Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Smart controller disconnect during mission.

cheeseman

Reaction score
I experienced my first disconnect while flying a mission on my 640t v3. I had mistakenly not changed the default loss action from resume to go home, 2 minutes into my flight The controller disconnected from the drone but the drone continued to fly the mission. Panic began... I tried restarting the app with no luck but regained control after restarting the smart controller.

First time having a disconnect with this drone. But boy did it scare the crap out of me...

Anybody else experience disconnects in the smart controller like this?

Is this from going out of range, or is the app crashing?

For me, if the smart controller wifi is turned on, I consistently get app crashes in the middle of flight.

Reactions: cheeseman
Definitely not a range issue, was 300ft from the drone. Wifi was on as I was attempting an rtk flight but never got a fix. The app didn't crash, just said aircraft disconnected. If it never happens again that would be great lol

Last edited:
I had this occur with the drone (640T) hovering overhead at 15'. I was working inside a large warehouse and just put the drone up and was doing control input checks when I experienced complete loss of input for approx. 30secs. Some workers were moving equipment which may have conflicted with my signal because after they passed, I regained control but yeah - for a brief eternity I was wondering if it was going to hover until the battery died, fly off and slam into a wall or worse.

I had this occur with the drone (640T) hovering overhead at 15'. I was working inside a large warehouse and just put the drone up and was doing control input checks when I experienced complete loss of input for approx. 30secs. Some workers were moving equipment which may have conflicted with my signal because after they passed, I regained control but yeah - for a brief eternity I was wondering if it was going to hover until the battery died, fly off and slam into a wall or worse.
Brief eternity is a great way to put it lol

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo