Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What happened to the intelligent flight modes?

All of their media, website, and even Google Play store description of this drone and applications clearly show that these were included functions. I made a comment in this thread with links. I submitted websites to the wayback machine, downloaded their youtube video, and made a few of my own showing them clearly advertising these features. If that post gets moderated out of existence, send me a message and let's get the community to stand at their front door.
We need to keep this in Autels face and keep pestering them until they give the features. I cannot fathom how they can bring out a newer version that has less features than the previous and call it an upgrade. It is an insult to their customers, they should have been open that the V3 lacks most of the features from the V2

Oof. I'm a little late to the game. I am just outside my return window and came on here because I could not get my dynamic track to detect cars. The videos I watched before purchasing showed dynamic track picking up and following the selected car. I go in today trying to figure it out again and realize I have a lot less features than what was on the video.

I'm quite frustrated for sure, because I was debating between the v2 and v3, and decided to go newer, albeit more expensive. I was hoping it was just an update issue, but after reading your comments, I realize it isn't. Ugh

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
It seems the Explorer app for the Smart Controller SE had not had those flight modes added yet, best case scenario is they will come back in a future update, worst case is that these were left out by intent.... not sure we will ever know.

Has anyone tried to side-load the Explorer APK from the website??... do at own risk, i am not sure how the controller will like it.
Side loading not working

Oof. I'm a little late to the game. I am just outside my return window and came on here because I could not get my dynamic track to detect cars. The videos I watched before purchasing showed dynamic track picking up and following the selected car. I go in today trying to figure it out again and realize I have a lot less features than what was on the video.

I'm quite frustrated for sure, because I was debating between the v2 and v3, and decided to go newer, albeit more expensive. I was hoping it was just an update issue, but after reading your comments, I realize it isn't. Ugh
Mine as well

I loved my V1 but i cannot put into words the level of disappointment I’m feeling since purchasing the V3. So many problems with the SE Controller battery and disappointing flight stability (it always wants to wander instead of staying still.)
Autel and AutelPilot have provided the least organized and professional service after the sale that I have ever encountered… and that includes experiences with car dealerships!
DITTO!

I lost my V2 with only 20 hours on it. Autel honored the warranty and it was insured. So, I wanted the larger Smart Controller so the most economical way to do this was purchase the RTK version.

However, I just received it and before opening anything, I turned on the Controller and it doesn't have any of the earlier intelligent modes... The two stability modes, the tracking modes, and viewpoint to name a few.

My question is whether or not the V3 handles better for stable video without these modes or is it still jerky in its handling.

I lost my drone because of a problem with smart orbit. I lost signal at 360 feet altitude and 1600 foot distance. It went off on it's own into the side of a mountain.

I strongly considered getting a M3, M3P, or M2Zoom but because of geofencing and it's unpredictablity and the fact that I have a bunch of accessories... I decided to stay with Autel.

It must be one of two things or a combination. They got the V3 to be more stable without the stability modes or they had problems with them and just removed them.

Someone posted here that the Enterprise version still has all of these modes but I can't make them out.

I just sent an email to the customer service person who handled my case to try and sort all of this out.

I lost my V2 with only 20 hours on it. Autel honored the warranty and it was insured. So, I wanted the larger Smart Controller so the most economical way to do this was purchase the RTK version.

However, I just received it and before opening anything, I turned on the Controller and it doesn't have any of the earlier intelligent modes... The two stability modes, the tracking modes, and viewpoint to name a few.

My question is whether or not the V3 handles better for stable video without these modes or is it still jerky in its handling.

I lost my drone because of a problem with smart orbit. I lost signal at 360 feet altitude and 1600 foot distance. It went off on it's own into the side of a mountain.

I strongly considered getting a M3, M3P, or M2Zoom but because of geofencing and it's unpredictablity and the fact that I have a bunch of accessories... I decided to stay with Autel.

It must be one of two things or a combination. They got the V3 to be more stable without the stability modes or they had problems with them and just removed them.

Someone posted here that the Enterprise version still has all of these modes but I can't make them out.

I just sent an email to the customer service person who handled my case to try and sort all of this out.
The V3 can't smart Orbit to save its soul, keeps losing its target and it Yaws like CR*P. It flys stable enough when in manual flight mode or waypoints and has a great camera, I do enjoy flying it but it literally is a downgrade in features when compared to the V2.

The V3 can't smart Orbit to save its soul, keeps losing its target and it Yaws like CR*P. It flys stable enough when in manual flight mode or waypoints and has a great camera, I do enjoy flying it but it literally is a downgrade in features when compared to the V2.
It's odd that the Enterprise version has them, but the consumer version does not. It is only a software issue, and the aircraft are the same except for the screw holes to attach different payload options.

• Wow
I was doing a smart orbit with my V2 when it went off on its own. But, if the V3 is stable without the stability modes that is ok. Viewpoint did not work very well. Does the Enterprise version really have all of them? Should I return it and get a DJI? Hard to decide. Autel is really behind DJI in many ways

• Sad
Sorry to be cynical but at some people everyone just needs accept the unacceptable reality of Autel's historically crappy customer service. It's baked into the cake and it is part of the cost of the product.
  • Autel already said it's not happening. It is what it is, not getting upgraded.
  • Autel falsely advertised this to everyone. They're aware of this screw up. They don't care.
  • Autel is not going to do anything other than honoring documented exchange timelines.
  • Complaining to Autel is not going to change any of the above. They don't care. They have no incentive to care. You already paid them, they made their money, and it's a small percentage of their customers complaining. It costs them $0 to not care. It is $0/hr to ignore emails and phone calls. And costs $0/customer to not exchange or warranty the product. And they have nothing to lose by continuing to not care other than a few people buying DJI next time.

Sorry to be cynical but at some people everyone just needs accept the unacceptable reality of Autel's historically crappy customer service. It's baked into the cake and it is part of the cost of the product.
  • Autel already said it's not happening. It is what it is, not getting upgraded.
  • Autel falsely advertised this to everyone. They're aware of this screw up. They don't care.
  • Autel is not going to do anything other than honoring documented exchange timelines.
  • Complaining to Autel is not going to change any of the above. They don't care. They have no incentive to care. You already paid them, they made their money, and it's a small percentage of their customers complaining. It costs them $0 to not care. It is $0/hr to ignore emails and phone calls. And costs $0/customer to not exchange or warranty the product. And they have nothing to lose by continuing to not care other than a few people buying DJI next time.
You are absolutely correct. I realized this sometime ago. Ken Booth actually said "I would run away from Autel as fast as I can." Unfortunately, I just don't want to deal with geofencing so I am stuck at least for now.

Yeah. It's very frustrating. I have avoided the DJI ecosystem since I started buildings drones with ArduPilot in 2013. The 3DR Solo was my first non custom built drone for that reason. When the 3DR Solo was end of useful life, I went Evo 2 Pro as soon as it was launched and it was like owning a Cadillac. I still want to avoid the DJI ecosystem today. I plan to fly this Evo 2 Pro v1 into the ground for all it's worth since it is still very very good at everything it does and has readily available parts and batteries. If an Evo 2 v3 Enterprise or Max 4T fits my mission profile down the road, and avoiding DJI remains feasible, I plan to keep it up. I'm just doing so knowing that I will never get good customer support. Me and my insurance provider will be my own customer support, with or without Autel's participation in the matter. But as I start venturing into commercial work for the first time, I will probably have to bite the bullet and conform eventually. There are some things that require DJI or require iOS and that's very annoying to me. Regardless, I think there will always be an Autel bird in the nest since it is unrestricted.

Yeah. It's very frustrating. I have avoided the DJI ecosystem since I started buildings drones with ArduPilot in 2013. The 3DR Solo was my first non custom built drone for that reason. When the 3DR Solo was end of useful life, I went Evo 2 Pro as soon as it was launched and it was like owning a Cadillac. I still want to avoid the DJI ecosystem today. I plan to fly this Evo 2 Pro v1 into the ground for all it's worth since it is still very very good at everything it does and has readily available parts and batteries. If an Evo 2 v3 Enterprise or Max 4T fits my mission profile down the road, and avoiding DJI remains feasible, I plan to keep it up. I'm just doing so knowing that I will never get good customer support. Me and my insurance provider will be my own customer support, with or without Autel's participation in the matter. But as I start venturing into commercial work for the first time, I will probably have to bite the bullet and conform eventually. There are some things that require DJI or require iOS and that's very annoying to me. Regardless, I think there will always be an Autel bird in the nest since it is unrestricted.
I never had the V1 but a friend of mine has two as well as a Phantom 4 which he says sits on the shelf. He does realestate photography and can't deal with geofencing.

I get the impression that you are not using your drones professionally. I was quite lucky that someone either here or on the FB group told me about State Farm because for something like 60 dollars I was able to insure the V2 which flew off. It was only because of that and Autel honoring the warranty that I got 30 percent off and now have the V3 RTK. As I don't know if I am going to get into using drones in a business, I may sell the RTK module.

What I do know is that the State Farm insurance deal is only good for recreational use. Professional insurance would be quite a bit more!

It also occurred to me that somewhere along the road, I might want to just try a DJI, maybe the Air2 or wait awhile until the new M3P comes down in price over time.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials