Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is it time to switch to DJI because of a lack of support?

Out of frustration I just ordered two DJI drones.
Its been 4 days since I got the DJI Air2 S and can't fly it due to none of my 6 to 7 cell phones are compatible with DJI Go Fly.
Only the very expensive cell phones with 64 bit work in the $800 to 1000 range.
The DJI Air2 has fixed F2.8 therefore you need to use different ND filter's for different lightings or the video will all be washed out !
The second drone is DJI Mini3Pro but on order and waiting.
All that glitters is not " Gold "
first it's autel and now it's dji? seems like advanced electronics including drones and mobile phones are not your thing; have you tried something else less confusing or less technical? have you thought about taking up some other type of recreation that is less advanced? modern electronics can be quite challenging for some folks and if it's over your head, it really is a whole lot less fun.

perhaps you should try something more appropriate for you because i'm going to be honest with you: today's stuff is more super advanced, more buggy, more expensive and there's a ton less support available to make it work correctly and keep it working properly; this is not the 90s. unless you're happy with that concept (and it sounds like you are very unhappy based on your numerous posting complaining about pretty much *everything*), i suggest you could find something else more enjoyable and suitable that doesn't require a whole lot of maintenance and upkeep. gone are the day where you can turn on bluetooth, grab an android phone with cupcake on it, snaps a few photos with a fixed camera, and call it a day.

/s

Its been 4 days since I got the DJI Air2 S and can't fly it due to none of my 6 to 7 cell phones are compatible with DJI Go Fly.
The DJI Air2 has fixed F2.8 therefore you need to use different ND filter's for different lightings or the video will all be washed out !
You'll enjoy the Air2S and Mini 3 Pro. Hope ya have a fun time!

You are correct, most apps both IOS & Android are based on the OS 64 bit architecture. That isn't necessarily the Apps causing, it's more the OS and new programming requirements.

Both Air2S and Mini 3 have fixed Aperture, you'd need to aquire a M2P or M3 to gain adj Aperture.

When I tried calling DJI first of all the phone lines had Muddy sound quality, could hardly understand their Menu.
When after being re-directed the CS rep sound too was very poor.
To me the sound of the phone line sounded like the horrible " Magic Jack " phone line sound !
Yeah, just look at the poor range performance in urban area

When I tried calling DJI first of all the phone lines had Muddy sound quality, could hardly understand their Menu.
When after being re-directed the CS rep sound too was very poor.
To me the sound of the phone line sounded like the horrible " Magic Jack " phone line sound !
At least somebody answered... :))))
Autel cannot say this for sure...
Still waiting for an answer to mails from 2 months ago.
Not to mention that I ordered 4 legs for Evo2, paid, and the stupids canceled the shipping after 3 weeks saying that are out of stock.... And still no refund... I needed to open a dispute to force them...
That attitude for sure will not bring them customers.

I am in the market for a new drone because my EVO II Pro crashed in the river. I wanted to replace it with a refurbished EVO II Pro but they are out of stock and apparently the new ones are out of stock also.

Ive been a loyal Autel Robotics Robotics customer since the X-Star Premium was released, I'm now thinking of switching to DJI because I'm concerned about the future of Aitel Robotics. The last few times I needed tech support it literally took weeks and several emails to get a reply.

I can't even replace my drone or get an answer from tech support and I'm growing impatient. With each passing day, I'm having second thoughts about investing this much money in a drone if the company can't support it.

I suspect others here have had similar experiences and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Do you think the problems with Alltel Robotics are temporary or, is it a sign of the way things are going to be from here on? This is been going on for at least a couple of months. I realize they are extremely short staffed but you would think they could hire some extra people if they are serious about the drone business.

I've been trying to get an answer from tech support for over a week now and I've decided to give them one more week before I move to DJI to get my replacement drone. You would think they wouldn't want to lose long-term customers who give them repeat business but it appears that's not a priority for them. However, I'm hoping they will come through for me so I can continue to be in Autel Robotics customer because I have really enjoyed their drones. We will see.
Go to advexure.com. They have them in stock. Let me know if you get it.

