Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 2 Pro wont fly after new update

Keep it!!! Don't ship it back Phreedom! Autel simply didn't push out the ios App update until later in the day which fixed my problem. The drone flies like a brick but the updates and customizations they now have greatly improved the drones visible performance. If youre flying fpv you cant tell the drone is acting drunk until you look up at it...;) Having said that, its my go to drone as I feel the quality is superior to DJI. Been flying it daily (have a drone company in Houston) and not one major problem yet until this (unforced) update. I always take another drone as backup with me in the field and did the update just prior to a job but had to put it back in the case and pull out the phantom 4 pv2. It takes superior photos and the video is as good as the phantom 4 pro v2 or slightly better. Just my opinion but i'm sure you'll agree. We cant let DJI be the only game in town so that's one reason I support Autel.
Yes keep it, it's amazing.

Reactions: Phreedom
DEAD in water - First DJI then I drop 4000 with all gear on this piece of garbage - so sick and tired and losing cash everyday as 107 flyer. Calling Autel - no video camera cant see a thing.

DEAD in water - First DJI then I drop 4000 with all gear on this piece of garbage - so sick and tired and losing cash everyday as 107 flyer. Calling Autel - no video camera cant see a thing.
Did you trying not connecting your phone until both the EVO and the controller are powered up?

OK. Just wondering because I currently have an EVO I, after having DJI for years, and one of the things I really like is no forced updates. If my soon to arrive EVO II Pro required forced updates....heck I might not even open up the package and just send it back. I love my EVO I and the II needs to be knock my socks off good. I may be over exaggerating a bit, but I definitely DON'T want Autel to become MORE like DJI.
My Evo has been worse than DJI sad to say

In what way?
I fly doing building inspections, the drone has had nothing but camera video issues and the updates just mess it all up, called support that was good, but was told to send it in if didn't start working after the new so called 3 way to do the calibrations crap after a update. 3 weeks and it was just working yesterday then this new update and same issue. Kind of had it with DJI and Autel - Yuneec any better? Probably not. They really arent doing good in my eyes. Lost a lot of money bro and spent a lot so its a double hit for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Phreedom
Photo of my awesome update install EXCEPT the video portion. If you see this and this is what I had just supposedly fixed from the last update is to call support, then get an email and telling you to pay shipping so they can warranty possibly if they see that you didn't crash the drone, then they repair and return it the same way you sent and oh yeah by the way hope this is your kids drone because if you use it for living might as well have Corona because its 6 weeks to return it to ya. GOOD JOB Autel and you cant tell me I am one of the few that are only experiencing the issues. After investing over 4000 with all the goodies and I mean ALL, then to lose more income yeah I am upset. Yes it did activate on the remote. Triple tek Monitor - Awesome I guess will tell yeah when the drone flies!

Attachments

• 00006573.JPG
    00006573.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 00006576.JPG
    00006576.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 00006577.JPG
    00006577.JPG
  • 00006571.JPG
    00006571.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 00006572.JPG
    00006572.JPG
Sorry to hear that. Guess I got lucky with a good one. (so far) :)
You did, It will get fixed its just the hassle and loss of money, while I do ok, its just a lot of hassle that if someone had this might not have the cash to throw at it. All are equal bro.

So I haven't done this yet as my EVO II Pro is being shipped to me now...does Autel not give us the information we need to avoid this? I mean is there anything in the directions when upgrading the firmware that tells you the exact procedure you need to follow so that your drone doesn't become a paperweight leaving you to research on what to do to get it to work again? Do they just throw an update at you and say "here you go" without giving you all the info you need to make it work right the first time?
Go to the website and pay very close attention to the dates on the applications. You will also see the release notes. On the newest update they state to make sure you have the latest Explorer installed (Since you are going to install when received you wont have the issue of not having the incorrect version)and that has changed since a month ago. Now with that being said I bought this drone due to the lack of geofencing as I had a lot of issues with DJI even with Authorizations. When I opened the new Explorer App in see airspace no fly zones all over the place (South Florida is a gem for this) I HOPE AND PRAY THEY ARE NOT GEO FENCING AS THEY CANT GET MY DRONE TO FLY LET ALONE FENCE ME OUT.

I updated my EVO 2 Pro this morning and after update, the remote control keeps posting: “Connect App to activate aircraft” . My mini Ipad say I’m connected, i can see what the camera is seeing but it wont start. Anybody having that issue? I had to cancel to photo shots today because of that. I tried to reboot drone, remote control and Ipad to no avail. Tried to use my IPhone as well, same thing. Deleted app, same thing. HELP HELP
You need download the latest beta App from TestFlight, then you should be ok.

Reactions: danskvip
I updated my EVO 2 Pro this morning and after update, the remote control keeps posting: “Connect App to activate aircraft” . My mini Ipad say I’m connected, i can see what the camera is seeing but it wont start. Anybody having that issue? I had to cancel to photo shots today because of that. I tried to reboot drone, remote control and Ipad to no avail. Tried to use my IPhone as well, same thing. Deleted app, same thing. HELP HELP
You need to install the latest beta version of Explorers from TestFlight, then you should be ok. Many of us have been in the same situation. Autel had put the beta firmware up on their website but had not updated beta version of Explorer. I contacted them as I guess several others did and within a short time they fixed it. If it had been DJI we would have been waiting until after the Chinese New Year.

Last edited:
You need to install the latest beta version of Explorers from TestFlight, then you should be ok. Many of us have been in the same situation. Autel had put the beta firmware up on their website but had not updated beta version of Explorer. I contacted them as I guess several others did and within a short time they fixed it. If it had been DJI we would have been waiting until after the Chinese New Year.
Thanks, appreciate the answer. Got it fixed and am flying again !!

Where is this beta download?? Please and thank you!

That will no make a difference because Autel released the beta version of the Explorer App and just a few days later released it as “official” so the current TestFlight version and the “official” versions are the same now. Great beta program. 4 whole days!

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
That will no make a difference because Autel released the beta version of the Explorer App and just a few days later released it as “official” so the current TestFlight version and the “official” versions are the same now. Great beta program. 4 whole days!
So f. . . . . . sad i am laughing, thanks bro.

Reactions: Cicero24

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t