Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 2 Pro wont fly after new update

Tell us more about the "activation" process. Is that something new? I'm still flying on v2.5.11. What's in the latest version to entice me to update?

Last edited:
That will no make a difference because Autel released the beta version of the Explorer App and just a few days later released it as “official” so the current TestFlight version and the “official” versions are the same now. Great beta program. 4 whole days!
Seems to me that since there were problems with the firmware that were corrected with the beta version of explorer it was pushed through in order to give access to all to a needed fix, 6 of one half dozen of the other.

Seems to me that since there were problems with the firmware that were corrected with the beta version of explorer it was pushed through in order to give access to all to a needed fix, 6 of one half dozen of the other.
If I had to guess, it was because they released the firmware without the iOS application. In doing so, as in my case, if you updated the fw you couldn’t register your drone. Without registration, or the ability to, I couldn’t spin up at all! I called Autel and out of 3 service guys, none of them knew that no iOS version was released, nor the inability to use the drone because of it.

If I had to guess, it was because they released the firmware without the iOS application. In doing so, as in my case, if you updated the fw you couldn’t register your drone. Without registration, or the ability to, I couldn’t spin up at all! I called Autel and out of 3 service guys, none of them knew that no iOS version was released, nor the inability to use the drone because of it
Not the first time they release a firmware with the app being held up, usually the iOs app is the one with the delays, I don't think Autel and Apple get along too well, I mean politically.

Reactions: PingSpike
HOLY CRAP, I went to the Better Business Bureau and looked up Autel Robotics. (I encourage anyone wanting to buy their products look this up) (Dont hear all the You Tube Fan Boys mention crap about this) My mouth is still on the floor and not having a good feeling about them, They also failed to call me and every time I left a voice message I received a new email with a new case, WTF? Beginning to feel like I am out 4550 with all the goods!

Reactions: Phreedom
BBB is a consumer rights group that protect us. Website got to Better Business Bureau then type Autel Robotics and look them up. Last night I was on a You tube channel and didn't post a very nice Autel review, Looks like it wasn't posted intentionally. I dropped my subscription as it it is websites like that in which they only promote a positive note on the company. All good as long as they arent having a problem. Buyer Beware.

Support is sending me a RMA Ticket today to send the drone back and in meantime - (Call me a true Sucker) I bought an 8 K and I hope that flies while await the 6 K - Guess it wont hurt to have a back up drone - but it better work or I am out huge money here.

Support is sending me a RMA Ticket today to send the drone back and in meantime - (Call me a true Sucker) I bought an 8 K and I hope that flies while await the 6 K - Guess it wont hurt to have a back up drone - but it better work or I am out huge money here.
Can you send me some seeds from your money tree! Hurry! I need them quick!

Can you send me some seeds from your money tree! Hurry! I need them quick!
LOL, I am now deep into this, if this doesn't fly I am going to jump into a puddle! Have 16 buildings to fly this month and drone is in route to Autel, Was cheaper to drop more money and not let clients down or ruin my reputation. But I always do have a back up so this is the back up - Will advise as to the problem for the 6 K.

I'm sure few would disagree the process of activation after the upgrade unnecessarily became an exercise in frustration.
However, my solution may be helpful to others to also succeed with activation - maybe a little quicker.

I am using a CrystalSky monitor, but its OS is Android, so the result should be the same if trying to activate an aircraft from an Android mobile phone.
Shut down all Autel components first. Making sure the phone is not plugged in to the Controller is likely to be an added safeguard as well.

Follow the usual process for the brand of mobile device you're using to uninstall the existing "Autel Drone" app. For some devices, completing uninstallation may require rebooting the device - a good practice anyway, because rebooting should ensure volatile memory is also cleared.

Go to the 'App Store', search Autel Drone and reinstall the current version of the app. Making sure your mobile device has been reconnected to the controller, turn on the aircraft then launch the new version of the App, selecting the appropriate aircraft. (I also made sure I had signed up to Autel, which I'd done at the time of purchasing my EVO 2 Pro anyway, but it may just be useful to check and update any details as needed and double check the serial number recorded against your name on Autel matches that on your aircraft, before attempting activation). Once the Autel App has opened on the correct aircraft model there will appear an 'Activation' button. Within seconds of activation being accepted, the display on the controller will lose the activation required words. Re-boot aircraft and controller, after which point you should then be able to run up the aircraft motors in the usual way - props off of course and test all other functions are operating as per the settings!

Happy and safe flying :D:cool:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d