At least somebody answered... :))))
Autel cannot say this for sure...
Still waiting for an answer to mails from 2 months ago.
Not to mention that I ordered 4 legs for Evo2, paid, and the stupids canceled the shipping after 3 weeks saying that are out of stock.... And still no refund... I needed to open a dispute to force them...
That attitude for sure will not bring them customers.
I think they are back up with a new crew! I reached them through chat today and they called me right after we were connected. Give them a try

seems like advanced electronics including drones and mobile phones are not your thing; have you tried something else less confusing or less technical? have you thought about taking up some other type of recreation that is less advanced?
Haha…I second the notion.

I think they are back up with a new crew! I reached them through chat today and they called me right after we were connected. Give them a try
Did you try the chat? Just a couple of minutes after I tried the chat again over days, I got an answer and it freaked me out. I thought I was dreaming, lol. She took care of my issue in no time . Try it and let me know if you get something. They supposedly brought in a whole new crew and set up a whole new support area.

Did you try the chat? Just a couple of minutes after I tried the chat again over days, I got an answer and it freaked me out. I thought I was dreaming, lol. She took care of my issue in no time . Try it and let me know if you get something. They supposedly brought in a whole new crew and set up a whole new support area.
Will give a try...

Message to Autel August 23rd 2022​

Your Customers Service on DJI payroll trying help DJI buy Autel and Shut down Competition for good !​

To,
Autel CEO.
Head Office in China

Dear Sir,
Your " Flagship EVO 2 Pro 6K " is with the right choice of 6K camera that out shines all other DJI drones.
Please, fix all firmware issues until it shines !

* * Accurate Aircraft orientation display on Remote screen is very important ! "

Your Flagship EVO 3 Pro make it switchable from 8K, 6K, 4K and 2.7K "
We need a 10 to 12X Zoom lens and a much superior, Sharper camera with 8K, good enough to be even used in Film Production, Overhead shots, before you call it "Autel EVO 3 Pro Cinematic "
A. It needs 25% to 30% more powerful motors for very windy head wind situation.
B. Your Autel EVO2 Pro standard remote battery constantly needs charging.
C. In Cinematic mode give us the choice to choose gradual delay movement from 0 to 8 seconds at the beginning of each shot and at the ending of each shot ! D. The GPS should lock-in within 15 to 20 seconds of powering up.
E. The Tiny Yellow “ Cancel ” box please make it bigger and come up 20 to 25 seconds before RTH kicks-in !
F. Right after taking Panoramic pictures a box needs to come up and ask “ Stitch ” if I don’t click it the drone should be ready for more Panoramic shots and move-on !
G. Do make the EVO 3 Pro have Fiber arms that are lockable as well as expandable by 1 1/2” , 3” and 4 1/2 inch. for far better stability.
* * 25% to 30% more powerful motors as my Autel EVO 2 Pro refuses to come back even when its 125 feet up and 200 to 250 feet away due to its facing head wind, very windy where I live in the open !
* * Once I open the arms up, never ever fold them back and use propeller guards all the time, no matter what !
H. The Standard remote should come with built-in 7 “ LCD and a price tag no higher than $299, just like the DJI RC comes with 5.5 inch for $300.
Don’t forget to include the two external Antennas.
DJI is facing serious issues as they had built in antennas and causing shorter range due to that.
**--** There is a definite need for a proper “ Smart Remote with 9” LCD built-in “ The screen needs to pivot forwards on Top, a built-in Hood and neck strap.
Please be sure to put a bigger battery 6 to 7 hours. Please don’t over price it. Stand alone Remote $999,
Autel EVO 3 Pro bundle it for $3600 ( DJI RC PLUS SMART CONTROLLER WITH 7-INCH TOUCHSCREEN FOR THE MATRICE 30 (M30) SERIES ) $1600

I have two Autel EVO 2 Pro 6K Flagship drones that Autel has them for weeks and want to Hold me Hostage for $440 due to no fault of mine !
**--** Your firmware designers failed miserably to design Smart Firmware the will not load up on wrong devices with built-in Safety Checks !
The Firmware designer is another story for He or She failed to help support your " Flagship EVO 2 Pro " High time you please look into these issues.
Many customers are facing this Firmware issues due to wrong firmware being put right next to the right one. I was real careful downloading the software and both files (one that contaminated my controller and the new files after talking to Autel) are identical with the same name and size.
Loading the smart controller on the regular controller should not have been possible at all !
**--** I have never seen a situation where software can be loaded on the wrong hardware. A hardware check to assure compatibility is the first part of any software upgrade .
But....same programmers probably as for Autel Explorer, no practical thinking with safety protocols.
**--** Come to think of it, how can firmware update damage or break the main PC board on both my remotes, how ?
Sadly my both Autel EVO2 Pro got stunned with firmware and after sending them both to Autel:
Just got a message from Autel Invoice #D7176 : Order summary Labor × 1 2 hours $120.00 EVO II Aircraft - Bottom Shell Orange - Complete Assembly × 2 $50.00 EVO II RC - Mainboard PCB × 2 $270.00 Subtotal $440.00 Shipping $0.00 Total $440.00 USD

Something wrong here, the filthy games continue, cover up after cover up. Both my drones are like " New" without any damage other than just last firmware that stunned my drones, . The remote power refused to shut down, forcing me to open the remotes to disconnect the battery to save my remote battery !

Thank you for taking your time to read this message.

Best regards,
Ajay Madan

PS: One battery suddenly stopped working, I had even sent the Invoice- in.
They don't even mention about replacing it !
**--** Please over night both my Autel EVO 2 Pro 6

Attachments

• g964CPRC000-o_other0.jpg
    g964CPRC000-o_other0.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 2
As a retired (52 years within the computer industry), I have never encountered any software uploads that did not verify the host hardware before any software installation. For Autel not to do do this with their firmware updates is unforgivable and customers should not be forced to pay for any repair caused by Autel's incompetence. Note, I purchased a Mini3 instead of the Nano mini plus just because of the above.

I got sick and tired of Autel holding me hostage, would not respond nor return my two Autel EVO 2 Pro 6k drones., due to no fault of mine.

* * Did you know Autel has absolutely no records of your registering your drones with them.

Autel Customers Service on DJI payroll trying help DJI buy Autel and Shut down Competition for good !​

Deep down DJI is winning quietly as they could not produce a better drone than Autel Flagship EVO 2 Pro for sharpness and image clarity.

DJI's flagship Air 2 S is a hit but still only the second best when comparing to Autel EVO 2 Pro.

I was forced to buy DJI Air 2 S and DJI mini 3 Pro.
The Mini 3 Pro is a " Joke " for $909 + 158 and I could not justify that so returned it after waiting for it weeks !
I use DJI Air 2 S and the battery lasts only 16 plus minutes to 19 minutes only, getting used to it.

Go for the DJI Air 2 S but don't be surprised at the battery only lasting 16 plus minutes to 19 minutes !

I do disagree that the mini 3 is a joke. I have been flying both the mini 3 and the Autel Evo II pro for about a month now. While the images taken with the Autle are better than the Mini 3 I am seriously considering leaving the Autel home for my west coast trip just because of the size and weight of the Autel. No decision has been made yet.

Dear Ajay,

Thank you for contacting our Autel Robotics Support Team! We have received your request and your ticket #253641 has been opened.

A support representative will review your request and be contacting you soon!

Our support team is currently experiencing a higher than average rate of support requests. This may result in a longer than typical response time.

We are working diligently to provide support to each ticket request as soon as we can.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Sincerely,
Autel Robotics Support Team

The question is, how much time we need to give Autel Customers Service knowing they are fooled and betrayed us.
A. 3 Months
B. 6 Months
C. 9 Months
D A year
or
E. A year and a half ?

Not once have they said " Do not worry about your warranty as we will extend it with a " Smile " and a apology for unforgivable customers support and customers should not be forced to pay for

any repair caused by Autel's stupidity and incompetence !

Firmware uploads that does not verify the host hardware before any software installation.

What a Mess they created, and now a cover-up !
You decide.

**--** In the mean time I have migrated to DJI's Flagship Air 2 S, a little " Beast "
Quality, sharpness and clarity is second best after Autel's Flagship EVO 2 Pro 6K.

While flying we the drone pilot are wearing 20 different hats and when the battery warning came up " RTH " it gave me ample time to hit cancel RTH.
I was calm and no cause for panic.
* * With Autel it would suddenly shoot to wards the trees, I could not catch the very short warning notice !

Since I use my DJI Flagship Air2 S almost daily, live some 7 to 8 miles from US Air Force Base.
I find no issues flying in my neighborhood none what so ever. I tend to keep the drone in my line of sight and under 400 feet.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyingfool
i wont go anywhere near DJI, my mini 2 fell out of the sky on its second flight, DJI has major QC issues with the motor manufactuer.. they lock up inflight

bought a brand new Nano+ and I'm getting ready to ship it back..

does anyone know of an un used EVO1 in box for sale? lol that work horse never failed me

I got sick and tired of Autel holding me hostage, would not respond nor return my two Autel EVO 2 Pro 6k drones., due to no fault of mine.

* * Did you know Autel has absolutely no records of your registering your drones with them.

Autel Customers Service on DJI payroll trying help DJI buy Autel and Shut down Competition for good !​

Deep down DJI is winning quietly as they could not produce a better drone than Autel Flagship EVO 2 Pro for sharpness and image clarity.

DJI's flagship Air 2 S is a hit but still only the second best when comparing to Autel EVO 2 Pro.

I was forced to buy DJI Air 2 S and DJI mini 3 Pro.
The Mini 3 Pro is a " Joke " for $909 + 158 and I could not justify that so returned it after waiting for it weeks !
I use DJI Air 2 S and the battery lasts only 16 plus minutes to 19 minutes only, getting used to it.

Go for the DJI Air 2 S but don't be surprised at the battery only lasting 16 plus minutes to 19 minutes !
A2S has ADS-B so you got eyes on you, and your fully tracked by big Brother, be carefull where you fly. big fines for FAA violations

Jesus... I really wish I'd had the sense to read these threads before I decided to ditch DJI and buy Autel. DJI drove me up the wall with arbitrary geofencing and arrogant "fix-it-yourself" customer support, now I find that Autel customer support seem to be taking a leaf out of the DJI manual.

Personal experience: Nano+: 10 weeks after taking it out of the box brand new - motor failure prior to take-off (thank my lucky stars!). Contact Autel customer support. "...send it to Germany for repair..." I explain that I don't want it repaired: I want it replaced. Response? "...send it to Germany for repair...". This continues and I explain to them what U.K. and E.U consumer law states with regard to faulty merchandise. I also point out that the official Autel Robotics web site states clearly that mechanical or component faults are covered by these 12 month and 24 month (respectively) replacement terms. Response? "...send it to Germany for repair...". I get really ticked-off and contact the seller, who happens to be the main UK agent for Autel Robotics. Response? "... send it to Slough and we'll send a new one out to you..." Now THAT's "customer service".

Jesus... I really wish I'd had the sense to read these threads before I decided to ditch DJI and buy Autel. DJI drove me up the wall with arbitrary geofencing and arrogant "fix-it-yourself" customer support, now I find that Autel customer support seem to be taking a leaf out of the DJI manual.

Personal experience: Nano+: 10 weeks after taking it out of the box brand new - motor failure prior to take-off (thank my lucky stars!). Contact Autel customer support. "...send it to Germany for repair..." I explain that I don't want it repaired: I want it replaced. Response? "...send it to Germany for repair...". This continues and I explain to them what U.K. and E.U consumer law states with regard to faulty merchandise. I also point out that the official Autel Robotics web site states clearly that mechanical or component faults are covered by these 12 month and 24 month (respectively) replacement terms. Response? "...send it to Germany for repair...". I get really ticked-off and contact the seller, who happens to be the main UK agent for Autel Robotics. Response? "... send it to Slough and we'll send a new one out to you..." Now THAT's "customer service".
it's just a form email, ignore it. autel is likely not repairing faulty engines in germany.

this is post covid, everything is a mess.. your not gonna gain any improvements by switching to DJI.. theire products also have bugs and major issues..

i also had motor failure on a DJI mini3 , lucky for me i wasnt over water and it crashed into a snow bank, so I still had log files and something to return.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials