Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware Update: LITE/LITE+ 1.2.16

I was going to sell my Air2S and get a Lite+, but no way I'm doing that now. Maybe if they fix the gimbal issues I'll pick one up later.

I'd stick with the Air 2s regardless.

I mean, it's still a great drone. I intend to keep mine even if I start using the Lite+. It has a Smart Controller option and 10 bit.

The only lacking aspects of it are the low light performance and geofencing.

Reactions: BillD
Just tried updating and I am not getting any prompt to update as of now.

I was going to sell my Air2S and get a Lite+, but no way I'm doing that now. Maybe if they fix the gimbal issues I'll pick one up later.

Air2S is a finished drone nowadays, while the Lite+ is still half-baked.

I had around 170h with the Air2S and I have around 50h with the Lite+ and the Lite+ is way better in every single aspect, but if you want it for video... it needs some improvements, (log and gimbal random movement). The difference in photo quality is quite big, but on the other hand the Air2S has a wider lens... so it depends on what you want. Air2S doesn't fly that long, or doesn't go as far as the Lite+, but it moves a bit better in the air and if you take off close to the target flight time is not that important.

I wouldn't have switched to Autel if DJI Aeroscope wasn't so popular in my country (was quite happy with the 2S and I'd probably just had switched to the Mavic 3), but I fly mostly in long range so switching to Autel was a mandatory thing for me. Sadly people seem to be quite unaware of DJI Aeroscope, which is basically a violation of your privacy, a forced eID which over you don't have any control at all, and I'm not going to have any drone that broadcast my telemetry without my consent.

I'd say that M3, Air2S and Lite+ are quite equivalent, each one has its pros and cons, so if you already have a 1", switching to the Lite+ will give you nothing spectacular aside from the increased flight time, no DJI Aeroscope and no geofences (geofences and alt limit can be hacked on some DJI drones).

Just tried updating and I am not getting any prompt to update as of now.

Same, it just tells that there's a new version on the "About" panel, but it isn't available to download yet.

Buying the Lite+ while having the Air 2s might be considered overkill since both are quite comparable but the pros and cons actually compliment each other quite well. The Air 2s will remain my go-to bird for now but if Autel fixes the gimbal issue and adds a smart remote option and/or DLOG then I'll shift my preference.

For now, the Air 2s is still a mini beast and gets the job done for a great value.

Well, at least I have an Air 2s too.

It kinda concerns me that there is no timeline or even an mention of the gimbal issues...
I started writing support about it in early February and I finally got a response like a week ago that said they’re aware of it but they have no idea when it would be fixed.

I started writing support about it in early February and I finally got a response like a week ago that said they’re aware of it but they have no idea when it would be fixed.

Hmmmm, well I can't imagine they'll let this be an ongoing issue for another 2-3 months but it's still discouraging. I wanted to use it exclusively but it is what it is. Luckily, I didn't settle for one drone.

I guess I could return it but I don't want to buy it back for $1,800 or more.

App just updated. Looks like nano gets log file and HDR but not lite?

Last edited:
This is from IOS. Android hasn't dropped yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 11.02.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 11.02.08 PM.png
    198.6 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: gophcc
that maybe is a hardware problem , maybe the damper is the reason , as other people said , the damper of nano/nano+ has the same problem .

I doubt it only because it seems that every Nano and Lite model has been affected. I'd imagine Autel would issue a recall if the problem was hardware related and this widespread.

I have exactly finished the update , why the two item is red color , do its a problem ?

IMG_5431.jpeg

Here's a vid....Does anyone know if they are responding to request to send drone in for repair?

I wonder how is it possible for the manufacturer to not see this problem before launch... or if they did, how they dare to launch it anyway.

Like most people for whom the Lite+ was not our first stabilized drone, I spot the problem in no time. At first, I thought the sway was a normal procedure of the "gimbal self-checking" but then I noticed it did never stop moving.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791