Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Maybe the best 7" now 8" tablet for drone flying? TRIPLTEK

One reviewer claimed it would not run the EVO II App. Said it would lag or totally lock up. Also said they are working on a fix. Captain Drone said it was a easy fix but I have yet to find any info on a fix.
Just thought I would throw that out there if you are considering this unit for a larger display.

If you know what the fix is please post it in the comments.
Thanks

No problem throughout the flight. I have now been using an S10 + since May and without any overheating problem even during + 30 ° this summer.
I happily swapped my Samsung tablets for the S10 +.
Admittedly the screen is smaller, but what a pleasure to see the return of the image even in direct sunlight.
What I was wrong with tablets even with a sun visor.

Yes, there is a fix for the explorer app, simply a matter of watching the 2nd video. Autel is working on it...it's not a problem with the monitor, has to do with Google security or something. Easy fix.
I went ahead and ordered one. I did have a Crystal Sky 5" that I had rooted and installed the explorer app on, and while it worked fine, it is old tech, old android and even though I rooted it....it is DJI tech, and still has limitations that I dislike. I will not be giving DJI anymore of my hard earned money anymore. They are an evil company, who happen to make excellent, locked down drones. (ok, enough of that)
I also have a Samsung Note 8 that I use, (bought it refurbished from Amazon....phone is perfect condition, way cheaper than buying a new one) dedicated to drone use, and that one has one of the brightest phone screens, if not the brightest. It works great too, even in direct sun....but I will give this a go and once it comes in will report back here. I will NOT be mounting it with the built in holder on the evo controller, it would make it far too front heavy to be comfortable in use, especially since I have the Alientech booster on there too. The 3d printed mount I have connects to the RC handles, has a ball joint, so you can basically use any ball joint tablet holder. Will post pictures once I get it. These tablets are back ordered, since someone there figured out that they would be great for drone use and a bunch of reviews just came out for them. I looked at them before, but they were just way too expensive to swallow. It is still expensive, but given the fact that you could drop a sim card into the tablet and use it as a phone is a bonus. The only thing missing from this beast is a video out. I think they would sell more of them if it had that. Stay tuned.

Reactions: Nothin2see
Mine just arrived today at post office, picking up Monday. The only problem originaldobo was having was Google play protect, have to disable it for autel explorer and this tablet and the the app runs like butter. It's downside is 720p, but thats all the live view is anyway, other than that it's a total powerhouse, 10 cores, 6gb of ram and a Sim card slot and built like a tank, can't think of any other consumer tablet on the market right now with a decacore in it, plenty potential for future proofing unlike a crystal sky with a decade old processor in it.

Mine just arrived today at post office, picking up Monday. The only problem originaldobo was having was Google play protect, have to disable it for autel explorer and this tablet and the the app runs like butter. It's downside is 720p, but thats all the live view is anyway, other than that it's a total powerhouse, 10 cores, 6gb of ram and a Sim card slot and built like a tank, can't think of any other consumer tablet on the market right now with a decacore in it, plenty potential for future proofing unlike a crystal sky with a decade old processor in it.

Nice specs

What doesn't sit right with me is why use Android 8, when 10 is out and about. Will it get an update to newer versions? When?

What doesn't sit right with me is why use Android 8, when 10 is out and about. Will it get an update to newer versions? When?

From another user who emailed them.
"So first, re: Android OS updates, Aurora stated, "The software on the tablet is Android 8.1 because right now is the most stable Android version for military use. All the drone manufactures recommend android 4.4 and up. So you will not have any problems with futures updates" and "The Android version of the tablet will be updated in the future to keep the Tablet working with the Drone APPs updates."

Reactions: Ansia
Time will tell if this is as good as we hope. Once we get more reviews in that is. The specs are a beast for a tablet. Comparing to the Crystal Sky, it beats it on everything spec wise, except for video out, and maybe dual memory slots, but there is a bunch of internal memory. I wonder if the internal battery is changeable, in the case it goes bad over time. I also have no idea how long the warranty is on these tablets.
@Seated_Perspectives give us an overveiw of your thoughts when you go and pick up the tablet please!!

Reactions: Seated_Perspectives
I had emailed them today as I was interested if it supported most standard sim cards as I am in the market for a new phone and buying one of these for tablet and a large phone could justify the cost. (remember I am in Canada so I would be looking at close to a grand after exchange and duties.) Aurora answered my email in a couple of hours here on a Sunday so that was a bonus point for them. He\she said it supports all sim cards and also has adaptors for others that might not be so popular.

Time will tell if this is as good as we hope. Once we get more reviews in that is. The specs are a beast for a tablet. Comparing to the Crystal Sky, it beats it on everything spec wise, except for video out, and maybe dual memory slots, but there is a bunch of internal memory. I wonder if the internal battery is changeable, in the case it goes bad over time. I also have no idea how long the warranty is on these tablets.
@Seated_Perspectives give us an overveiw of your thoughts when you go and pick up the tablet please!

Alright, first impression, it is built like a tank, military quality all the way, definitely one of the most rugged devices I've seen. Solid build quality all the way around, I feel like I could throw it at the wall and it will be just fine. Just ran the first benchmark with geek bench....somethings goofy here.... Here's a shot of my Galaxy S20 tests next to the Tripltex:

Some majorly weak or possibly flawed benchmarks, chances could be high none of these benchmark programs have accounted properly for this CPU but it was definitely working the CPU hard because she warmed up good. It's a cloudy day here today so I can't get a proper feel for how it is in direct sunlight. These results could just be geek bench related because geek bench also only shows 3.7Gb of ram but CPU-Z correctly shows 5684mb. ?‍♂️
It's a fully legit fully unlocked Android phone as well, put my simcard from total wireless in it and it worked fine. Comes with a nice leather hand cradle as well that would make it very convenient as a phone. All in all as far as tablets go you are getting the toughest device I've ever laid hands on. As far as battery life goes...its only at 64%, the screen stays on all the time and it shows 2 and half days left, Battery life not gonna be an issue.

Attachments

• IMG_20201026_094926.jpg
    IMG_20201026_094926.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20201026_094946.jpg
    IMG_20201026_094946.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20201026-101147.png
    Screenshot_20201026-101147.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20201026-102118.png
    Screenshot_20201026-102118.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Reactions: Quad808
Bro...LOL, we BOTH live in Hawaii....I am on Oahu.
Shoots, didn't even see that! Yea, I figure if it work out here with this sun it will work anywhere. I edited that post above with some screenshots and benchmark info.

UPDATE:

So I did a little more digging, here's the processor in it:

Manufacture lists it as only being able to address up to 4gb of ram, that might explain the geekbench result. It would appear that 2gb of its 6gb of ram is simply wasted and unusable for the cpu. Its a 4 year old processor, the only devices sold with it in it are some $150 Chinese phones on aliexspress and banggoods.

Running a pcmark android on it now and it is not looking good, showing about 1/3rd the score of my Galaxy S20....running again just to be sure.

So is this a total powerhouse of a tablet? no, I was wrong thinking 10 cores is some powerhouse of a processor, its not and just know it might have 6gb of ram in it but the processor can only address 4gb.

Still, it's light years faster than a crystal sky, far tougher and half the price, its a good purchase, just know what your getting, it will do all you ask of it app wise but chances are high the phone you are holding will be more powerful but it certainly won't be this bright or rugged.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quad808
Heavy and bulky. The Samsung S10 + and S20, also 1200 nits and is easier to carry and fits in the pocket!
1603786123281.png
1603786172083.png
Non of them cant reach even 1000 nits acording gsmarena.com tests above
But You are right I was using iPad mini 4 for some time - now switched to Huawey P30 Pro and picture is not even to be compared in bright sunny day
I assume newer Samsung phone will be even better If You can afford them :( ;)
1603786419894.png

Reactions: gamayun
View attachment 8872
View attachment 8873
Non of them cant reach even 1000 nits acording gsmarena.com tests above
But You are right I was using iPad mini 4 for some time - now switched to Huawey P30 Pro and picture is not even to be compared in bright sunny day
I assume newer Samsung phone will be even better If You can afford them :( ;)
View attachment 8874
I have found from time to time that gsmarena.com doesn't always have accurate information.

On another note, I have found that the brightest Samsung phone has been the Note 8, with 1,200 nits.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d