Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano Plus ISSUES - collective thread

I had the critical warning at 20% when it started to try and land... so as I was trying to keep it up i changed the setting to 10% in the app and then landed it where I wanted... didnt think this would work but it did..

I'm having an issue where my gimble freaks out. So soon as it powers up it makes this sound similar to a star wars fighter
Jet or something and the gimbal begins to freak out. It spins in every direction and doesn't stop! And thats even before it connects to the app. Once it does I even tried to do a gimbal calibration and all it does is it sits at 0% while the gimble freaks out

I'm having an issue where my gimble freaks out. So soon as it powers up it makes this sound similar to a star wars fighter
Jet or something and the gimbal begins to freak out. It spins in every direction and doesn't stop! And thats even before it connects to the app. Once it does I even tried to do a gimbal calibration and all it does is it sits at 0% while the gimble freaks out
Would be probably good ide to give more details, when it started to happen

Would be probably good ide to give more details, when it started to happen
I flew it once worked totally fine. Took it out the second time maybe a 2 weeks later and soon as I powered it on it started doing that. It's not even a month old

I flew it once worked totally fine. Took it out the second time maybe a 2 weeks later and soon as I powered it on it started doing that. It's not even a month old
Any chance you forgot the gimbal guard on when powering it on? That confuses the gimbal till next full boot.

Any chance you forgot the gimbal guard on when powering it on? That confuses the gimbal till next full boot.
No I had placed it on carefully and made sure it's fit when I put it away and always take it off before powering on. I've done that with all my past drones but this autel is brand new and it shouldn't have had an issue

No I had placed it on carefully and made sure it's fit when I put it away and always take it off before powering on. I've done that with all my past drones but this autel is brand new and it shouldn't have had an issue
Well, I guess time to contact support.

Have you redone the IMU calibration? maybe there is a way to reinstall FW also.

This happening out of nowhere is odd, I would recommend uploading a video if the issue to YouTube to demonstrate, this helps the support team immensely and in turn helps you get flying quicker.

Have you redone the IMU calibration? maybe there is a way to reinstall FW also.

This happening out of nowhere is odd, I would recommend uploading a video if the issue to YouTube to demonstrate, this helps the support team immensely and in turn helps you get flying quicker.
He did not upgrade the FW
Yes, you can reinstall it from SDcard

Plz add into the mix:

1. In-drone jpeg settings like: clarity & sharpness
  2. Also i second the LR profile.

I had been interested in owning an Autel drone for a couple of years but had always been outside my price range. I have owned several more inexpensive models like Roku, Drone X, Hollystone, and they all performed well for the cost. Finally I saved up enough for an Autel and chose to go with the Nano Plus. I had started becoming familiar with the settings but after about my tenth flight the drone will not take off. I have done nothing different and have attempted to fix the issue with no success. I was enjoying my new nano despite all the annoying bugs but now it doesn’t even take off. The take off is initiated and the props spin but does nothing when I attempt to kick up the stick for liftoff. Can anyone offer me any tips or fix to address this as I am out options.

Reactions: trontar
I had been interested in owning an Autel drone for a couple of years but had always been outside my price range. I have owned several more inexpensive models like Roku, Drone X, Hollystone, and they all performed well for the cost. Finally I saved up enough for an Autel and chose to go with the Nano Plus. I had started becoming familiar with the settings but after about my tenth flight the drone will not take off. I have done nothing different and have attempted to fix the issue with no success. I was enjoying my new nano despite all the annoying bugs but now it doesn’t even take off. The take off is initiated and the props spin but does nothing when I attempt to kick up the stick for liftoff. Can anyone offer me any tips or fix to address this as I am out options.
Do you have a video of what is happening? are there any warning messages? did you do a IMU calibration? format SD card? try launching without the phone? You could try reinstalling the firmware but I would not do that without hearing from Autel first just in case..

Do you have a video of what is happening? are there any warning messages? did you do a IMU calibration? format SD card? try launching without the phone? You could try reinstalling the firmware but I would not do that without hearing from Autel first just in case..
I do not have a video but I can generate one if it would help. I have done a IMU calibration. The drone shows everything to start off as normal with the same generic messages appearing. No sd card found. Gimbal is checking. Wait to take off. Once I clear those I initiate take off mode and nothing happenes. I haveant crashed the drone. Nothing had been any different from my previous flights. I flew casually and was still getting used to it. I had not flown to see what the drone was capable as of yet. So are you recommending I contact Autel? Was hoping someone had encountered the same issue and could suggest a quick fix. Thank you for replying. Appreciate your help.

Reactions: trontar
The auto-take off and I believe the manual take-off will not be available while the Gimbal is self-checking. The launch button will be greyed-out.

If there is too much movement the self-check will take longer. Does the gimbal complete the calibration when initiated in the app?

Nano+ I have 2 weeks. I took about 6 longer trips with him, of which I did not fly home 3 times, although I immediately obeyed the warning on RTH. It seems to me that the power of the engines decreases much faster after 50% than in the first half of the flight. Today I also had a weak headwind and so in the end the speed dropped to 4-5 m / s. The conclusion is always dramatic. I'm used to passing it over a field or meadow. Today I had to drive about 1 km for the drone. But he is healthy.
If someone from Autel read this here, I would recommend that the setup include the possibility to set the boundary of the return instruction individually according to experience and current weather conditions.
In the best case, devise an algorithm that would be able to calculate the wind speed from the position of the throttle lever and the instantaneous resulting speed, and then correct the instruction for RTH with this data.

Please see the topics App>2 and Flight>1 of my original post.
I guess (which means I don't know for sure) that the HQ video transmission is the culprit causing the delay. There's a setting in the app, but I don't understand it's purpose.
Regarding speed I guessed the reason under Flight>1 - and you can try Ludicrous mode with Speed priority, obstacle avoidance switched off. All three settings need to be done! This should get your drone to 15 m/s.
My experience with the headwind. Standard mode 4-5 m / s. After switching to Lucidous acceleration approx. 5-6 m / s. I believe that Standard only works as a speed limiter at 10 m / s.

Today I tried a sports mode with a wind of about 2 / s. After the wind, the drone reached a speed of max. 13 m / sec. which agrees with the specification. In the opposite direction, a maximum speed of 4 - 6 m / s was reached. Due to the fact that the maximum speed standard / sport - (10/13) differs slightly, I consider it unnecessary to turn off the sensors, which is mentioned in the manual. In contrast, I have noticed that some sensors work or at least display (see appendix). Experience ... ???

1656325068590.png

1656324856282.png

The auto-take off and I believe the manual take-off will not be available while the Gimbal is self-checking. The launch button will be greyed-out.

If there is too much movement the self-check will take longer. Does the gimbal complete the calibration when initiated in the app?
It turns out my limited usage and the reason the Autel Nano was not taking off had to do with the firmware update not being done 100%. Once I finally ran the update I had full functionality once again. Just wanted to add the info incase someone else encounters this issue. Thank you to those who responded

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain