Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Maybe the best 7" now 8" tablet for drone flying? TRIPLTEK

Just keep in mind I have tested several casting devices...NONE have zero lag, it just won't happen with this kind of tech. The Microsoft casting dongle has the lowest latency I have found in testing.
For very in close flying, where space around the drone is at a minimum? I wouldn't use any casting dongle, but in normal flying where you have time to react....It shouldn't be a problem. Remember that you can cast directly to a smart TV or similar device without using any casting device. The tablet has it built in, but even doing that there is some lag. I will see if I can do that today and take a screen shot of the stop watch app...casting from the tablet to a TV. With and without the MS dongle. I am curious to see if there will be a difference.

I'm actually impressed with the setup. Will have to fly with it to see how things go in the real world, but it's promising.

Appreciate any testing you're willing to do. Do you have an HDMI splitter? I'm also wondering if it's possible to connect two devices using a splitter. Thanks.

I'm actually impressed with the setup. Will have to fly with it to see how things go in the real world, but it's promising.

Appreciate any testing you're willing to do. Do you have an HDMI splitter? I'm also wondering if it's possible to connect two devices using a splitter. Thanks.
You know you have far too much electronic "crap" when you can pull out a brand new HDMI splitter just so you can test something....LOL! Splitter works great.
System was setup with MS HDMI display adapter into the HDMI splitter input, output went to a TV and the other output went to a portable monitor. Tripltek was then connected via screen cast to the MS dongle. Worked perfectly. Pictures left to right...1. HDMI splitter, connected to TV, 2. Spliiter connected to portable monitor 3. video playing from tablet through splitter on portable monitor 4. same playback on TV 5. MS dongle with no splitter to TV. Looks like no difference in lag when using a splitter. The splitter requires power.

Attachments

• 20211102_101745.jpg
    20211102_101745.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211102_103507.jpg
    20211102_103507.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 9
  • 20211102_103616.jpg
    20211102_103616.jpg
    694.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211102_103633.jpg
    20211102_103633.jpg
    1,006.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20211102_101711.jpg
    20211102_101711.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Love
Reactions: SARty
You know you have far too much electronic "crap" when you can pull out a brand new HDMI splitter just so you can test something....LOL! Splitter works great.
System was setup with MS HDMI display adapter into the HDMI splitter input, output went to a TV and the other output went to a portable monitor. Tripltek was then connected via screen cast to the MS dongle. Worked perfectly. Pictures left to right...1. HDMI splitter, connected to TV, 2. Spliiter connected to portable monitor 3. video playing from tablet through splitter on portable monitor 4. same playback on TV 5. MS dongle with no splitter to TV. Looks like no difference in lag when using a splitter. The splitter requires power.

LOL, that's so cool!!! Thank you! I wasn't sure if hoping for that functionality was a long shot or not. But this means we can use goggles and small HDMI screens for those additional sets of eyes when we're in the field!

So from this test it looks like around a 130-175 milliseconds lag. Like you were saying earlier, as long as there is breathing room near obstacles, that should be ok. As much as I hope Tripltek adds HDMI on future models (along with 2000 nit screens), it's good that there's a workable solution.

Thank you again for doing this!

No problem at all. This is what happens in this day and age when you are "working" from home....oh wait. But I AM working...honest! Glad to help, especially someone involved in SAR. Hats off to you!

No problem at all. This is what happens in this day and age when you are "working" from home....oh wait. But I AM working...honest! Glad to help, especially someone involved in SAR. Hats off to you!
LOL. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone! Seriously though, I appreciate it!

Thank you......just doing what I can.

Sorry to be late to the party or not having pored through all 16+ pages of comments, but what does exactly does this Tripletek + HDMI casting solution buy you that you can't do (and do better) with an Evo 2 v1 and a Live Deck?

Sorry to be late to the party or not having pored through all 16+ pages of comments, but what does exactly does this Tripletek + HDMI casting solution buy you that you can't do (and do better) with an Evo 2 v1 and a Live Deck?

With V1, you get HDMI with Live Deck and the smart controller. With V2, only the smart controller. This is just an option for those that don't have that equipment, or that want a smart controller plus standard controller setup.

Not everyone has a live deck, and a lot of us have different brands of drones. The Tripltek fits that bill nicely.

would be nice if the tripltek tablets (particularly the 7") will work with the new nano and lite rc. I would really hate to go back to using a mobile phone to fly an autel drone. I think we need correct brackets and cabling, correct?
They'll certainly work, will just need to figure out a mounting solution given that the stock clamp on the RC for Lite and Nano is made for mobile devices. We are actively working on some new mounting solutions to accommodate the TRIPLTEK 8 Pro which is our new favorite Android tablet. :)

They'll certainly work, will just need to figure out a mounting solution given that the stock clamp on the RC for Lite and Nano is made for mobile devices. We are actively working on some new mounting solutions to accommodate the TRIPLTEK 8 Pro which is our new favorite Android tablet. :)
thanks the update. if you're not flying with a smart controller, tripltek is the best way to go so as soon as proven mounts are ready, i don't see why i shouldnt upgrade from 7 to the 8 pro....unless it turns out the sc will work with nano and lite after all? ;)

Hi, I have been using a USB 20 ohm resistor in the ground line of adapters using the components described in the original post with good success in both my EVO ll 8k & 6k. However they are a little long (see photo), so I decided to make up some of those adapters in a shorter configuration using 12 ohm resistors. After assembling a few of the adapters, I noticed that I screwed up by putting the resistor in the Vcc line instead of the ground line. The more I thought about it, the more it seems reasonable to have current reduction in the Vcc line instead of the ground line. I tested the adapters and found that they worked perfectly. The current to the Tripltek Pro tablet was measured, 0.055 Amps, just great. Attached is a photo of my adapter assembly. They will be covered with shrink wrap.

It should be noted that the $40 Tripltek cable has a resistor of ~13 ohms in the ground line.

Regards,
Richard

Hello guys

It is my pleasure to announce, we finished the development of an Android protocol to stop the controller from charging the T8 PRO.

Now the T8 PRO is keeping the line and data transmission with the controller while not receiving power from it. So, the transmission is faster and it will not be power drawn from the controller!

All T8 PRO owners will be receiving the OTA update today.

To install the update go to Settings>About the Phone>Wireless update

Way to go TRIPLTEK...you guys rock. Thank you for the continued work on making your products better and better.
I have been working with TRIPLTEK with some firmware testing for them, and can tell you that they are stand up guys who are committed to making their products the best they can be.
And they love drone peeps!

Hello guys

It is my pleasure to announce, we finished the development of an Android protocol to stop the controller from charging the T8 PRO.

Now the T8 PRO is keeping the line and data transmission with the controller while not receiving power from it. So, the transmission is faster and it will not be power drawn from the controller!

All T8 PRO owners will be receiving the OTA update today.

To install the update go to Settings>About the Phone>Wireless update
Hi Tripltek, that is great news for the 8" Pro. Is there any chance that a similar patch can be made available for your 7" Pro tablet.

Regards,
Richard

Reactions: drrags
Hi Tripltek, that is great news for the 8" Pro. Is there any chance that a similar patch can be made available for your 7" Pro tablet.

Regards,
Richard
I second that request. I got my 7 a month or two ago. Discovered the controller draining quickly while on a week long trip in the middle of the desert. Pulled the TriplTek and haven't used it since.

Hey guys, I finally had some time to test the new Power/charging fix that TRIPLTEK just released. Here are some before, after, USB-C charging, and after power/charging fix connected with resistor adapter made previously, before the software fix. Well done TRIPLTEK! *measuring power going INTO the TRIPLTEK 8" tablet from the Autel RC, except for the USB_C charger pic, just so you know that this fix didn't affect normal charging of the tablet*

Attachments

• Before power fix.jpg
    Before power fix.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 12
  • After power fix.jpg
    After power fix.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 12
  • USB_C charger.jpg
    USB_C charger.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 12
  • After power fix w_resistor adapter.jpg
    After power fix w_resistor adapter.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 12
Hi, anyone owning Tripltek 8, could you please share the back strap mount bolts spacing? IMHO it has great potential for mount options. I can see there are several solutions available but none of them using bolts unfortunately, so I'd like to handcraft something myself.

I don't know the bolt spacing but the sky fire aerial tripltek 8 mount connects using those bolts. It then gives you 2 1/4-20 mounting positions, one on the bottom and 1 on the back. It is solid as heck.

Reactions: Andrzej
Heavy and bulky. The Samsung S10 + and S20, also 1200 nits and is easier to carry and fits in the pocket!
Yes but those phone won't maintain those brightness levels those are "burst" I beleve the longest you can set that brightness is 3 min.
Also the smaller battery in those phones are not going to run very long at a high screen brightness.
Also the phone at high bright and in the sun on a hot day will shut down on you, this sucks with your drone in the air.

No problem currently with the S20Fe, for four weeks 35 flights under temperatures around 38° or even 42 on certain days and it has never let me down. For brightness it adjusts with 3rd party android software and can go up to 120% and doesn't go down in flight time but most of the time I leave it at 100% and doesn't drain the battery too much. (a flight makes me increase the charge of the S20 from 100% to 98% or even 96 on a very long flight.
For me, it's a good compromise, lightness, portability and ultra-fast assembly.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain