Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO LITE PLUS JUST CAME IN THE MAIL. IT WON'T FLY BACKWARDS OR FORWARDS UNLESS I TURN OF OBSTABLE AVOIDANCE

quinn karter

Reaction score
Does anyone have a fix or heard a fix from Autel technicians regarding this problem I mentioned in the title. I updated the firmware, calibrated IMU, compass, and Remote controller. No luck. Everything else works except It simply won't go backwards and forwards when the Obstacle avoidance is on. It works fine when OA is off. The speeds are what they should be for each mode. What am I missing?

Just checking - is there anything (like plastic cover tape, etc.) covering the front and rear OA sensor ports? Most new out of the box quads have such protective coverings over the sensors, cameras, lights, etc. on the new hardware, much like a new TV remote control has them on the IR port. If so, remove the tape and try flying again.

Also check your Obstacle avoidance settings in the App: Make sure it is set to avoid vs stop (at least initially).

Lastly - make sure you are in a nice clear area up at least a few feet above the nearest obstacles, and rotate the quad in flight to see if the OA sensor caution bars at top and bottom of your controller screen change or go away, before trying to fly forward and back.

You may have done all the above steps but it never hurts to check: been flying various drones and military UAS birds for years, and I still forget to check the obvious every now and then if in a hurry to get in the air.

Hope this helps!

Just checking - is there anything (like plastic cover tape, etc.) covering the front and rear OA sensor ports? Most new out of the box quads have such protective coverings over the sensors, cameras, lights, etc. on the new hardware, much like a new TV remote control has them on the IR port. If so, remove the tape and try flying again.

Also check your Obstacle avoidance settings in the App: Make sure it is set to avoid vs stop (at least initially).

Lastly - make sure you are in a nice clear area up at least a few feet above the nearest obstacles, and rotate the quad in flight to see if the OA sensor caution bars at top and bottom of your controller screen change or go away, before trying to fly forward and back.

You may have done all the above steps but it never hurts to check: been flying various drones and military UAS birds for years, and I still forget to check the obvious every now and then if in a hurry to get in the air.

Hope this helps!
Yup, I did all those things. But I didn't take off above 10ft or so. Later I flew up to 25 ft and then the Drone was able to fly backwards and forwards. I flew it toward a tree and it stopped about 15 ft away from it. I guess the OA sensors are just very sensitive when in closed environments. So I had to go up above most of the trees in my yard to fly forward and backwards. IS THERE ANY SOFTWARE THAT CAN BE DOWNLOADED TO REDUCE THE SENSOR SENSITIVITY? Or are there any settings in the app to reduce sensitivity.

No software to download, only the option in the app to turn off the OA. On the screenshot attached here, you can see the note about the behavior with obstacles detected. I also remembered about my first functional check indoors after my Lite+ arrived produced the same results as yours. It only flew sideways and yawed (rotated) - not forwards and back.

Good news is it flies great, especially with the latest firmware.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220520-214438_AutelSky.jpg
    Screenshot_20220520-214438_AutelSky.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 7

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain