Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware Update: LITE/LITE+ 1.2.16

Yeah with unhappy m3 owners they had a chance to gain some ground and instead are losing it. They’ve had two firmware upgrades and neither touched this.

My gimbal doesn't sway on ground, but the Hyperlapse is still unusable.

I think it drifts too much at hover, from the video I can tell the height somtimes changes.

Now doing FW update, will try Hyperlapse again tomorrow.

Reactions: 30plusretlaw
Here's a vid....Does anyone know if they are responding to request to send drone in for repair?

Yeah, that is unacceptable.

I'll be testing mine Thursday once I get home. The vendor told me that their Lite+s shouldn't be defective but I told them respectfully that I was sceptical and had to see for myself.

If these are the newly made models straight from the factory, then maybe there's a chance. That said, I believe this to be a software issue so I think mine will have the gimbal issue.

I'm thinking about returning it despite the deal I got but we'll see. I definitely want some reassurance from Autel that this will now be the priority.

So own both quads, did updates for both. Pretty sure Autel just screwed up on the notes. HDR and log appear available and useable on the Lite+ and are grayed out on the Nano+.
Your right. There's log video, and there is histogram.
Apparently there are bugs in the FW release note.

Last edited:
Here's a vid....Does anyone know if they are responding to request to send drone in for repair?
Wow mine doesn’t do that. I would like to know if this happen right away or the drone is hot after a flight or hot while in a table. Thanks for the video

Whoa.

So your gimbal doesn't sway at all? If not, when dId you get it?
I have not seen a movement of that magnitude while is a table while I download the files. I had seen movement on a couple of videos . My major problem right now are disconnects and I want to try everything I can to see if I can find a solution before contacting Autel. Tonight or tomorrow morning I will fire up the drone and start recording to see if I can see movement

I have not seen a movement of that magnitude while is a table while I download the files. I had seen movement on a couple of videos . My major problem right now are disconnects and I want to try everything I can to see if I can find a solution before contacting Autel. Tonight or tomorrow morning I will fire up the drone and start recording to see if I can see movement

Ohhh that might be normal then, unfortunately.

Some operators have said they didn't notice the swaying or wandering until the drone was airborne. Let us know what you find. I recently bought mine and I might return it if the gimbal issues are present.

I did the firmware update earlier. I did an IMU calibration and compass calibration. Didn't notice the gimble sway on table but hyperlapse is really bad. Did 2 short clips and it's unusable. Note to android users. The wording is different on the IMU calibration. If you find the calibration failing on step 5 of 6 it's because the drone should be pointed nose down and not nose up. iOS makes this distinction. I tried the calibration with my s22+ first. After 2 fails i switched to my iPhone 13 PM. The photo example in the calibration wasn't clear to me. Might be to others as I'm old and get dumber every day lol.

On another note, and I seen mention of this elsewhere and don't remember where but... there needs to be a patch on RTH under low battery. I attempted a landing while in the mid 20% battery. The drone kept going back to RTH mode even after canceling RTH each time and after touch down. At one point it was bouncing up and down and almost flipped as i was trying to manually kill the motors... really crazy. Maybe I made an error somewhere but I've landed my P4Pv2 under low batt a few times and it was a smooth landing.

I thought you returned yours?
I did. I have a friends here who was waiting for a firmware to see if it solved the problem. Email support doesn't respond and the phone support doesn't work.I think they are in trouble,.

I did. I have a friends here who was waiting for a firmware to see if it solved the problem. Email support doesn't respond and the phone support doesn't work.I think they are in trouble,.
I just phoned and the number works just fine. I believe this issue is being worked on unless I am wrong but they obviously don't have an date the fix will be available so that is likely all the support people can tell you for now. I guess if long-exposure photography is essential you will have to use another product unless you care to wait until the issue is fixed. Which drone does long exposures very well?, it is not something I really considered actually.

Based on my experience the sway is not a fixed thing, sometimes it's more noticeable than others, but you can just zoom in and see that the gimbal moves even while landed with the motors turned off, no mater how many degrees it moves, that shouldn't happen. It doesn't happen in any stabilized drone, even the cheap ones.

Reactions: 30plusretlaw
Based on my experience the sway is not a fixed thing, sometimes it's more noticeable than others, but you can just zoom in and see that the gimbal moves even while landed with the motors turned off, no mater how many degrees it moves, that shouldn't happen. It doesn't happen in any stabilized drone, even the cheap ones.

So, should everyone with a Lite+ just return it, then?

I just phoned and the number works just fine. I believe this issue is being worked on unless I am wrong but they obviously don't have an date the fix will be available so that is likely all the support people can tell you for now. I guess if long-exposure photography is essential you will have to use another product unless you care to wait until the issue is fixed. Which drone does long exposures very well?, it is not something I really considered actually.
Are we sure you don’t work for Autel? First of all they don’t answer any kind of email support for months and when you call the phone you can never get anybody. And it’s a lot more than long exposure photography it’s any kind of video clip where you need to shoot steady video or how about a Time-lapse how do you think that works for a Time-lapse.

Are we sure you don’t work for Autel? First of all they don’t answer any kind of email support for months and when you call the phone you can never get anybody. And it’s a lot more than long exposure photography it’s any kind of video clip where you need to shoot steady video or how about a Time-lapse how do you think that works for a Time-lapse.
No worries, maybe another product will work better for now, I agree with you that it needs to be fixed and anyone who needs that capability right now should not buy the lite+.
I assure you I don't work for Autel, I only got my first Autel product a few weeks ago after getting tired of the DJI way.. The Nano+ was defective out of the box so I called support and they helped me out with the warranty replacement. Having a conversation with the support staff I could feel they were a relatively small team (trying to expand) and trying there best so getting angry with them wasn't going to help anything.

I would imagine that a support requests about when a feature will be added or when a bug fix will be issued are difficult to answer without consulting with managers, engineering team's and developers across their global offices which takes time. Lastly, you can log into the support ticket system using your Autel ID email to see if the support tickets have been closed for some reason. Just go to Support, log in and select 'Check Ticket Status' to view. It may filter by open tickets so make sure to select 'All Tickets'.

Good luck.

1648599229344.png

Autel seems to be putting all their time into the nano. Even given it log file and hdr in latest update. They are ignoring the lite. Shame. With the mavic 3 issues they could have gained some ground.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791