Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 2 Pro wont fly after new update

danskvip

Reaction score
I updated my EVO 2 Pro this morning and after update, the remote control keeps posting: “Connect App to activate aircraft” . My mini Ipad say I’m connected, i can see what the camera is seeing but it wont start. Anybody having that issue? I had to cancel to photo shots today because of that. I tried to reboot drone, remote control and Ipad to no avail. Tried to use my IPhone as well, same thing. Deleted app, same thing. HELP HELP

I updated just prior to a job today and had to pull out the backup DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2... Came home and tried to update via sd card and still same issue as yours... Its now a paperweight until Autel can fix the issue...

With the new application, I believe that now you have to connect by internet at Autel to register your device and there I think that your plane will be unlocked to be able to fly, it is the new standard (like DJI!).
And the problem must be fixed.

WHAT'S NEW​

- EVO II aircraft activation

With the new application, I believe that now you have to connect by internet at Autel to register your device and there I think that your plane will be unlocked to be able to fly, it is the new standard (like DJI!).
And the problem must be fixed.

WHAT'S NEW​

- EVO II aircraft activation
The controller has a message on it that says "Connect app to activate aircraft" which I did and it shows connected on the app.. Im thinking the ios app is the old version and the new version iOS V1.8.13 is not showing up yet on the app store so maybe we have to wait until tomorrow for it to populate in the app store... I hope....

Autel released the new beta of iOS Autel Explorer 1.8.13 that is needed to activate the EVOII
If you are not able to, you can use an android device to activate and then, once you do it, you can fly with your preferred device

I dont own any android devices but I guess Id better either get one or borrow one. Thank you for that video and comment, I appreciate it!

Reactions: lukappaseidue
the beta iOS Autel Explorer can be downloaded here:

I finally got my EVO 2 Pro back to live via technical support guy number 3 today. I had to go into www.auteldrones.com and find my EVO 2 Pro and then scroll down to an IOS beta test which I downloaded and that took care of the problem but a complete pain in the behind. Fortunately it is only the first time you use the app that the app and aircraft has to be paired. Unfortunately I was first told to delte my Autel Explorer app several times, which dropped and erased my flight logs !!! That sucked too.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
the beta iOS Autel Explorer can be downloaded here:
Got it! Works perfectly... Thank you!

So I haven't done this yet as my EVO II Pro is being shipped to me now...does Autel not give us the information we need to avoid this? I mean is there anything in the directions when upgrading the firmware that tells you the exact procedure you need to follow so that your drone doesn't become a paperweight leaving you to research on what to do to get it to work again? Do they just throw an update at you and say "here you go" without giving you all the info you need to make it work right the first time?

Reactions: ethelsnakes
So I haven't done this yet as my EVO II Pro is being shipped to me now...does Autel not give us the information we need to avoid this? I mean is there anything in the directions when upgrading the firmware that tells you the exact procedure you need to follow so that your drone doesn't become a paperweight leaving you to research on what to do to get it to work again? Do they just throw an update at you and say "here you go" without giving you all the info you need to make it work right the first time?
I believe these folks are talking about the beta program. When Autel Robotics Inc puts out the official firmware and or Explorer app they usually give specific instructions on how to update via either the internet or thought the SD card. However, it seems as if there is a new update every couple of months, kind of annoying if you only fly every couple of months like me. Everytime I get a chance to go out I have to spend an hour to update the the thing with having to update per battery. I hope they stop adding bells and whistles soon so I can fly more consistently and confidently. I have to gain respect each update that my bird isn't going to fall out of the sky... Maybe next update I guess.?

Reactions: Phreedom
I'm a little confused about battery updates. Do we need to run the full update for each battery we put in. Or does it know the drone was updated and just updates the battery?

I believe these folks are talking about the beta program. When Autel Robotics Inc puts out the official firmware and or Explorer app they usually give specific instructions on how to update via either the internet or thought the SD card. However, it seems as if there is a new update every couple of months, kind of annoying if you only fly every couple of months like me. Everytime I get a chance to go out I have to spend an hour to update the the thing with having to update per battery. I hope they stop adding bells and whistles soon so I can fly more consistently and confidently. I have to gain respect each update that my bird isn't going to fall out of the sky... Maybe next update I guess.?
So are regular firmware updates forced updates....you have to do it in order to fly?

Reactions: ducatstrada
So are regular firmware updates forced updates....you have to do it in order to fly?
Not necessarily. It seems that Autel is trying to improve the capabilities of the drone on a continuous loop but in doing so there always seems to be a functional issue of sorts.
I know I am a little hard on this drone company and in truth, if I could get a firmware and app update I was happy with, I would probably look into the dragonfish

Not necessarily. It seems that Autel is trying to improve the capabilities of the drone on a continuous loop but in doing so there always seems to be a functional issue of sorts.
I know I am a little hard on this drone company and in truth, if I could get a firmware and app update I was happy with, I would probably look into the dragonfish
OK. Just wondering because I currently have an EVO I, after having DJI for years, and one of the things I really like is no forced updates. If my soon to arrive EVO II Pro required forced updates....heck I might not even open up the package and just send it back. I love my EVO I and the II needs to be knock my socks off good. I may be over exaggerating a bit, but I definitely DON'T want Autel to become MORE like DJI.

Keep it!!! Don't ship it back Phreedom! Autel simply didn't push out the ios App update until later in the day which fixed my problem. The drone flies like a brick but the updates and customizations they now have greatly improved the drones visible performance. If youre flying fpv you cant tell the drone is acting drunk until you look up at it...;) Having said that, its my go to drone as I feel the quality is superior to DJI. Been flying it daily (have a drone company in Houston) and not one major problem yet until this (unforced) update. I always take another drone as backup with me in the field and did the update just prior to a job but had to put it back in the case and pull out the phantom 4 pv2. It takes superior photos and the video is as good as the phantom 4 pro v2 or slightly better. Just my opinion but i'm sure you'll agree. We cant let DJI be the only game in town so that's one reason I support Autel.

Reactions: Phreedom
Hi Folks!

Im new to the EVO2, over from the Karma forums. I just got that update - word of caution, it reset my go home altitude down to the default and I clipped a tree. GO RECHECK ALL YOUR SETTINGS!!!! . Some damage but repairable.... ugh

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo