Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Has anyone had problems getting Autel Robotics support to reply to their request for help?

Steverino

Reaction score
Two weeks ago, I emailed Autel Robotics tech support about my water damaged EVO II. I got the automated reply that said a support representative would be contacting me soon. I didn't hear anything so after about 4 days I sent another email. Still nothing. After 10 days, I sent yet another email, still nothing. Now it's been two weeks and I have sent them a fourth email and I'm not hold my breath waiting for a reply. Is this normal? It's frustrating as hell.

This has not been my experience in the past. Maybe they gave up on giving support to their customers, IDK. I have been a loyal customer from the beginning and have purchased 3 X-Start Premiums, 3 EVO Is and 3 EVO IIs over the past two and a half years. The lack of communication from support make me want to switch to DJI and if I don't hear from them soon, I will.

Same here, I emailed every channel of theirs and got one response. I sent them the video and then nothing, radio silence. Their support is terrible, Dji support outshines them by far.

Reactions: jorgedlt and G_G
Two weeks ago, I emailed Autel Robotics tech support about my water damaged EVO II. I got the automated reply that said a support representative would be contacting me soon. I didn't hear anything so after about 4 days I sent another email. Still nothing. After 10 days, I sent yet another email, still nothing. Now it's been two weeks and I have sent them a fourth email and I'm not hold my breath waiting for a reply. Is this normal? It's frustrating as hell.

This has not been my experience in the past. Maybe they gave up on giving support to their customers, IDK. I have been a loyal customer from the beginning and have purchased 3 X-Start Premiums, 3 EVO Is and 3 EVO IIs over the past two and a half years. The lack of communication from support make me want to switch to DJI and if I don't hear from them soon, I will.
I believe with the new drones coming out they might be a bit overwhelmed they were slow to respond to my requests for help with my new nano+ but they did resolve my issues.

Reactions: jamess336
About a month ago, I contacted their support email about a problem after the most recent firmware update for the EVO Pro 2 v2 and they responded the same day and said to send the drone and controller. I sent it in and they turned it around the same day. Works great again.

I contacted support last week. I heard back within a couple of days.

Autel is not answer their phones. Seems they are short staffed or overwhelmed. I too phoned and wrote for 2 weeks. I finally heard from them, with apologies, and had my service issues successfully resolved.

A little over 2 weeks for me to get an email response . Could not get through by phone. My problem was rectified promptly when communication opened up. I'm guessing they are just short staffed or overwhelmed.

Reactions: G_G
I really don't understand why support won't answer me. It's been 3 weeks now and I've sent several emails. It's really discouraging and it makes me think maybe Autel Robotics can't or won't support their products and their customers. I guess I'll give them another week. But if they won't reply to me after a month, I'll sell my Autel Robotics drones and switch to DJI. I don't mind waiting 2 or 3 days to get a reply but 3 or four weeks without a single reply to any of my emails is just ridiculous and uncalled for.

Autel is not answer their phones. Seems they are short staffed or overwhelmed. I too phoned and wrote for 2 weeks. I finally heard from them, with apologies, and had my service issues successfully resolved.
I heard Covid affected them so email is best I heard.

I really don't understand why support won't answer me. It's been 3 weeks now and I've sent several emails. It's really discouraging and it makes me think maybe Autel Robotics can't or won't support their products and their customers. I guess I'll give them another week. But if they won't reply to me after a month, I'll sell my Autel Robotics drones and switch to DJI. I don't mind waiting 2 or 3 days to get a reply but 3 or four weeks without a single reply to any of my emails is just ridiculous and uncalled for.
I email them on Thursday and got an answer yesterday.

I have an X-star that developed a problem with not holding altitude after a firmware update, I and others have asked for help on this matter, they did reply with the answer, we don’t support the X-Star any more and could give me a discount on a new drone, It makes me sad that I will have to recycle my drone. ( I’ve since bought a DJI drone).

I just sent support the email below. I don't really expect to receive a reply but I'm still hoping.

Hi,

I emailed support back on January 10th and received the automated reply(below) and my case was assigned ticket# 216616. I sent two follow up more emails several days later and did not receive a reply. After a couple of weeks, I suspected something might be wrong with my request so I started over and sent a new email and my case was assigned ticket# 216616. Of course you can merge these tickets or delete one since they are both for the same issue.
>>>>>>>>>>>

It’s not been over three weeks since I opened a support ticket and I haven’t received a single reply, other than the initial automated reply. I really want to get my drone fixed and I don’t understand why it’s taking so long just to get a reply. I realize support is busy, but having to wait over three weeks just to get a reply is ridiculous. What can I do to get the ball rolling? I would like to send the drone in but I need the intake form. I tried using one from a previous support ticket, but the form link has expired. Please let me know something. If you can no longer provide support, let me know that and I will move on.

Thank you,
Steve Smith

I just sent support the email below. I don't really expect to receive a reply but I'm still hoping.

Hi,

I emailed support back on January 10th and received the automated reply(below) and my case was assigned ticket# 216616. I sent two follow up more emails several days later and did not receive a reply. After a couple of weeks, I suspected something might be wrong with my request so I started over and sent a new email and my case was assigned ticket# 216616. Of course you can merge these tickets or delete one since they are both for the same issue.
>>>>>>>>>>>

It’s not been over three weeks since I opened a support ticket and I haven’t received a single reply, other than the initial automated reply. I really want to get my drone fixed and I don’t understand why it’s taking so long just to get a reply. I realize support is busy, but having to wait over three weeks just to get a reply is ridiculous. What can I do to get the ball rolling? I would like to send the drone in but I need the intake form. I tried using one from a previous support ticket, but the form link has expired. Please let me know something. If you can no longer provide support, let me know that and I will move on.

Thank you,
Steve Smith
Hi, this is the email i am currently getting hold of them on.
[email protected]
[email protected]

Last week I wrote [email protected]. No response. Two days later I wrote them again. No response.

Yesterday I called them. I was first in line. A few minutes later I was asked if I wanted a callback. I opted for this. They never called.

What is one to do?

Open question: Is there anyone else in America who could fix a Gimbal issue? For example, there are plenty of 3rd party shops that repair Nikon & Canon cameras. Might there be something like this for Autel drones?

For all US customers please make sure you are using the correct contact info.
  • United States
  • Toll-free: (844) MY AUTEL or (844) 692-88 35
  • Email: [email protected]
  • 22522 29th Dr SE, Ste 101, Bothell, WA 98021, United States
  • For Enterprise support, please contact us via
    Email: [email protected]
  • Toll-free: (844) 460-0454
US support has been hit hard in January with another round of COVID and they have been extremely impacted by this and currently working through the backlog.

Thank you!

Last week I wrote [email protected]. No response. Two days later I wrote them again. No response.

Yesterday I called them. I was first in line. A few minutes later I was asked if I wanted a callback. I opted for this. They never called.

What is one to do?

Open question: Is there anyone else in America who could fix a Gimbal issue? For example, there are plenty of 3rd party shops that repair Nikon & Canon cameras. Might there be something like this for Autel drones?
Unfortunately no. You will have to send it in for repair.

I contacted them a couple of days ago about a video flickering problem tried calling back today I received a message recorded saying that support has been closed until Monday February 14th because of a high volume of support calls

Autel Service update .....
I posted earlier regarding in inability to contact Autel regarding a defective battery. Just to let everyone know that Autel sent me a new battery ... promptly ...no charge, prepaid once communications opened up...

Sick and tired of waiting for help from Customers Service that don't exist at all.
Subject: Non Existent customer service, my words falling on deaf ears.

Dear Sir,

Ever since I got both my Autel EVO2 Pro drones I have been begging for those changes to slow down those Jerky moves that ruin the video footage.

I have been asking to give us the choice to dial-in from 1 second to 8 seconds delayed, gradual picking up camera movement and the drone.

We are not Drag Racing but Video taping and any Jerky Video Movements cause Dizziness to the viewer.

We have been the Field Lab for Autel, listen to us and help us with what we need !

More and more people are covering up for Autel and its Non Existent Customers Support, they too are back stabbing Autel, not helping.

**--** Its high time the Autel CEO gets our message and does the needful to correct these issues. The CEO needs to fire some of their Top Goonies and give them bonusses to go join DJI and in stead run them out of business !

I have been waiting for help for months and they keep playing games and delay tactics in the hope your warranty runs out !

**--** Thanks to your customers support playing games now, I feel you should extend my warranty for another 6 to 8 months, charge your Goonies in customers support for that !

I have two EVO2 Pro and still waiting for a simple patch to re-vert back to previous Firmware.

*-* Firmware updates usually result in customized settings being rolled back to default in many technological platforms.

*--* The Autel EVO2 Pro is indeed a Flagship drone with minor glitches like,

A. Video feed freezing up forcing the mission to be aborted, to re-boot !

The stated range of 9km is not even relatively close.
In a flat open area I managed to only get a fraction of all these.
The signal strength is also quite poor, at 1,000-1600 feet away I was frequently losing signal.
The drone disconnected, flew itself into a Tree while attempting to return to home the " Yellow Cancel " box is far too small to press in time when you are panicking ! !

B. In cold weather the drone at times stops taking 12 picture Panoramas, video freezes and forced to abandon mission.

C. Right after the drone completes taking Panoramic pictures it should ask, do you want to continue to the next Panoramic or Stitch the images. If I don’t respond within 6 to 8 seconds it should be ready to take another set of Panoramic pictures

D. Connectivity issues, GPS far too slow to lock - on ! The GPS fails to lock on for another 1 to 2 minutes and I find myself waving the remote with my hands raised up and walking around looking like a fool.

**--** To prove to you all A “ Super Smart Remote ” with 7 inch LCD, built-in Hood and shoulder strap and editing capabilities cost $300, the remote battery lasts

5 times longer unlike your Autel remote that needs constant charging..

Why such a great rip off from DJI and now Autel $1200 to $1600 just by saying “ Smart controller ” no different than stamping “ Organic ” and jacking up the price by 6 to 8 times with food prices. That’s pretty much the same price as the drone itself !

**--** Why encourage a company to fool us, who don't even stand behind their product and customers service Non Existent.

E. They conned us first by saying 40 minutes flying time when it was really 31 to 32 minutes.

F. After getting the drone in the right location and ready to take a 12 picture Panorama suddenly the image on the LCD freezes and turns BW forcing me to abort the mission to simply Re-Boot before continuing !

Autel's stitching program has major flows and does damage to our Panorama's.

A lot of time in cold weather I click on the 12 picture Panorama mode to " Go " Nothing happens at times. Half the times the Panorama pictures are not captured.

G. I was forced to give up video capture due to Jerky Movements, a good way to get viewer feel drunk and feel dizzy.

What's the point if you can't control the drone the way you want it?
* * It surely has a good build, the remote could have been far better designed and the color's are great.
* * The lack of precise slow and gradual pick-up of speed and panning control is what
kills this " Flagship Drone " ! !

H. I have been asking to give us a video feed with a small “ Plane ” to show us in real time where the drone is pointing as oppose to our remote LCD all the time so as to avoid mistakes and accidents.

* *Techniques to use command inputs to determine the aircraft's' orientation from a distance.

Autel customers service want to harass me by sending in two complete Autel EVO2 Pro. Refuse to offer a pre-paid return label even when I am in warranty and gone through months of harassments and lack of support.

**--** Then they want to send me a verification code to check on my Email, when I replied they were silent for days again.

Don't let these Goonies them get away.

Please forward this message to your Autel CEO to act upon !

**--** I'm just trying my level best to save Autel from going out of business ! !

**---** Don't hurt me for cut my hand that is trying to help you

Thank you.
Best regards,
Ajay Madan

** March 7th message and still waiting for a Patch to revert back to previous Firmware and two EVO-2 Pro turned useless, now !

**__** March 18th 2022
Sent the above message to all the previous Emails but added the Chinese Customer support Email too.
China HQ Support Team<[email protected]>

**--** Just got another message from Chinese Customers support within 30 to 40 minutes:
Greetings from Support Team,

Hello Vdomemorie,
We would like to acknowledge that we have received your request and a ticket has been created.
A support Agent will be reviewing your request and will respond to you soon.(usually within 24 hours on a business day).

Thank you for your patience.
Sincerely,
Customer Support Team

Your Ticket #1511080

Please note this Email is Fake [email protected]. to fool us off.

Attachments

• DSC_5429 Sm.jpg
    DSC_5429 Sm.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • DSC_5455 Sm.jpg
    DSC_5455 Sm.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: Maim01 and jorgedlt

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.