Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

new Autel Evo 2 Pro V3 owner, happy face until... smart controller SE

hey guys !
Any updates on the Evo 2 V3, any improvements? how about the SC SE?
yesterday, I crashed my Enterprise, and thinking to get the Evo 2 v3 although I have had several issues with the Enterprise, almost the time connection issues, maybe it is a mistake getting Autel again šŸ¤” .. I know the Evo 2s Have a very stronger body, and I kind of like it.
I'm selling my Smart Controller v2 but will keep the batteries to use it on the Evo2 V3, if I get it ..still thinking...
this is what left from my Enterprise ...šŸ˜¬šŸ˜© RIP šŸŖ¦
View attachment 16278View attachment 16279
Wow, that's hard to see mate, sorry about what happened. Although the V3 is still missing those features its still solid

Reactions: Lepi and edgardcafe
Wow, that's hard to see mate, sorry about what happened. Although the V3 is still missing those features its still solid
Thanks to let me know. When I use the flight modes, it usually will be orbit, hyperlapse, maybe tracking mode which flight modes do you have on your SC SE ?

Hereā€™s the answer from yesterday:

ā€œI am sorry for the bad experience you had. We can not say for sure if the update to 10 bit video will be achieved in the future updates of the firmware or not. Because the recent work for technical department is focused on achieve more flight mode for EVO II V3 series.

However, I will forward your request the the technical team for a further discuss.

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused to you!ā€

Thanks to let me know. When I use the flight modes, it usually will be orbit, hyperlapse, maybe tracking mode which flight modes do you have on your SC SE ?
It has thse modes but the drone orbits badly and loses the subject, better to manually orbit and pan camera, Hyperlapse works quite well and tracking is terrible. I tried tracking me walking and the drone was flying so erratically and coming fast towards me and backing off i just stopped and never tracked again.

It has thse modes but the drone orbits badly and loses the subject, better to manually orbit and pan camera, Hyperlapse works quite well and tracking is terrible. I tried tracking me walking and the drone was flying so erratically and coming fast towards me and backing off i just stopped and never tracked again.
wow.. it seems the track doesnā€™t work at all. I experienced the same issue with the smart orbit (nothing smart to me.. lol) on the Evo's that I had (v1 and v2) and seems that Autel didnā€™t do anything about it, as usual. Do you think is worth buying an Evo 2 v3? Will you buy it again?

wow.. it seems the track doesnā€™t work at all. I experienced the same issue with the smart orbit (nothing smart to me.. lol) on the Evo's that I had (v1 and v2) and seems that Autel didnā€™t do anything about it, as usual. Do you think is worth buying an Evo 2 v3? Will you buy it again?
I will never buy another V3 if anything happens to mine, might just get a V2

• Wow
Reactions: Lepi and edgardcafe
But Autel has already forgotten about V1s and V2s, no more firmware updates and support. now, is all about V3s
No support for the V3 consumer market. Last update on the V3 consumer was in January 2023 which added no features, just RID and language. If you get the V3 enterprise, then you will get updates and support as Autel has moved onto Enterprise drones only.

No support for the V3 consumer market. Last update on the V3 consumer was in January 2023 which added no features, just RID and language. If you get the V3 enterprise, then you will get updates and support as Autel has moved onto Enterprise drones only
I donā€™t want to get the Enterprise. The accessories are waste for me, never used on my v2 enterprise.

I'd like to eventually purchase the MAX, but from what I've seen it's still a work in progress at the expense ($9K +) of the buyer. It appears to have a lot of potential , but I'll wait and see.

My EVO II PRO V2 RTK is about 9 months old now, it's a great UAV. Haven't had any issues with it yet. Have mapped a few small sites for topo and planimetric use using Metashape. It's pretty fun flying and post processing the imagery. It amazes me to setup a mission in the smart controller, start the mission and it does it's thing while I'm locating GCP's.

I'm impressed with my unit, but from all the horror stories I've read about support from Autel I have my doubts. This is my first UAV and was recommended by a friend of mine. His is the exact same model with the smart controller as mine... no problems with his also.

I'll just wait and see how it goes with Autel, maybe they will start focusing on what they have out now in the near future.

Reactions: edgardcafe
Hi,
after few months (even yrs), I decided and bought e2p v3... happy happy face until I realised a mess with SE controller and loss of pretty useful modes. I'm flying 99,99% manually... Tripod, Precision Flight, Dual Stability... don't even know all the modes I'm missing... angry angry face.
So... how y'all managed to do it without these modes? My best option is to lower the speed in Normal mode to 5m/s, lower the sensitivity of yaw and change EXP settings to 0,20. I just leaning towards smooth, cinematic moves. Any advice on that?
Also, it seems there is no alternative controller for V3 drone version (yeah V3 controller doesn't work with V3 drone, go figure), not even regular controller is good for V3 drone... wth is that all about? Best camera IMHO but sucha bitter taste in my mouth... Any ideas?
All best from Croatia
My smart controller second edition has issues after firmware updates. I have no panorama. I have no hyper laughs. I have no orbit, hyper lapse and tech-support. They have no clue whatā€™s wrong I sent them two different videos two different times not a fan of tech-support.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo