. Runs everything with no hic-ups, and 1200 Nits can give you a suntan. Also comes with a Stylus that is really nice for working with files on the screen. I bought it on Amazon for $400 new, unlocked, no phone service.

uh oh....I may just win. Tracking shows its out for delivery today...wahooooo!
Urrg! Really... you close to FL?
Dang, that was quick for ya!

On the plus side, mine was a pre-release with a wait to ship and yours pretty same time indicates they are shipping now.

Mine got updated from Wed to Friday...and stays on Friday.

Tablet arrived yesterday...its a beauty. Its fast. Its much lighter than the original/pro. Android 10 sucks...no home buttons or back buttons, which I am used to. Never knew this. Yah, you can get used to it, but it still sucks.
Screen is great. Purchase includes a screen protector in the box, so you can put it on if you want to reduce glare.

However.

Houston we have a problem. I am working right now with Tripltek on it, and they can duplicate the issue. Sent support an email and they replied back within minutes...top notch response. They are working on it, and I am guessing its only a software patch to fix, but will see. This issue has to do with video playback on high rez files. Let me put it this way....if this issue CAN'T be fixed, (I am totally confident it can be with a software patch and or update) this tablet will be returned. This issue has nothing to do with drone apps. Stuttering playback of 4k video files. No, its not the micro sd card....does the same from playback from internal memory...chances are its the video codec being used, since the tablet has more than enough horsepower to play back the files smoothly. Same files played back on the original tablet play fine.

What I like...its lighter and thinner than the original. Its faster. Bigger screen. 256g internal memory and you can put a micro sd card in it. Its an unlocked phone, like the original.
Like the original, the screen is mega bright. Big battery. Speakers are decent. Good resolution...much better than the original, so you will get more out of this if you wanted to use it for other things rather than drone flying.
Full google certification, and setup was a breeze. Good documentation as far as the manual goes. Tells you all the things about Android 10...well enough to get you going.

Gonna do a test with DJI Fly for a short flight in the house. Its raining outside. Will also do a test with Autel Explorer and report back.

*DJI Fly works great
*Explorer app works great also

Last edited:
Interesting.. have you tried installing vlc or some other media player on it..

@Quad808 , congrats! That was quick delivery! Mine is now updated to Thursday. More excited to see it now... you hit the key points, size and Performance. Disappointing to hear the issue with video, may be how they're addressing the GPU or how GPU is setup in firmware. I do hope they correct that... that would be a killer on device.

@Quad808 , you mention Android 10 and no buttons. That is Swipe gestures... they work great 99% of the time. Although most flavors of A10 and A11 have ability in setup to use either one: buttons or gesture. Look for gesture mode or gestures... turn them off and see if 3 buttons return.

My Tab S7+ is now A11 and it can be either. Traded my Note20 Ultra on A11 and have Fold3 on A11... I switched it to gestures, have gotten used to them now.... took a few weeks. The Fold3 runs all the apps and flight apps.

The Questions on DJI apps or various apps... I don't have mine yet but if it's fully Google Playstore certified, then it'll easily support and run all Android apps... and all Brand Flight apps. Skydio, DJI, Autel, and 3rd Party Flight apps.

Reactions: Junior
I am doing some serious video testing....looking like it is only .mp4 files that don't playback so well....doesn't matter the resolution or video bitrate or framerate.
.avi, .mov ,mpg .vob .mts all are playing as expected.

Thanks @Dougcjohn on the gesture tip...will give that a go. OMG! GENIOUS! Buttons are back. F'ing hated those gestures, but was getting used to it.

H.264 codec looks like. Any file that uses it...not so good. But Tripltek is working on it right now.

*take my "conclusions" as a work in progress about video playback. There is an issue, but trying to nail it down to exact file format is difficult.*

Just an update. Tripltek thinks they have found what the issue is, and are working on a fix. Will post back if they nailed it. I can say that this tablet is way better looking that the industrial looking original, while keeping the rugged protection of the original. The screen is gorgeous with the higher resolution. Because of the high quality of screen, I can see more uses for this than just a drone tablet.

This stand works great for this new tablet: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0768TT6LN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It will even hold the tablet vertical.

Attachments

• 20211006_094822.jpg
    20211006_094822.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member