Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware Update: LITE/LITE+ 1.2.16

Yep that's who I bought from. I thought they were Autel. Can't believe they are allowed to use the Autel logo as their main image so that everything looks like it's Autel. Ironically this was my first Autel drone, I bought mainly because I heard of their stellar customer service...Boy was I wrong.
I agree, from the limited survey of people frustrated enough to vent on these forums it seems as though AutelPilots.com is/was not prepared for the event of people returning the product and their crappy evasive support as affecting the perception of official Autel support.. so they should insist that Autel pilots remove all the official web-page content and be more upfront that they are an authorized dealer.

Called Autel support. I was 1 in the queue. After 15 minutes a recording came on saying NO ONE WAS AVAILABLE... So no phone nor email support. How do you get warranty service?
I got this the first time I called actually. I called right back and it worked the second time so not sure if they have an issue with the phone system they use.

Called Autel support. I was 1 in the queue. After 15 minutes a recording came on saying NO ONE WAS AVAILABLE... So no phone nor email support. How do you get warranty service?
I have called 15 times today with the same result. Work my way up to “Q1” just the get the same message. Decided to go to auteldrones.com for the live chat they say they have on the website, I couldn’t find that either🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Yep that's who I bought from. I thought they were Autel. Can't believe they are allowed to use the Autel logo as their main image so that everything looks like it's Autel. Ironically this was my first Autel drone, I bought mainly because I heard of their stellar customer service...Boy was I wrong.
I also wanted to go fully to Autel but their customer service is far worse compared to Dji

Is there a special (geographical) scheme for the rollout of the update? Some people seem to have downloaded and installed it, while I get no notification to update the Sky app and the drone firmware. If it's still not approved for a general rollout, please notify. Thanks.
Looks like Apple devices received the update first. My android didn't receive have the Sky app update available until the morning of march 30th (north america). Yopu may have to go into the app store and look as the updates available but if you have automatic updates turned on it may have installed already and you will have to check the app version itself.

I also wanted to go fully to Autel but their customer service is far worse compared to Dji
After a few years supporting a mature Evo/Evo2 product line that had minor marketshare, they seem to have been a little unprepared for the volume of purchase support from the more consumer level nano and lite.. or it shows how fed-up people were with the DJI monopoly... definitely some growing pains.

Is there a special (geographical) scheme for the rollout of the update? Some people seem to have downloaded and installed it, while I get no notification to update the Sky app and the drone firmware. If it's still not approved for a general rollout, please notify. Thanks.
If you check the sky app at the Play Store (Android) you may see an update is available there. I didn't get any notice that an update was available, nor did my drone see a firmware was available. I went to Play Store and found the app update. After I installed that, the app now identifies the firmware update, but it fails the download - I've tried it numerous times today.

Reactions: Michael Pu
I have called 15 times today with the same result. Work my way up to “Q1” just the get the same message. Decided to go to auteldrones.com for the live chat they say they have on the website, I couldn’t find that either🤷‍♂️
There is NO SUPPORT being offered. If your Q1 and can't get through no one is working the phone system. This thing is starting to scream legal action.

Reactions: 30plusretlaw
Can't even make a claim with Autel Care. They require you to contact the same support phone number.

I found a dangerous problem , after updating the new firmware , the remoter have problem , disconnecting many times in the air , also refresh home point in the air , it is seem the new remoter firmware has a big problem .

does anybody have the same problem?

I found a dangerous problem , after updating the new firmware , the remoter have problem , disconnecting many times in the air , also refresh home point in the air , it is seem the new remoter firmware has a big problem .

I have many hours on this firmware and have not experienced any disconnects.

Maybe try paring the controller to craft again.

Mine disconnects and now the remote won’t charge

I don't have the problem before new firmware , and the problem come out after new firmware immediately . I paired the controller many times and change the cable , it do nothing with this .

It occurred also on my Nano+ after new firmware .

Mine will not go pass 1570 feet. It just RTH. After the update the control won’t charge. I been having the disconnect problem since I bought the drone 2 weeks ago. I tried contacting Autel today and no one answer the phone. I finally talk to someone using the chat option he told me he was getting someone to help me and I waited 35 minutes and no one showed up

Hi, after many times test , I am sure of that your new controller firmware having a big dangerous problem , Please let software engineer dept review this immediately!!!

1, many times disconnecting in the air when the upright height over about 300m;
2, auto RTH no any reason ;
3, refresh Home point when the drone flying !

Last edited:
I flew 3 batteries with the latest update, didn't see new problems. Signal was fine, too.
But camera sway (or aircraft drift?) still happened upon hovering. The camera view pan slowly to the left, I had to turn to the right and started over to make it stable.

The on screen zoom dial is a great idea but in reality can anyone operate it smoothly? I would suggest to add a 1.3X button for the lossless zoom, my fat finger couldn't nail it at all.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coastaldrone