Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Intelligent Modes - Any Update?

MattMPA

Reaction score
As if I needed one more thing to go sideways these days, while flying my Evo 2 Pro V1 to ensure it's working for an upcoming job...my SC screen froze. I held down the power key in hopes of a reset. The screen doesn't come on, only the battery LEDs. (Even more disappointment - reverting to the standard controller - the gimbal tilt knob also doesn't work)

A call to Autel has me considering taking them up on the offer of a discounted upgrade to a V3 with the Smart Controller SE. Now, I am reading on this pages that the intelligent flight modes are gone. I use the Dual Stability often and would truly miss that feature as well as some others.

I may call Autel tomorrow and ask about this, but was hoping someone here may have some new info on these missing features.

That specific feature is not in the V3, it has a lot of missing features from the V1 and V2 and also no 10 bit video

• Angry
Reactions: DroneRat
Thanks surenmunoo - sadly what I expected the answer to be. Very disappointing, and likely takes me out of going to the V3. Makes me wonder how users of the V3 duplicate the Dual Stability mode. Or, do you just do without what I find a very helpful mode.

In the end, seems like a "no win" situation. While overall I have found Autel Tech Support to be good, DJI's less than that, and would prefer to avoid the whole geo-fencing thing...seems I am pushed toward what will give me the best footage. Looks like that isn't Autel.

EDIT: Figured I had nothing to loose...and did a firmware update. Scroll wheel once again working. I realize this is off-topic for this area of the forum, but I had forgotten how many little features I gave up using my phone and the standard controller over the SC.

Last edited:
Reactions: edgardcafe
Thanks surenmunoo - sadly what I expected the answer to be. Very disappointing, and likely takes me out of going to the V3. Makes me wonder how users of the V3 duplicate the Dual Stability mode. Or, do you just do without what I find a very helpful mode.

In the end, seems like a "no win" situation. While overall I have found Autel Tech Support to be good, DJI's less than that, and would prefer to avoid the whole geo-fencing thing...seems I am pushed toward what will give me the best footage. Looks like that isn't Autel.

EDIT: Figured I had nothing to loose...and did a firmware update. Scroll wheel once again working. I realize this is off-topic for this area of the forum, but I had forgotten how many little features I gave up using my phone and the standard controller over the SC.
If and when I do decide to use the V3 over the Mavic 3 Pro, I fly manually and rarely use any of the limited flight mods it has because they don't work. I like the tracking features and the V3 one does not work, very erratic and unstable compared to Dji. I only use the V3 if I need a good coloured video or photo that I don't need to edit.

I also was planning to get the V3 but after reading lot of issues with it, and it doesn’t have the flight modes I just decided not buy it. Unfortunately, because I used to like Autel.
I was ready to bite the bullet and upgrade. I figured that when I consider the cost of an RID unit, some of the purchase price sting went away.

Loosing Dual Stability is a deal breaker for me. I use this often. Even my first gen Mavic Mini has a similar mode.

I'll add an RID tag to my V1 and fly it as long as I can. When time comes, we'll see what's available. Very disappointing and surely doesn't help my loyalty to Autel.

Reactions: Limewood
I was ready to bite the bullet and upgrade. I figured that when I consider the cost of an RID unit, some of the purchase price sting went away.

Loosing Dual Stability is a deal breaker for me. I use this often. Even my first gen Mavic Mini has a similar mode.

I'll add an RID tag to my V1 and fly it as long as I can. When time comes, we'll see what's available. Very disappointing and surely doesn't help my loyalty to Autel.
I did bite the bullet and bought the V3 enterprise. The battery in the SC Pro would not charge. Autel told me they didn’t know when they could replace it. They don’t have spares for “enterprise” level platforms? I was so ticked off I bought 2 DJI Air3s, one for me & one for the kids.

It’s not without its own issues, but it handles wind like my EVO does, and all the handy features that existed on previous models carried over to this one, even though they have a new transmission system. Imagine that!

DJI support staff have been great. They tell me it will take 1-2 days to get a response from an engineer, but I always get a response.

If the geofencing doesn’t impact my operation to any great degree, I’ll stick with them. I even picked up ADS-B without have to pay an enterprise pricing.

Like you, I will fly my V1 until it falls in a river or grape vineyard, but I’m done funding Max Lee’s Fantasy Island experience of pretending to know how to run a business.

I did a firmware update on my EVO II V3, the controller, and the app last weekend and the intelligent modes were installed.

I was also able to update my drone registration, with the FAA, for RID.

I did a firmware update on my EVO II V3, the controller, and the app last weekend and the intelligent modes were installed.

Out of curiosity, do the intelligent modes work properly? The only reason I realized I was missing intelligent modes was because I was trying to auto-track my car for a video, but it wouldn't detect it. It would only follow people. Autel's ads for the drone showed following cars, and while I was waiting on a response from support, I found the forum info about Intelligent modes being missing and I reported the auto track feature not working properly.

I haven't updated my firmware since the new release since I've been traveling, so I was wondering if that feature was working properly now. If so, i might be less angry about my purchase now.

I did bite the bullet and bought the V3 enterprise. The battery in the SC Pro would not charge. Autel told me they didn’t know when they could replace it. They don’t have spares for “enterprise” level platforms? I was so ticked off I bought 2 DJI Air3s, one for me & one for the kids.

It’s not without its own issues, but it handles wind like my EVO does, and all the handy features that existed on previous models carried over to this one, even though they have a new transmission system. Imagine that!

DJI support staff have been great. They tell me it will take 1-2 days to get a response from an engineer, but I always get a response.

If the geofencing doesn’t impact my operation to any great degree, I’ll stick with them. I even picked up ADS-B without have to pay an enterprise pricing.

Like you, I will fly my V1 until it falls in a river or grape vineyard, but I’m done funding Max Lee’s Fantasy Island experience of pretending to know how to run a business.
You hit the nail on the head "Max Lee's FANTASY Island" INDEED!

Out of curiosity, do the intelligent modes work properly? The only reason I realized I was missing intelligent modes was because I was trying to auto-track my car for a video, but it wouldn't detect it. It would only follow people. Autel's ads for the drone showed following cars, and while I was waiting on a response from support, I found the forum info about Intelligent modes being missing and I reported the auto track feature not working properly.

I haven't updated my firmware since the new release since I've been traveling, so I was wondering if that feature was working properly now. If so, i might be less angry about my purchase now.
I’ve only used the orbit and it worked fine.

I’ve downloaded the dronescanner app to my phone and plan to flight and see if my RID is working and exactly what the RID is transmitting.

Orbit and Smart Orbit work ok, though there is no documentation regarding the operational parameters in the app that explains the difference between them (or the camera settings, mission settings, and general app menu). In missions, be aware that the Oblique mission has been known to have a mind of its own. If it crashes into something Autel will declare "pilot error" because the pilot did not stop it time. The Follow mission has received a lot of criticism. Shows that the marketing material was not done with the software currently deployed. Other mission types seem to work AOK. I would love to tell you these issues were fixed in the latest update, but the release information on their web site is incomplete re: what was delivered and fixed:

From the download area on the AutelRobotics web site.​

What's New​

New Features​

• Added a slope mission (who the devil asked for this I wonder, terrain following would be better)

Bug fixes and optimizations​

• Optimized center detection for the controller's stick and scroll wheel during startup
  • Fixed occasional mission resumption failure
  • Fixed aircraft oscillation issues
  • Fixed other known issues ?????????????????
IMHO

There are no new Flight modes added, we are still missing modes that are not carried over from the V1 and V2. The V3 is still crippled.

THIS FROM AUTEL ENTERPRISE SUPPORT:

"Dear Customer,
Dynamic Track, Tripod Track, Parallel Track, Viewpoint, Gesture Control, Precision Flight and Dual Stability
I have confirmed with the relevant team, and indeed, those features are not available in V3."

I have asked them why they would create a "new and Improved" version of the EVO II that has less features than the previous model, no response yet. SIGH!

THIS FROM AUTEL ENTERPRISE SUPPORT:

"Dear Customer,
Dynamic Track, Tripod Track, Parallel Track, Viewpoint, Gesture Control, Precision Flight and Dual Stability
I have confirmed with the relevant team, and indeed, those features are not available in V3."

I have asked them why they would create a "new and Improved" version of the EVO II that has less features than the previous model, no response yet. SIGH!
yes.. they deserve 0 stars feedback for screwing this product taking away good stuff.

Was this on the V3 7.9" controller? does it have 9 flight modes after the firmware update?

Was this on the V3 7.9" controller? does it have 9 flight modes after the firmware update?
I don't know about him, but after my software update I was still missing the flight modes.

Recently an autel sales person reached out to me and asked what I ultimately bought and if I was satisfied. I was very honest, that I could not recommend this drone because it does not do what it was advertised- the tracking does not work on cars, only people, despite the advertising showing it following a car.

An Autel support agent then reached out, and said they would update it to fix my issue soon. I still have the email, but it's been a few months with no update. And I first contacted support about this a year ago with no solution. So I have no updates in the software except what was exactly listed in their update. No additional intelligent flight modes and no corrections to the previous modes.

Reactions: tbran6
I don't know about him, but after my software update I was still missing the flight modes.

Recently an autel sales person reached out to me and asked what I ultimately bought and if I was satisfied. I was very honest, that I could not recommend this drone because it does not do what it was advertised- the tracking does not work on cars, only people, despite the advertising showing it following a car.

An Autel support agent then reached out, and said they would update it to fix my issue soon. I still have the email, but it's been a few months with no update. And I first contacted support about this a year ago with no solution. So I have no updates in the software except what was exactly listed in their update. No additional intelligent flight modes and no corrections to the previous modes.
Thank you. Just to verify, this was on the V3 7.9" controller ?

All 9 flight modes are there? What drone do you have?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34