Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What happened to the intelligent flight modes?

I lost my drone because of a problem with smart orbit. I lost signal at 360 feet altitude and 1600 foot distance. It went off on it's own into the side of a mountain.
Out of curiosity and water under the bridge so to speak, do you recall what fw version your aircraft was at when you had the fly away? I ask because one of my EVO IIs had been encountering low, weak signals, after talking with Autel, realized that there was a fw update (e.g. the most current one) that when applied, the low, week signal issues went away.

Also something to look into, is file an incident report with the NASA UAS Safety Reporting system that is part of the Aircraft Safety Reporting System (ASRS) which is confidential. You can also search that DB to see if others have encountered similar situations and related info. Here's the link if interested: UAS Safety Reporting | NASA ASRS

I strongly considered getting a M3, M3P, or M2Zoom but because of geofencing and it's unpredictablity and the fact that I have a bunch of accessories... I decided to stay with Autel.
I have both Autel and DJI using them for different things. Replaced a P4P and MPP with the EVO IIs and use a M2P for autonomous missions that require Litchi, DroneDeploy or other 3rd party mission apps. The Autel lack of Geofence is easy. Otoh, the DJI unlocks are not that difficult if you plan ahead to get your custom unlocks which can be for a broad area for many months. I recently got an custom unlock in about 5 min from DJI before doing a flight, key is plan ahead.

I get the having a bunch of accessories which is why I was leaning towards replacing one of the EVO II V1s with a v3, however given the reported bugs/shortcomings things not working with the V3 and new capabilities in the Mavic 3 Pro, Im leaning that way. Have thought about the new Max however want to see at least another 6 months to year of sw/fw bugs worked out of it.

Out of curiosity and water under the bridge so to speak, do you recall what fw version your aircraft was at when you had the fly away? I ask because one of my EVO IIs had been encountering low, weak signals, after talking with Autel, realized that there was a fw update (e.g. the most current one) that when applied, the low, week signal issues went away.

Also something to look into, is file an incident report with the NASA UAS Safety Reporting system that is part of the Aircraft Safety Reporting System (ASRS) which is confidential. You can also search that DB to see if others have encountered similar situations and related info. Here's the link if interested: UAS Safety Reporting | NASA ASRS

I have both Autel and DJI using them for different things. Replaced a P4P and MPP with the EVO IIs and use a M2P for autonomous missions that require Litchi, DroneDeploy or other 3rd party mission apps. The Autel lack of Geofence is easy. Otoh, the DJI unlocks are not that difficult if you plan ahead to get your custom unlocks which can be for a broad area for many months. I recently got an custom unlock in about 5 min from DJI before doing a flight, key is plan ahead.

I get the having a bunch of accessories which is why I was leaning towards replacing one of the EVO II V1s with a v3, however given the reported bugs/shortcomings things not working with the V3 and new capabilities in the Mavic 3 Pro, Im leaning that way. Have thought about the new Max however want to see at least another 6 months to year of sw/fw bugs worked out of it.
I live in the DC area with it's SFRA.

I don't recall the firmware version but I am sure it was the latest stable one. I didn't like the Beta. I may also get a M3P or the new Air. We will see.

Reactions: gschulzuio
Good Afternoon!

Okay, maybe I am just dumb, but I just upgraded from the V2 to the V3 (6K camera) due to a submarine drone occurrence. I enjoyed using the dual stability flight mode on the V2, but when I got the V3 I noticed that the Dual Stability and a few other flight modes were MIA.

Did Autel just get rid of those or am I missing something?

Thanks!
ASK THEM: Problem Feedback-Autel Robotics Enterprise Drone, Quadcopter & UAV for Sale | Leader in Drones

Reactions: Lepi
All of their media, website, and even Google Play store description of this drone and applications clearly show that these were included functions. I made a comment in this thread with links. I submitted websites to the wayback machine, downloaded their youtube video, and made a few of my own showing them clearly advertising these features. If that post gets moderated out of existence, send me a message and let's get the community to stand at their front door.
No any changes with this? Even if I have to buy big controller to take the most from V3, there is no 10-bit video in LOG, or any other profile. Whatta disappointment...

Reactions: DroneRat
I just went through this. Had a V2 fly off on its own. Covered by warranty. Decided to upgrade, get RTK so I could get large SC with 30 percent discount.

Surprise! No intelligent flight modes that it once had. Additionally, smart orbit did not work. I asked one of the reps, Michelle and she told me that "there is no plan to restore the missing intelligent modes. The engineers are working on the latest Enterprise model."

It took a complaint to my credit card company and the BBB, but returned the RTK, got my money back and a new V2.

The only advantage of the V3 RTK is RID and better transmission consistentcy... And the SC. As I don't need RTK, the V3 is really not worth paying for an upgrade. Better to get the replacement V2 and use the money for a DJI, M3P or the new Air.

I should have have listened to Ken when he told me to "run away from Autel as soon as possible." Sad

Reactions: edgardcafe
I just went through this. Had a V2 fly off on its own. Covered by warranty. Decided to upgrade, get RTK so I could get large SC with 30 percent discount.

Surprise! No intelligent flight modes that it once had. Additionally, smart orbit did not work. I asked one of the reps, Michelle and she told me that "there is no plan to restore the missing intelligent modes. The engineers are working on the latest Enterprise model."

It took a complaint to my credit card company and the BBB, but returned the RTK, got my money back and a new V2.

The only advantage of the V3 RTK is RID and better transmission consistentcy... And the SC. As I don't need RTK, the V3 is really not worth paying for an upgrade. Better to get the replacement V2 and use the money for a DJI, M3P or the new Air.

I should have have listened to Ken when he told me to "run away from Autel as soon as possible." Sad
Wow ! I used to like Autel very much ! It is really sad but Autel doesn’t care !

So if we got the smart controller 7.9" we would have all 9 flight modes in the EVO 2 Pro V3 ?
Currently on the v3 we have Waypoint - Rectangular - Polygon - Oblique - Recording - Slope (as of current release). App version 3.1.87 - 3-21-24

MISSING ARE Dynamic Track - Tripod Track - Parallel Track - Viewpoint - Gesture Control - Precision Flight and Dual Stability - THESE ARE AVAILABLE ON THE V2 BUT NOT THE V3.

Currently on the v3 we have Waypoint - Rectangular - Polygon - Oblique - Recording - Slope (as of current release). App version 3.1.87 - 3-21-24

MISSING ARE Dynamic Track - Tripod Track - Parallel Track - Viewpoint - Gesture Control - Precision Flight and Dual Stability - THESE ARE AVAILABLE ON THE V2 BUT NOT THE V3.
DroneRat,

I think you might be confusing mission planning modes with intelligent flight modes. List each category to make it clear for those who don't have a drone yet.

Regards,

Gerry

So I am a bit confused..... Is the V3 missing the entire mode pointed out by @DroneRat or are the mission missing from certain modes? New to drones, and I wanted the Evo II Pro v3, but I wanted one for tracking. I have been reading a lot of things, and I keep hearing different things. So are those modes there or not there? Its pretty important to me, since I need the track vehicle.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonalsBerigon310