Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Maybe the best 7" now 8" tablet for drone flying? TRIPLTEK

A couple differences
8" Pro vs 7" Pro

Twice the internal memory - 256gb vs 128gb
Waterproof IP68 closed flaps - splash resistant
Dustproof IP68 closed flaps
Resolution - 2560x1600 vs 1280x720
Battery mah - 12200 vs 10000
Camera - 21mp vs 13
Android OS - 10 vs 9
SD card size - 1tb vs 256gb

A couple differences
8" Pro vs 7" Pro

Twice the internal memory - 256gb vs 128gb
Waterproof IP68 closed flaps - splash resistant
Dustproof IP68 closed flaps
Resolution - 2560x1600 vs 1280x720
Battery mah - 12200 vs 10000
Camera - 21mp vs 13
Android OS - 10 vs 9
SD card size - 1tb vs 256gb

Yepper, website highlights all those, very nice improvements.... especially liked the resolution... huge improvement.
Still wondering, if core improved: CPU & GPU.
When websites don't indicate generally indicates not a strong feature.

Overall a nice tablet to add to gear... was close to purchasing the 7", glad held off a bit.

Reactions: Junior
I would get the tablet if it had more nits. however, I think I may wait for the next version since the first version works great for me already.

I would get the tablet if it had more nits. however, I think I may wait for the next version since the first version works great for me already.

Good point since both have same nit rating, although resolution doubled with larger screen.

May be useful in comparison...
I have the Crystal Scan 1000 nit and Ultrabright @ 2000 nit.
Not used much now due to SW limitations & performance.

The difference between the 2 was noticeable, but marginally better in bright sunlight. The UB ran much hotter too, degrading performance as heat increased, and had a full motherboard replacement to improve heat management & failure. The price of the 2000 nit UB didn't justify the gain.

Difference between iPad Pro and 1000 nit is much more apparent... major functionality improvement. I found increasing brightness above 1000-1400 nit, isn't as noticeable or beneficial over performance and heat management. Until screen technology improves, brightness may not improve significantly while the other variables improve.

If Processor & GPU improved... which is suggested in the video displaying the 3D graphics smoothness... would be a significant upgrade.

The new T8 PRO CPU is about 12% faster than the 7 PRO and about 75% faster than the 6GB, the larger improvement has been done on the GPU, now is about 35% faster and more 3D capable than the 7 PRO and about 3 times faster than the 6GB

The new T8 PRO CPU is about 12% faster than the 7 PRO and about 75% faster than the 6GB, the larger improvement has been done on the GPU, now is about 35% faster and more 3D capable than the 7 PRO and about 3 times faster than the 6GB
Great to hear!
That helps get the order started.

Why aren’t you providing that on the Website spec‘s for the T8? Those 2 improvements are worthwhile advertising.

In ordering… is there a anti-glare screen cover in kit, or need to purchase separately on site?

The listed Tripod mount, will that work with MavMount… assuming yes.

Ordered!

Last edited:
In ordering… is there a anti-glare screen cover in kit, or need to purchase separately on site?

The listed Tripod mount, will that work with MavMount… assuming yes.
The T8 PRO Display has an antiglare coating. We are also adding an antiglare screen protector, you will have the option to keep it without it or install it.

Reactions: Quad808
Looking forward to this new tablet. Looks like quite an improvement, lighter, faster....will see.

Spec's are generically the same other than thickness & weight.
Sent them email for more technical information... which CPU, GPU, Radio Freq's, etc. Is it an improvement over 7" or essentially the same?

I do like it better than 7"... thinner, android 10, Ram and support for larger MicroSD card.
The 7 Pro gave me the option to upgrade to Android 10 right away so I did.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
Adding the mini HDMI port would have been a costly compromise against the display design, weight, and width of the unit. We opted out of including it to favor building a more ergonomic and lighter unit, with an upgraded display, relying on the capabilities of the system to Cast the screen wireless to computers, smartTV/monitors, and google chromecast.

Adding the mini HDMI port would have been a costly compromise against the display design, weight, and width of the unit. We opted out of including it to favor building a more ergonomic and lighter unit, with an upgraded display, relying on the capabilities of the system to Cast the screen wireless to computers, smartTV/monitors, and google chromecast.
I agree.with Eagle928. should have added HDMI, casting sucks, that and a built in 1/4-20 tripod thread screw, also there was no reason to go bigger with the screen.. all we needed was some weight reduction.. 7 inch was plenty big enough.. just my opinion..

Casting, if setup properly with the right module works pretty good with minimal lag, but there is always some lag. Not optimal, as compared to video out, but it works well.

would be nice if the tripltek tablets (particularly the 7") will work with the new nano and lite rc. I would really hate to go back to using a mobile phone to fly an autel drone. I think we need correct brackets and cabling, correct?

would be nice if the tripltek tablets (particularly the 7") will work with the new nano and lite rc. I would really hate to go back to using a mobile phone to fly an autel drone. I think we need correct brackets and cabling, correct?
I don't see why it wouldn't work, just the same as it does now. Not sure if the new Autel RC's are all USB-C connections or not.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy