Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I JUST PRE-ORDERED THE AUTEL LITE+ with the premium Bundle Package. I have and Air 2S, but find Autel Lite+ specs enticing.

quinn karter

Reaction score
I have since sold my DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and Pro Drones, in anticipation of the Mavic 3 and Autel 3 series drones coming out soon, but that's not why I'm going in for the Autel Lite+.
I also have an Autel 6k Pro. When I compare the Autel 6K, the Air2S and the Autel Lite+ specs, I am seeing the Autel Lite+ winning the war, between the three. At least for my needs anyway.
I don't like using automated modes and obstacle collision avoidance much, because I find these features can cause crashes more often than prevent them.
The Autel Lite+ flight time beats the Air2S and Equals or exceeds that of the Autel 6K.
I feel the Autel Lite+ seems to have all the bells and whistles the Autel 6K has except for it's 360 degree obstacle avoidance.
Mid size drones fly better and are more stable and easier to travel with. However I expect, I may buy one of the Larger Mav3 or AutelSeries3 drones to complete my fleet.
The Autel Lite+ brings back HDR 6K video to the Air2S which no longer supports it.

If the Autel Lite+ has essentially the same features, flight times, image quality, and speed as the Evo6k I may sell the Evo6k. This will help with the purchase of either the Autel 3 Series or the DJI M3 series.
However, I'm already leaning toward the Autel 3 series, due to the possible inclusion of the "Supersense" 1.4" CMOS and of course the lack of NFZ locks.

I may keep both the Medium size Air2S and EVOlite+, but this will depend on how well or how often I find myself using one over the other. My Air2S is modded, so it has no NFZs or Altitude restrictions, and I'm not going to upgrade the firmware ever again, so I might just keep it just because it's a "free bird", if you will. The EVOLite+ beatS the Air2S in my opinion because the Air2S has no HDR, Only flies for 30min,not 40, and is inherently a Nanny State Drone. The Lite+ also has Picture in Picture video allowing the pilot to see what the obstacle avoidance cameras see.

Well, the Lite+ is pre-ordered. If I get it before anyone on youtube makes a physical review and a direct Air2S comparison, I may make an unboxing Video and do some comparison testing. We'll see.

I'll let you all know when I get the drone.

HERE IS THE BEST LINK I COULD FIND THAT SHOWS MOST OF THE SPECS OF THE EVO LITE AND EVO LITE+ VERSIONS: Difference between EVO Lite Drone and EVO Lite+ Drone [Camera Specs VS]

im keeping everything I have until the new drones prove themselves. nice to see the specs on paper but gotta see them up close and personal....starting with the nano+.

Reactions: Theborg
Obviously, you can do that if that's your thing, but I refuse to give these drone dealers my money interest-free for products that are not even officially out yet.. much have their pricing figured out.. if autel themselves isn't selling it yet neither should these dealers be..

Obviously, you can do that if that's your thing, but I refuse to give these drone dealers my money interest-free for products that are not even officially out yet.. much have their pricing figured out.. if autel themselves isn't selling it yet neither should these dealers be..
When I asked some questions to Autel customer service, they couldn't give me specific answers and their response always looked like in the following:

We appreciate your interest in our new model! Our company is just as excited for the EVO Nano and Lite series as you are and we cannot wait to bring them to market. At this time, all of the latest information can be found at the links I have placed at the bottom of this email. We do not have any more information regarding the product than what is on our website.

EVO Nano information: EVO NANO Series-Autel Robotics

EVO Lite information: EVO LITE Series-Autel Robotics

General Nano/Lite Information: EVO Nano Series | EVO Lite Series. Meet the New Additions to the Autel Lineup.

Well, they haven't taken my money yet and won't be allowed to until the actual product ships. I used the financing company they are linked with. Monthly payments won't start until the products actually gets shipped. If It takes too long, I'll cancel the order before they can claim a re-stocking fee.

Well, they haven't taken my money yet and won't be allowed to until the actual product ships. I used the financing company they are linked with. Monthly payments won't start until the products actually gets shipped. If It takes too long, I'll cancel the order before they can claim a re-stocking fee.
ahh, gotcha.. well, that's a better situation I suppose..

i get it. the pre-order process is not for everyone. if that's not your thing, whether we are talking about drones or cameras or cars or video games, then by all means wait for everything to come together and get presented in such a way that you know exactly what you are getting....and then make the call. not a problem for the most part especially where there are plenty of supplies and we're not talking about a "necessity."

for a pre-orders, it's not easy to understand how the finances work and how you handle disputes and issues that could come up in the future, what is the relationship with the manufacturer, etc. I agree with you, if you don't fully understand how it works and don't have enough details to commit any dollars to, standing by is clearly your best bet. the entire process is all about risk and not everyone is interested in anything that isn't completely "safe."

I will say this isn't 1985 or 1995, it's 2021 and the word "official" has a new meaning. maybe it's time to figure out exactly what that is and get with the program. some of us get there sooner than others; some never get there. personally I'd like to wait until the reviews are in but for this particular drone, I'm pretty confident I will be fine either way. not so much for a mavic 3, I will definitely wait on that one.

i get it. the pre-order process is not for everyone. if that's not your thing, whether we are talking about drones or cameras or cars or video games, then by all means wait for everything to come together and get presented in such a way that you know exactly what you are getting....and then make the call. not a problem for the most part especially where there are plenty of supplies and we're not talking about a "necessity."

for a pre-orders, it's not easy to understand how the finances work and how you handle disputes and issues that could come up in the future, what is the relationship with the manufacturer, etc. I agree with you, if you don't fully understand how it works and don't have enough details to commit any dollars to, standing by is clearly your best bet. the entire process is all about risk and not everyone is interested in anything that isn't completely "safe."

I will say this isn't 1985 or 1995, it's 2021 and the word "official" has a new meaning. maybe it's time to figure out exactly what that is and get with the program. some of us get there sooner than others; some never get there. personally I'd like to wait until the reviews are in but for this particular drone, I'm pretty confident I will be fine either way. not so much for a mavic 3, I will definitely wait on that one.
Re: the Mav 3 and Evo 3 series, their both going to be pricy and the specs aren't very clear to me. There is no way to tell which will be a better choice over another until they are being bought, used and reviewed for several months. I'm just gonna sit back, relax and watch the critics for a while before making any decisions on those drones.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Re: the Mav 3 and Evo 3 series, their both going to be pricy and the specs aren't very clear to me. There is no way to tell which will be a better choice over another until they are being bought, used and reviewed for several months. I'm just gonna sit back, relax and watch the critics for a while before making any decisions on those drones.
I think there is going to be the unveiling on just a few weeks but not sure when the actual drone will be available.

Can I find a link to the finance company on Autel web site? Thank You

Can I find a link to the finance company on Autel web site? Thank You
I bought from Drone Works. They work with a finance company linked to their website. It was Affirm. I was approved for the Lite+ full Bundle. I will be paying over 12 months. My financing rates were reasonable. They offer between 10-30% depending on your credit rating. Affirm offered more monney, but that would mean more interest. I kept my loan limited to just the drone package and nothing else. You can also just go to affirm's website to get a loan to buy direct from Autel if you wanted, I think. They will check your credit and hopefully give you the loan amount you need to buy the product. It's not much different than a credit card.

I would not rush....Remember the experience with Autel Explorer and the controller? Until I don't see one, no orders from my company... My 3 x Evo 2 PRO 6K still awaits for a good version of Autel Explorer....since 2020...and all we've got was bugs+bugs+bugs...
Also at DJI was problems with A2 and A2S, but at least they were fixed in a reasonable time...Autel is lacking programmers and is lacking a true vision...And I cannot understand why, as all they need to do is just reading this forums and see all the requests and bugs flagged...
So...Yes, Nano+ is good in specifications....but also was EVO2Pro and is still a mess.

I would not rush....Remember the experience with Autel Explorer and the controller? Until I don't see one, no orders from my company... My 3 x Evo 2 PRO 6K still awaits for a good version of Autel Explorer....since 2020...and all we've got was bugs+bugs+bugs...
Also at DJI was problems with A2 and A2S, but at least they were fixed in a reasonable time...Autel is lacking programmers and is lacking a true vision...And I cannot understand why, as all they need to do is just reading this forums and see all the requests and bugs flagged...
So...Yes, Nano+ is good in specifications....but also was EVO2Pro and is still a mess.
I had lots of problems with the first 2 EVO2s I purchased. They both had the same battery failure problem. The battery connectors would fuse causing the drone to short and fall from the sky. Once this problem was fixed, I noticed the new replacement drones were markedly slower in flight than the original ones. I'm guessing Autel had to reduce the current draw between the battery and the drone. Thus slowing the speed down a bit. Now I only get full speed with a tail wind. Flying against the wind really slows the EVO2 down quite a bit now.

Anyway, I preordered the EVOLite+Bundle in the hopes that it has all the capabilities of the EVO2 pro, but more agile or with better flight characcteristics. If it does, I will sell the EVO2PRO. I like the smaller form factors of the medium sized Air2S and Lite+. The lite plus sold me on it's HDR capabilities and It's 40 min flight time. The Air2S eliminated HDR and has a noticeably reduced flight time compared to the Mav Air2. I own the AIR2S and the EVO2PRO. So I'm pretty much setup with my drones. After flying the EVO2 and getting used to it's flight characteristics, I never picked up my Mav2s again and sold them both, the zoom and pro. Regarding the Lite+, My loan won't initiate until the product ships, so I don't mind waiting. I just hope Autel performs their due diligence and corrects any major flaws before release. The NANO and NANO+ are a surprise with obstacle avoidance and tracking capabilities while staying under the 249 gram mark. I'll believe it when I see it.

I hope this new CEO really helps AUTEL Fly, no pun intended. LOL.

EDIT; IF it were up to me, I would create a lighter weight drone design with no sensors at all expect for the landing ones. I always turn off my obstacle sensors when flying. I just don't trust them enough, to fly through tree limbs without hitting the smaller limbs. I actually watch and follow the drone if I decide to fly through a wooded area. Looking at the camera isn't enough to make me feel safe. The only times I've crashed drones is when I depended on the obstacle sensors. Thus, I don't do it anymore. It would be nice if they came out with versions with no obstacle sensors, except those needed to land, to reduce weight and increase flight times.

Last edited:
HDR? Why need? Log profile is enough...HDR in any drone looks like crap...Even in E2Pro does look like crap compared with LOG.
As for sensors...After a while you just start to disable it, as sometimes gives you a false warning and can ruin your footage...
What would you choose between a NANO+ with sensors and 40 min flight and a Nano+ w/o sensors and 47 min flight? I would take more flight time instantly :).
But the problem is not this, but the controller...Let's not forget how easy is to operate the POI on a DJI drone, and how stupid looks to make a rotation on a POI on Autel Eplorer....looks like a software made by semi-idiots... :))))
Let's hope they will fix things, but I have strong doubts as Ken was very clear: "We are in a shortage of programmers (when did they had enough?) and our limited resources are concentrated on the new launch of Autel drones and Fly software...
So...this is a clear message: Evo2PRO will follow the descent of EVO1 where no one give a damn about existing users.
I'd take the increased flight time over sensors as well. But, I think they are needed for object tracking, so as to avoid hitting things when tracking objects. Buyers love drones that can track objects, including themselves. It's a major sales point.

Regarding HDR, I just like it. I guess my lack of expertise is the reason. I don't know any better.

I have since sold my DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and Pro Drones, in anticipation of the Mavic 3 and Autel 3 series drones coming out soon, but that's not why I'm going in for the Autel Lite+.
I also have an Autel 6k Pro. When I compare the Autel 6K, the Air2S and the Autel Lite+ specs, I am seeing the Autel Lite+ winning the war, between the three. At least for my needs anyway.
I don't like using automated modes and obstacle collision avoidance much, because I find these features can cause crashes more often than prevent them.
The Autel Lite+ flight time beats the Air2S and Equals or exceeds that of the Autel 6K.
I feel the Autel Lite+ seems to have all the bells and whistles the Autel 6K has except for it's 360 degree obstacle avoidance.
Mid size drones fly better and are more stable and easier to travel with. However I expect, I may buy one of the Larger Mav3 or AutelSeries3 drones to complete my fleet.
The Autel Lite+ brings back HDR 6K video to the Air2S which no longer supports it.

If the Autel Lite+ has essentially the same features, flight times, image quality, and speed as the Evo6k I may sell the Evo6k. This will help with the purchase of either the Autel 3 Series or the DJI M3 series.
However, I'm already leaning toward the Autel 3 series, due to the possible inclusion of the "Supersense" 1.4" CMOS and of course the lack of NFZ locks.

I may keep both the Medium size Air2S and EVOlite+, but this will depend on how well or how often I find myself using one over the other. My Air2S is modded, so it has no NFZs or Altitude restrictions, and I'm not going to upgrade the firmware ever again, so I might just keep it just because it's a "free bird", if you will. The EVOLite+ beatS the Air2S in my opinion because the Air2S has no HDR, Only flies for 30min,not 40, and is inherently a Nanny State Drone. The Lite+ also has Picture in Picture video allowing the pilot to see what the obstacle avoidance cameras see.

Well, the Lite+ is pre-ordered. If I get it before anyone on youtube makes a physical review and a direct Air2S comparison, I may make an unboxing Video and do some comparison testing. We'll see.

I'll let you all know when I get the drone.

HERE IS THE BEST LINK I COULD FIND THAT SHOWS MOST OF THE SPECS OF THE EVO LITE AND EVO LITE+ VERSIONS: Difference between EVO Lite Drone and EVO Lite+ Drone [Camera Specs VS]
I like the specs on the Lite+ myself,but I would never order it because of paper specs.
I would wait a few months and then maybe order it.It has to prove itself
with reviewers that fly the product,if they ever decide to release it anytime soon.
And that remains to be seen.

Reactions: jamess336
I like the specs on the Lite+ myself,but I would never order it because of paper specs.
I would wait a few months and then maybe order it.It has to prove itself
with reviewers that fly the product,if they ever decide to release it anytime soon.
And that remains to be seen.
I have also made the same choice let’s hope it meets our expectation.

This is a combined HDR +Log profile...
Also if you have a HDR monitor, enable HDR and go to the link in video description at HDR version of Hdr+Log... Will see what I mean related to HDR.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials