Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What happened to the intelligent flight modes?

constructionpilot

Reaction score
Good Afternoon!

Okay, maybe I am just dumb, but I just upgraded from the V2 to the V3 (6K camera) due to a submarine drone occurrence. I enjoyed using the dual stability flight mode on the V2, but when I got the V3 I noticed that the Dual Stability and a few other flight modes were MIA.

Did Autel just get rid of those or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Good Afternoon!

Okay, maybe I am just dumb, but I just upgraded from the V2 to the V3 (6K camera) due to a submarine drone occurrence. I enjoyed using the dual stability flight mode on the V2, but when I got the V3 I noticed that the Dual Stability and a few other flight modes were MIA.

Did Autel just get rid of those or am I missing something?

Thanks!
Yes, plenty of features from the V2 haas not been carried over to the V3. I am very disappointed as well and if I had known, I may or may not have purchased. I emailed Autel and they are not sure if these will be added on.

Reactions: Lepi
You mean these functions are simply not in the Explorer app?
Nope, not in the new App which is on the Smart SE Remote, also excludes simple tracking like parallel tracking etc. It does Orbit Hyperlapse, panes, orbit, hyper laps and just plain tracking (which is very sketchy at the moment for me)

Just say they got rid of the functions it couldn't handle properly in the software.
Finally, buying a V3 to be able to do only basic flights is a real waste.
That's not how they will overtake other drone providers.

Just say they got rid of the functions it couldn't handle properly in the software.
Finally, buying a V3 to be able to do only basic flights is a real waste.
That's not how they will overtake other drone providers.
I was thinking to buy the V3 as well, but after seeing how Autel is treating the V2s customers it disappoints me a lot. I have the Enterprise which I paid almost 4k, and I guess it will be my last Autel drone. My concerns are that Autel doesn't fix the issues before releasing new products, they just abandon the previous production and as well their customers, furthermore, the solution is not just getting new customers but also taking care of the older ones.

I loved my V1 but i cannot put into words the level of disappointment I’m feeling since purchasing the V3. So many problems with the SE Controller battery and disappointing flight stability (it always wants to wander instead of staying still.)
Autel and AutelPilot have provided the least organized and professional service after the sale that I have ever encountered… and that includes experiences with car dealerships!

Reactions: ply17410
I would suggest that you have the V3 Smart Controller ( 7.9 Inc ) with your drone package.I think if one has the SE controller with a V3 Drone bundle those flight modes are missing
Why would that RC have features that we don't. I just sent Autel a nasty email about this.

I was thinking to buy the V3 as well, but after seeing how Autel is treating the V2s customers it disappoints me a lot. I have the Enterprise which I paid almost 4k, and I guess it will be my last Autel drone. My concerns are that Autel doesn't fix the issues before releasing new products, they just abandon the previous production and as well their customers, furthermore, the solution is not just getting new customers but also taking care of the older ones.
Totally agree! I was extremely disappointed also! Product development, software development, and customer service are very poor.

Reactions: edgardcafe
It seems the Explorer app for the Smart Controller SE had not had those flight modes added yet, best case scenario is they will come back in a future update, worst case is that these were left out by intent.... not sure we will ever know.

Has anyone tried to side-load the Explorer APK from the website??... do at own risk, i am not sure how the controller will like it.

It seems the Explorer app for the Smart Controller SE had not had those flight modes added yet, best case scenario is they will come back in a future update, worst case is that these were left out by intent.... not sure we will ever know.

Has anyone tried to side-load the Explorer APK from the website??... do at own risk, i am not sure how the controller will like it.
I read a post from someone on Facebook that Autel won’t add any more flight modes on the Smart controller SE. it will stay like it is now. Kind of sad news but what we can do.

I read a post from someone on Facebook that Autel won’t add any more flight modes on the Smart controller SE. it will stay like it is now. Kind of sad news but what we can do.
Maybe they wont be adding to the explorer app.... could they be developing a new app? we already know there will be a new app when the Evo Max ships out and this new app is said to support V3 devices... for what its worth..

Maybe they wont be adding to the explorer app.... could they be developing a new app? we already know there will be a new app when the Evo Max ships out and this new app is said to support V3 devices... for what its worth..
This is the post I have read.

Attachments

• 746DBAE6-A964-4DEA-AA3B-B3551854EC33.png
    746DBAE6-A964-4DEA-AA3B-B3551854EC33.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
I'm gonna start making a ruckus here. Autel CLEARLY advertises that the non-enterprise version of the Evo II Pro V3 has these missing flight modes. Let's start demanding they give them back to us!

They very clearly advertise the missing flight modes even today on their website.

Here's the current link:

and here's the wayback link, in case anybody decides to make changes:

The Evo II Pro video on their Youtube video, mark 1:34 clearly shows "Over 8 new [intelligent flight] modes", yet the v3 only ships with 7 TOTAL modes. I've downloaded a copy of that video as well.

Even the Explorer App lists these flight modes:

Autel - Please step up and make this right. This is NOT how you turn new customers into loyal ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: ply17410
Why would that RC have features that we don't. I just sent Autel a nasty email about this.
All of their media, website, and even Google Play store description of this drone and applications clearly show that these were included functions. I made a comment in this thread with links. I submitted websites to the wayback machine, downloaded their youtube video, and made a few of my own showing them clearly advertising these features. If that post gets moderated out of existence, send me a message and let's get the community to stand at their front door.

Reactions: Lepi and ply17410

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials