Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is it time to switch to DJI because of a lack of support?

Steverino

Reaction score
I am in the market for a new drone because my EVO II Pro crashed in the river. I wanted to replace it with a refurbished EVO II Pro but they are out of stock and apparently the new ones are out of stock also.

Ive been a loyal Autel Robotics Robotics customer since the X-Star Premium was released, I'm now thinking of switching to DJI because I'm concerned about the future of Aitel Robotics. The last few times I needed tech support it literally took weeks and several emails to get a reply.

I can't even replace my drone or get an answer from tech support and I'm growing impatient. With each passing day, I'm having second thoughts about investing this much money in a drone if the company can't support it.

I suspect others here have had similar experiences and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Do you think the problems with Alltel Robotics are temporary or, is it a sign of the way things are going to be from here on? This is been going on for at least a couple of months. I realize they are extremely short staffed but you would think they could hire some extra people if they are serious about the drone business.

I've been trying to get an answer from tech support for over a week now and I've decided to give them one more week before I move to DJI to get my replacement drone. You would think they wouldn't want to lose long-term customers who give them repeat business but it appears that's not a priority for them. However, I'm hoping they will come through for me so I can continue to be in Autel Robotics customer because I have really enjoyed their drones. We will see.

Reactions: uas_gian
They aren't responding. I emailed them three weeks ago and chased them up twice but didn't even get an acknowledgement. This isn't how an efficient business behaves. I fear the worst for them and will be looking elsewhere, probably to Yuneec, for my next drone, which is sad because Autel had the potential to be a major player.

My letter to Autel after months of complaining and no help !

Subject: Non Existent customer service, my words falling on deaf ears.

Dear Sir,
Ever since I got both my Autel EVO2 Pro drones I have been begging for those changes to slow down those Jerky moves that ruin the video footage.

I have been asking to give us the choice to dial-in from 1 second to 8 seconds delayed, gradual picking up camera movement and the drone.
We are not Drag Racing but Video taping and any Jerky Video Movements cause Dizziness to the viewer.

We have been the Field Lab for Autel, listen to us and help us with what we need !

More and more people are covering up for Autel and its Non Existent Customers Support, they too are back stabbing Autel, not helping.

**--** Its high time the Autel CEO gets our message and does the needful to correct these issues. The CEO needs to fire some of their Top Goonies and give them bonusses to go join DJI and in stead run them out of business !

I have been waiting for help for months and they keep playing games and delay tactics in the hope your warranty runs out !

**--** Thanks to your customers support playing games now, I’ll feel you should extend my warranty for another 6 months, charge your Goonies in customers support for that !

I have two EVO2 Pro and still waiting for a simple patch to re-vert back to previous Firmware.

*-* Firmware updates usually result in customized settings being rolled back to default in many technological platforms.

*--* The Autel EVO2 Pro is indeed a Flagship drone with minor glitches like,

A. Video feed freezing up forcing the mission to be aborted, to re-boot !

B. In cold weather the drone at times stops taking 12 picture Panoramics., video freezes and forced to abandon mission.

C. Right after the drone completes taking Panoramic pictures it should ask, do you want to continue to the next Panoramic or Stitch the images. If I don’t respond within 6 to 8 seconds it should be ready to take another set of Panoramic pictures

D. GPS far too slow to lock - on ! The GPS fails to lock on for another 1 to 2 minutes and I find myself waving the remote with my hands raised up and walking around looking like a fool.

**--** To prove to you all A “ Super Smart Remote ” with 7 inch LCD, built-in Hood and shoulder strap and editing capabilities cost $300, the remote battery lasts 5 times longer unlike your remote.

Why such a great rip off from DJI and now Autel $1200 to $1600 just by saying “ Smart controller ” no different than stamping “ Organic ” and jacking up the price by 6 to 8 times with food prices. That’s pretty much the same price as the drone itself !

**--** Why encourage a company to fool us, who don't even stand behind their product and customers service Non Existent.

E. They conned us first by saying 40 minutes flying time when it was really 31 to 32 minutes.

F. After getting the drone in the right location and ready to take a 12 picture Panorama suddenly the image on the LCD freezes and turns BW forcing me to abort the mission to simply Re-Boot before continuing !
Autel's stitching program has major flows and does damage to our Panorama's.

A lot of time in cold weather I click on the 12 picture Panorama mode to " Go " Nothing happens at times. Half the times the Panorama pictures are not captured.

G. I was forced to give up video capture due to Jerky Movements, a good way to get viewer feel drunk.

H. I have been asking to give us a video feed with a small “ Plane ” to show us in real time where the drone is pointing as oppose to our remote LCD all the time so as to avoid mistakes and accidents.

* *Techniques to use command inputs to determine the aircraft's' orientation from a distance.

Autel customers service want to harass me by sending in two complete Autel EVO2 Pro. Refuse to offer a pre-paid return label even when I am in warranty and gone through months of harassments and lack of support.

**--** Then they want to send me a verification code to check on my Email, when I replied they were silent for days again.

Don't let these Goonies them get away.

Please forward this message to your Autel CEO to act upon !

Thank you.
Best regards,
Ajay Madan

Attachments

• DSC_5455 Sm.jpg
    DSC_5455 Sm.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 22
  • DSC_5429 Sm.jpg
    DSC_5429 Sm.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: Beaver
Buy a used e2p

Dji isnt selling anything I’m interested in
Perhaps, but they do support their products and that's important. Do you really want to invest in an Autel Robotics drone if it's going to take three weeks to get a reply from tech support? What if your drone gets damaged and you need to send it in for repair? Do you really want to wait for three weeks before you can even get the process started? That could put you without a working drone for a couple of months. I don't mind waiting 3 days for an answer to a simple question but three weeks is unacceptable from any drone manufacturer.

do you have a question that the forum can help you with?
I've already asked the first question in this forum and no one knew the answer. I asked if Autel Robotics tech support would repair a water damaged drone. It took three weeks and several emails to different tech support addresses to get an answer. The answer was "no". For three weeks I waited not knowing if I could get my drone repaired or not. All I needed was a one word answer. When I did get an answer, I was offered a 10% discount on a refurbished EVO II which was great. The tech told me to let him know if I wanted to take advantage of that offer. I had to think about it but then emailed a reply and yes. I then asked how to go about getting the discount. Now I'm back to waiting for weeks for a reply to that question. This past weekend, I decided to give them one more week and I still don't get a reply, I'll be jumping ship and replacing my drone with a DJI. I'm really hoping they will come through for me before this week is up, but I'm not holding my breath.

As much as I'm complaining and waiting months for support, we all need to get united by not accepting to get ripped off by Autel Greatest Rip off charging $1200 to $1600 for Not so Smart Controller whereas Typhoon sells a Super Smart Controller with built-in 7 inch LCD, hood and shoulder strap and editing capabilities for $300, please don't get ripped off !

I have always said the Autel EVO2 Pro is a Flagship drone for Autel with minor Stupid issues that Autel refuses to fix, so dumb of them. Lets stick together and force them to cater to us in stead.
Subject: Non Existent customer service, my words falling on deaf ears.

Dear Sir,
Ever since I got both my Autel EVO2 Pro drones I have been begging for those changes to slow down those Jerky moves that ruin the video footage.

I have been asking to give us the choice to dial-in from 1 second to 8 seconds delayed, gradual picking up camera movement and the drone.
We are not Drag Racing but Video taping and any Jerky Video Movements cause Dizziness to the viewer.

We have been the Field Lab for Autel, listen to us and help us with what we need !

More and more people are covering up for Autel and its Non Existent Customers Support, they too are back stabbing Autel, not helping.

**--** Its high time the Autel CEO gets our message and does the needful to correct these issues. The CEO needs to fire some of their Top Goonies and give them bonusses to go join DJI and in stead run them out of business !

I have been waiting for help for months and they keep playing games and delay tactics in the hope your warranty runs out !

**--** Thanks to your customers support playing games now, I’ll feel you should extend my warranty for another 6 months, charge your Goonies in customers support for that !

I have two EVO2 Pro and still waiting for a simple patch to re-vert back to previous Firmware.

*-* Firmware updates usually result in customized settings being rolled back to default in many technological platforms.

*--* The Autel EVO2 Pro is indeed a Flagship drone with minor glitches like,

A. Video feed freezing up forcing the mission to be aborted, to re-boot !

B. In cold weather the drone at times stops taking 12 picture Panoramics., video freezes and forced to abandon mission.

C. Right after the drone completes taking Panoramic pictures it should ask, do you want to continue to the next Panoramic or Stitch the images. If I don’t respond within 6 to 8 seconds it should be ready to take another set of Panoramic pictures

D. GPS far too slow to lock - on ! The GPS fails to lock on for another 1 to 2 minutes and I find myself waving the remote with my hands raised up and walking around looking like a fool.

**--** To prove to you all A “ Super Smart Remote ” with 7 inch LCD, built-in Hood and shoulder strap and editing capabilities cost $300, the remote battery lasts
5 times longer unlike your Autel remote that needs constant charging..

Why such a great rip off from DJI and now Autel $1200 to $1600 just by saying “ Smart controller ” no different than stamping “ Organic ” and jacking up the price by 6 to 8 times with food prices. That’s pretty much the same price as the drone itself !

**--** Why encourage a company to fool us, who don't even stand behind their product and customers service Non Existent.

E. They conned us first by saying 40 minutes flying time when it was really 31 to 32 minutes.

F. After getting the drone in the right location and ready to take a 12 picture Panorama suddenly the image on the LCD freezes and turns BW forcing me to abort the mission to simply Re-Boot before continuing !
Autel's stitching program has major flows and does damage to our Panorama's.

A lot of time in cold weather I click on the 12 picture Panorama mode to " Go " Nothing happens at times. Half the times the Panorama pictures are not captured.

G. I was forced to give up video capture due to Jerky Movements, a good way to get viewer feel drunk.

H. I have been asking to give us a video feed with a small “ Plane ” to show us in real time where the drone is pointing as oppose to our remote LCD all the time so as to avoid mistakes and accidents.

* *Techniques to use command inputs to determine the aircraft's' orientation from a distance.

Autel customers service want to harass me by sending in two complete Autel EVO2 Pro. Refuse to offer a pre-paid return label even when I am in warranty and gone through months of harassments and lack of support.

**--** Then they want to send me a verification code to check on my Email, when I replied they were silent for days again.

Don't let these Goonies them get away.

Please forward this message to your Autel CEO to act upon !

Thank you.
Best regards,
Ajay Madan
March 7th message and still waiting for a Patch to revert back to previous Firmware and two EVO-2 Pro turned useless, now .
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
www.autelpilot.com - BUYER BEWARE - Shame on Autel

Is it time to switch to DJI because of a lack of support?

I had a similar problem of firmware roll back with my Autel X-Star, it’s sat in its box for the last two years

Firmware Glitch? Firmware Glitch?

Unable to fly due to freezing Temp.

Has anyone had problems getting Autel Robotics support to reply to their request for help?

Last update apparently killed the app for my tablet?

No control or telemetry without internet - Evo2Pro v1 + Autel Explorer on Android

EVO II Buyback or Upgrade Plan

A slap in the face by Autel

When installing the firmware one ESC-4 v 0.0.0.0

Attachments

• DSC_5429 Sm.jpg
    DSC_5429 Sm.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: YuKay
Perhaps, but they do support their products and that's important. Do you really want to invest in an Autel Robotics drone if it's going to take three weeks to get a reply from tech support? What if your drone gets damaged and you need to send it in for repair? Do you really want to wait for three weeks before you can even get the process started? That could put you without a working drone for a couple of months. I don't mind waiting 3 days for an answer to a simple question but three weeks is unacceptable from any drone manufacturer.
steve, i agree that no one should have to wait a long time to hear an answer back to a simple question. no doubt about it. did you have autel care on your drone?

Its high time we stick together and get united, don't let the ones covering up for Autel here betray us, that is what Autel wants to keep fooling us and betraying us.
Spread the message all over the world like I did.
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
I even want my Autel warranty extended for another 6 months for their own Goof-off's and delay tactics, that's not all I want them to offer one extra battery for each Autel EVO2 Pro for short changing us and lying to us.

Curious... I have had some minor issues with my EVO II Pro v2 and Lite + and Autel responded within three days in each case. I had to send the EVO II back for repairs and it was returned to me within ten days.

I am in the market for a new drone because my EVO II Pro crashed in the river. I wanted to replace it with a refurbished EVO II Pro but they are out of stock and apparently the new ones are out of stock also.

Ive been a loyal Autel Robotics Robotics customer since the X-Star Premium was released, I'm now thinking of switching to DJI because I'm concerned about the future of Aitel Robotics. The last few times I needed tech support it literally took weeks and several emails to get a reply.

I can't even replace my drone or get an answer from tech support and I'm growing impatient. With each passing day, I'm having second thoughts about investing this much money in a drone if the company can't support it.

I suspect others here have had similar experiences and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Do you think the problems with Alltel Robotics are temporary or, is it a sign of the way things are going to be from here on? This is been going on for at least a couple of months. I realize they are extremely short staffed but you would think they could hire some extra people if they are serious about the drone business.

I've been trying to get an answer from tech support for over a week now and I've decided to give them one more week before I move to DJI to get my replacement drone. You would think they wouldn't want to lose long-term customers who give them repeat business but it appears that's not a priority for them. However, I'm hoping they will come through for me so I can continue to be in Autel Robotics customer because I have really enjoyed their drones. We will see.

I just bought a dji air 2s and semi retired my autel evo 1. I would have preferred an evo 2 but lack of spare parts, support, ect. Sent me to dji. Which isn't perfect either by any stretch. First problem is I needed a phone or tablet with a 64 bit processor to get the dji fly app. The phone I had at the time was 32 bit. So add a couple hundred on to the dji price tag. And that was the cheapest 64 bit phone I could find. Might be cheaper alternatives that I wasn't aware of at the time. But anyway going from autel evo to dji air 2s, second issue is I live near an airport so basically everytime I want to fly in my area I need to unlock a geo zone. The drone will not take off until you so so! It has been self unlocking so far but you have to get on their website and tell them where and when you want to fly. They need the serial number for your drone, your name etc. It seemed very intrusive to me. Also a 400 foot altitude limit. That's the biggest difference to me and why I would have liked to get an evo 2. No geo fencing. But the dji air 2s is an awesome drone and the dji fly app is good too. That's my two cents. To make a long story short.... I would have preferred another evo, but bought a DJI because of autel robotics short comings

If you have never had a Dji you should definitely go for it just for the experience people always ***** about them but there’s service has always been very good to me,

Reading through these posts I can see the frustration a lot of people are having with Autel Robotics.

I don't know what's going on with them but they need to get with the program and do what they promised. That's the deal. We pay a premium price for their drones and they support them on the back end.

They need to spend the money to hire new tech support and build the infrastructure to build more drones. Normally a business thrives when business is good but Autel 'appears' to be doing the opposite.

Oh; and please don't blame it on the scamdemic.

This interview/podcast with Randall Warnas is enlightening. I encourage everyone to watch the entire show but this part about how many drones are sold by DJI, Autel, etc was particularly interesting to me.

I think I would try writing to the BBB with detailed information on how Autel is treating you and not following up on their warranties. There’s power in numbers, if everyone that’s having problems would write to the BBB, you just might be heard. I know the BS you’re going through, I’m a former owner of the Autel Evo II Pro, I had a very hard time getting rid of it and took a bath when I finally did.

Hi, Autel has not been responding to my support emails for a number of weeks now. IMO Autel support has collapsed. DJI support has been more than excellent.

Either Autel does something soon about nonexistent customer support or they should turn out the lights.

Regards,
Richard

Reactions: Eagle928
Hi, Autel has not been responding to my support emails for a number of weeks now. IMO Autel support has collapsed. DJI support has been more than excellent.

Either Autel does something soon about nonexistent customer support or they should turn out the lights.

Regards,
Richard
That may indeed be what happens sadly. It's not what any of us want but if they can't support the product or get parts then it's pretty much done already.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58