Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Maybe the best 7" now 8" tablet for drone flying? TRIPLTEK

*UPDATE* on the Tripltek issue on playing back high resolution video files. Tripltek sent me some info on what program to use that will bypass the issue that is causing this problem. (glitchy playback, or no playback of high resolution video files) There is an app called Total Commander (free) that will playback the files. I just tested this, and its working good. Total Commander is a file app for accessing your files saved on the tablet, not just a video player. (it has one built in to Total Commander, which uses different files/codecs for file playback than the native Android apps)
This is great news. We know its not a hardware issue, and Tripltek is continuing to work this problem. Thanks Tripltek!!

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but has anyone had any luck getting HDMI out via an adapter?

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but has anyone had any luck getting HDMI out via an adapter?
This tablet won't do video output via the USB-C port connected to an external monitor. And if you are thinking you could use a USB-C hub to try to have video out and video in via an RC at the same time, no way that will work.

Reactions: SARty
This tablet won't do video output via the USB-C port connected to an external monitor. And if you are thinking you could use a USB-C hub to try to have video out and video in via an RC at the same time, no way that will work.

Thanks for replying. Tripltek confirmed the same and gave me the impression it's not on their roadmap, or even radar for that matter. It's too bad, as it forces many agencies, companies, and individuals to stick with the smart controllers when this would otherwise do.

I think most of us would like a tablet with HDMI output, but you can always cast the screen to another monitor with a casting dongle. I did some testing on some various ones, and found that the Microsoft dongle does a really good job with minimal lag. Its currently on sale: Buy Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - Microsoft Store
This shows you the lag time between the tablet, (bottom) and the display hooked up to the MS Display Adapter.
The 2nd picture shows the lag between the Microsoft 4k Display Adapter and the tablet. Not recommended. Its super lag city. Buy the 4K Wireless Display Adapter - Microsoft Store

*and if you are thinking, on buying the MS 4k casting Display adapter, since...well...it says 4k? Tested the tablet running Plex, connected to my Plex server, playing a 1080P movie stream on the tablet...the MS wireless display adapter looks way better than the MS 4k one, and almost zero lag. Stay away from the 4k adapter.

Attachments

• 20211024_085330.jpg
    20211024_085330.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20211024_090304.jpg
    20211024_090304.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
  • Love
I think most of us would like a tablet with HDMI output, but you can always cast the screen to another monitor with a casting dongle. I did some testing on some various ones, and found that the Microsoft dongle does a really good job with minimal lag. Its currently on sale: Buy Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - Microsoft Store
This shows you the lag time between the tablet, (bottom) and the display hooked up to the MS Display Adapter.
The 2nd picture shows the lag between the Microsoft 4k Display Adapter and the tablet. Not recommended. Its super lag city. Buy the 4K Wireless Display Adapter - Microsoft Store

*and if you are thinking, on buying the MS 4k casting Display adapter, since...well...it says 4k? Tested the tablet running Plex, connected to my Plex server, playing a 1080P movie stream on the tablet...the MS wireless display adapter looks way better than the MS 4k one, and almost zero lag. Stay away from the 4k adapter.

Hey Quad, I appreciate the info!

My SAR team needs a solution for using field monitors, goggles, and working with multiple drone brands and models. The Tripltek tablets seem like the answer overall, but getting video out was going to make it or break it as an option. Sub 20 milliseconds is impressive so again, I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. That's more than good enough to fly with, so very good news!

Are there any other shortcomings you've encountered using this setup? Aside from latency, have you had any connection issues or anything along those lines?

It looks like there might be two versions of the non-4k model (p3q-00003 and p3q-00001). Would you mind checking the model number for yours?

Since thst Microsoft adapter uses mirrorcast doesn't that mean all display devices must be hooked up to the same router with wifi access. Easy to do in your living room cause you have home internet but would be a huge pain to do out in the field. Just thinking out loud here, but if all that has not been tested I have doubts that it can work well especially in any kind of emergency environment where things need to be simple and just work.

Last edited:
Since thst Microsoft adapter uses mirrorcast doesn't that mean all display devices must be hooked up to the same router with wifi access. Easy to do in your living room cause you have home internet but would be a huge pain to do out in the field. Just thinking out loud here, but if all that has not been tested I have doubts that it can work well especially in any kind of emergency environment where things need to be simple and just work.
Get Miracast for PC - Microsoft Store No wifi network needed....read here

Hey Quad, I appreciate the info!

My SAR team needs a solution for using field monitors, goggles, and working with multiple drone brands and models. The Tripltek tablets seem like the answer overall, but getting video out was going to make it or break it as an option. Sub 20 milliseconds is impressive so again, I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. That's more than good enough to fly with, so very good news!

Are there any other shortcomings you've encountered using this setup? Aside from latency, have you had any connection issues or anything along those lines?
Just keep in mind, in the field, you will need to supply power to the miracast device via usb, but that's easy now a days with a phone power bank. Of course HDMI out would be best, but this is more than usable like this.
The one I just tested is p3q-00001. Give it a try...hope this will work for your team...worth a shot.

Update.

Today I received a Wireless Update to my Tripltek 8 that solves the Compass issue!

I am being in contact with tripltetek for the last week and they listened! Finally, it works fine.

Did you guys receive the update!

Reactions: PingSpike
Update.

Today I received a Wireless Update to my Tripltek 8 that solves the Compass issue!

I am being in contact with tripltetek for the last week and they listened! Finally, it works fine.

Update.

How do I go about getting that update. Sorry to ask but I'm new. Thank you.

Here is a video of the wireless HDMI output solution Quad808 was referring

I'm assuming this video was produced by @TRIPLTEK. Unfortunately, "no lag whatsoever" is not an accurate statement. The lag is very perceptible in this video, especially when he rotates the screen vertically. Filming both screens with a stopwatch on them is the way to go.

Attachments

• 20211024_085330.jpg
    20211024_085330.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 3
You already have this information from the Quad888 post
Yes, but you'll notice the lag is pronounced in Tripltek's video. From the looks of it, I'm guessing the lag visible when they rotate the screen vertically is over 500 milliseconds.

I don't know how much the device being cast to plays a part.

Wanted to add that I think this is a decent workaround for some situations. Mine is Public Safety and I'm not convinced yet that it will be up to that task.

Last edited:
Yes, but you'll notice the lag is pronounced in Tripltek's video. From the looks of it, I'm guessing the lag visible when they rotate the screen vertically is over 500 milliseconds.

I don't know how much the device being cast to plays a part.

Wanted to add that I think this is a decent workaround for some situations. Mine is Public Safety and I'm not convinced yet that it will be up to that task.
Just keep in mind I have tested several casting devices...NONE have zero lag, it just won't happen with this kind of tech. The Microsoft casting dongle has the lowest latency I have found in testing.
For very in close flying, where space around the drone is at a minimum? I wouldn't use any casting dongle, but in normal flying where you have time to react....It shouldn't be a problem. Remember that you can cast directly to a smart TV or similar device without using any casting device. The tablet has it built in, but even doing that there is some lag. I will see if I can do that today and take a screen shot of the stop watch app...casting from the tablet to a TV. With and without the MS dongle. I am curious to see if there will be a difference.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo