Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

new Autel Evo 2 Pro V3 owner, happy face until... smart controller SE

Lepi

Reaction score
Hi,
after few months (even yrs), I decided and bought e2p v3... happy happy face until I realised a mess with SE controller and loss of pretty useful modes. I'm flying 99,99% manually... Tripod, Precision Flight, Dual Stability... don't even know all the modes I'm missing... angry angry face.
So... how y'all managed to do it without these modes? My best option is to lower the speed in Normal mode to 5m/s, lower the sensitivity of yaw and change EXP settings to 0,20. I just leaning towards smooth, cinematic moves. Any advice on that?
Also, it seems there is no alternative controller for V3 drone version (yeah V3 controller doesn't work with V3 drone, go figure), not even regular controller is good for V3 drone... wth is that all about? Best camera IMHO but sucha bitter taste in my mouth... Any ideas?
All best from Croatia

Reactions: CaptainBry
Lepi that sounds strange - surely that is just a software update ?

curiosity - where dis you buy yours ? every store online I see doesnt seem 100% to me

alot of scam sites ?

thanks

Lepi that sounds strange - surely that is just a software update ?

curiosity - where dis you buy yours ? every store online I see doesnt seem 100% to me

alot of scam sites ?

thanks
nah, respectable shop, all good with product except: not full version of Explorer app on SE controller. crazy but it seems right

Reactions: jcommstudios
The Evo 2 V3 is missing a lot of features from the V2 like smart modes including no 10bit video in the V3. It is a shame and a dissapointment, agreed an amazing camera but I regret my purchases and according to Autel the V3 cannot handle all the features that the V2 had because of chip limitations and with no further updates coming, last was in January which added no features. This is actually a downgrade compared to the V2

• Wow
Reactions: edgardcafe
The Evo 2 V3 is missing a lot of features from the V2 like smart modes including no 10bit video in the V3. It is a shame and a dissapointment, agreed an amazing camera but I regret my purchases and according to Autel the V3 cannot handle all the features that the V2 had because of chip limitations and with no further updates coming, last was in January which added no features. This is actually a downgrade compared to the V2
I couldn't believe when I first time realised this. it is a TOTAL SHAME

Check the MAX forum. Since they NEVER have finished the software for the Evo II v3 release (1.25 years), I would not be too optimistic re: when this will improve. They consistently release hardware and the software is not ready. Then they release something else, focus on that, and the current products are ignored/never finished. Apparently, a road map that provides direction for the developers and the products they support, does not exist All they create is marketing hype for features they plan to relesase "someday".

Reactions: EBERLS and Lepi
I gave up hope on the V3 and mostly just take off and let the drone float around while the battery runs down but fly my Mavic 3 Pro more consistently, at least with Dji we get updates and upgrades and they answer their emails.

I have the v2 enterprise and was thinking to sell it and buy the v3 Evo 2 but since I have reading your thoughts about the v3 with doesn’t include the flight modes, that I have on my v2, and issues and more issues with the SE SC I have changed my mind and no more Autel. I already have the Mavic 3 and a mini 3 Pro which are already RID compliance and my V2 enterprise is not! How come the nano is RID compliance and the v2 drones are not ! Autel just doesn’t care anymore after you buy there products.
I have been experiencing connections / SC issues with my enterprise since I bought it, and Ken Booth has helped me a lot but since he is not working for Autel anymore, we are all alone.

I have the v2 enterprise and was thinking to sell it and buy the v3 Evo 2 but since I have reading your thoughts about the v3 with doesn’t include the flight modes, that I have on my v2, and issues and more issues with the SE SC I have changed my mind and no more Autel. I already have the Mavic 3 and a mini 3 Pro which are already RID compliance and my V2 enterprise is not! How come the nano is RID compliance and the v2 drones are not ! Autel just doesn’t care anymore after you buy there products.
I have been experiencing connections / SC issues with my enterprise since I bought it, and Ken Booth has helped me a lot but since he is not working for Autel anymore, we are all alone.
don't get me wrong, it is still great drone, photo is great, iso in night mode is 44000, 12-bit dng, connection is much better then any previous drone I have (m2p, m2z, p3p, m2, fpv), my bird is flying great, no any unwanted moves, but I miss that "fine flying" functions and not having 10-bit log video is beyond my understanding. ok, for some things I can buy that big controller (I was wrong, V3 controller can be used with V3 bird), but I still can't have 10-bit log video. Just for comparison, dji mini 3 pro have 10-bit d-cinelike or however they call it. IDK, I'm still in shock. I wrote a mail to autel, hope I will get some reasonable explanation...

don't get me wrong, it is still great drone, photo is great, iso in night mode is 44000, 12-bit dng, connection is much better then any previous drone I have (m2p, m2z, p3p, m2, fpv), my bird is flying great, no any unwanted moves, but I miss that "fine flying" functions and not having 10-bit log video is beyond my understanding. ok, for some things I can buy that big controller (I was wrong, V3 controller can be used with V3 bird), but I still can't have 10-bit log video. Just for comparison, dji mini 3 pro have 10-bit d-cinelike or however they call it. IDK, I'm still in shock. I wrote a mail to autel, hope I will get some reasonable explanation...
thanks to let me know. I also have the Mavic 3 and the Mini 3 Pro. Before that I had purchased the Mavic 3, I already had the Enterprise v2 and I know in some conditions the Enterprise is much better than the Mavic 3, for example when I do the hyperlapse, and with a strong win, the performance is better. Also, I feel that the Enterprise is much stronger than the Mavic 3. I don’t give all the credit to DJI. But if we talk about connections issues are different, almost every time the Autel SC freezes and loses connection and it makes me crazy !! I have been experiencing those issues since I bought it, and have already downgraded, and upgraded to different firmware but nothing better. So, I guess the V3 is better, as you said so! I have to think 🤔 if it is worth buying it. Anyway, thanks to clarify, and have a good day!

Reactions: Lepi
What I am reading in all this is that the V3’s are lagging in firmware and software but those areas could be updated over time “soon only not yet”
I bought a E2P V3 and the aircraft flies very well manually which s most of my flying. I love the Full size smart controller, the screen is great in full sunlight. I am hoping that some of the flight modes that I know nothing about having come from an M2 pro return to the E2PV3 platform.

What I am reading in all this is that the V3’s are lagging in firmware and software but those areas could be updated over time “soon only not yet”
I bought a E2P V3 and the aircraft flies very well manually which s most of my flying. I love the Full size smart controller, the screen is great in full sunlight. I am hoping that some of the flight modes that I know nothing about having come from an M2 pro return to the E2PV3 platform.
yap, nothing what one nice firmware update can't fix. I really hope they'll do it. good luck and enjoy your flying 👍

Soon, only not yet , or maybe never. I find it difficult to believe that a company would release a product that is a downgrade from a previous iteration of the same product. I guess we’ll find out.

Soon, only not yet , or maybe never. I find it difficult to believe that a company would release a product that is a downgrade from a previous iteration of the same product. I guess we’ll find out.
I doubt they will release the features that were on the V2, if they was going to, it would have happened by now. It has been 7 months since their last FW release which only added RID and some language and no added features. The V3 only has a good camera and signal penetration.

It will be good if that is true because i was told by Ken Booth and Autel support that it was not going to happen because of the different chipsets used.
I don’t trust them, anyway. They always say “future updates, future improvements with firmware, and bla… bla …” it never happened! I have had Autel since Evo 2 v1, and and now I know how they work. It could be much better, but unfortunately they are unreliable.

Hi,
I received an email from Autel, asking for some additional info regarding app/bird/SC versions... If anything, they didn't answered it was a plan not to have 10-bit LOG video. Yeah I know: I'm desperate

Here's what they asked to provide them:
"Your case has been escalated to our Research and Development team, we will require the following information for their review.
Kindly request that you provide us with screencaps of your app, software, and firmware module details. "

I will post here if/when anything change

hey guys !
Any updates on the Evo 2 V3, any improvements? how about the SC SE?
yesterday, I crashed my Enterprise, and thinking to get the Evo 2 v3 although I have had several issues with the Enterprise, almost the time connection issues, maybe it is a mistake getting Autel again 🤔 .. I know the Evo 2s Have a very stronger body, and I kind of like it.
I'm selling my Smart Controller v2 but will keep the batteries to use it on the Evo2 V3, if I get it ..still thinking...
this is what left from my Enterprise ...😬😩 RIP 🪦
IMG_0210.JPGIMG_0205.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: surenmunoo

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo