Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Unable to fly due to freezing Temp.

Temperature has gotten warmer and still I had to wait awful long before GPS locked up in spite of waving the remote high up over my head and walking around in the open !
I flew with very little rain today.

Attachments

• MAX_0015 12 pic Sat 66 Great My Home Sm.jpg
    MAX_0015 12 pic Sat 66 Great My Home Sm.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
  • ICE Feb 4th Rainy Morning MAX_0003_12 pic Sat66 Sharp 151-5.2 Sky Sat 44 copy.jpg
    ICE Feb 4th Rainy Morning MAX_0003_12 pic Sat66 Sharp 151-5.2 Sky Sat 44 copy.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
Temperature has gotten warmer and still I had to wait awful long before GPS locked up in spite of waving the remote high up over my head and walking around in the open !
I flew with very little rain today.
Usually its not an issue with the app/device/controller getting GPS signal lock, rather the aircraft. As long as long as its outside with good clearance to see the sat's, and, as long as there are enough sat's, should have GPS lock via the aircraft within a few minutes of powerup if not faster. You might want to use an app like UAVforcecast that will show you how many sat's are visible.

Good morning Gschulzuio, its good to know, this morning too it was freezing and I live in the open as you can see from my pictures.
Firstly Autel lied about the battery, 40 minutes they said when its actually is 31 to 33 on freshly charged battery.
This morning too I had to walk around my yard and street with awkwardly waving the remote up in the air to lock - in - the GPS.

After taking 2 Panoramic 12 pictures te drone started acting up by slowing down of taking pictures and lost video signal on my LCD turned BW.
This drone is only good at taking pictures, the video I don't even touch, simply far too jerky without being able to choose 0 to 8 seconds delay with gradual picking up to my chosen speed for a far more smoother camera and drone movement.

Attachments

• Great MAX_0065 12 pic Sat 66 Sky +44 +16 contrast Sm.jpg
    Great MAX_0065 12 pic Sat 66 Sky +44 +16 contrast Sm.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 2
  • Feb 5th 2022 Sunrise MAX_0001_12 pic Sat66 + Sky 44 + Contrast 16 Sm.jpg
    Feb 5th 2022 Sunrise MAX_0001_12 pic Sat66 + Sky 44 + Contrast 16 Sm.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
Good morning Gschulzuio, its good to know, this morning too it was freezing and I live in the open as you can see from my pictures.
Firstly Autel lied about the battery, 40 minutes they said when its actually is 31 to 33 on freshly charged battery.
This morning too I had to walk around my yard and street with awkwardly waving the remote up in the air to lock - in - the GPS.

After taking 2 Panoramic 12 pictures te drone started acting up by slowing down of taking pictures and lost video signal on my LCD turned BW.
This drone is only good at taking pictures, the video I don't even touch, simply far too jerky without being able to choose 0 to 8 seconds delay with gradual picking up to my chosen speed for a far more smoother camera and drone movement.
I would seriously send your Evo and controller back to Autel for service/diagnostics, or sell it based on what you are experiencing. Yesterday flew multiple missions including spherical panos as well as still photos and video with outdoor temps of about 5F and light wind. Granted battery endurance was reduced so adjusted manual and automated missions accordingly (e.g. plan for more battery swaps). Batteries were kept in their case inside vehicle so they would stay warm until needed. Had no issues with GPS, however in the cold have noticed that sometimes the gimbal needs a little more time to be ready, about 1-2 minute wait until all messages are clear. I also as part of my checklist check to see how many sat's visible using uavforecsat, iirc had 12 visible yesterday. For my display (droid on s8) attached to controller, I have the app transmit set to smooth vs HD, no issues even at longer distances. Should note that when aircraft is in closer or overhead, I will move one antenna to be flat while other stays up at angle, likewise when aircraft further away, keep antennas perpendicular to ground pointed towards aircraft, and watch out for obstacles between antennas and the aircraft. If in VLOS should be fine. As for aircraft speed, if it is slowing down in flight, try turning OA off, have noticed in some conditions for example windy, or even sun glare, turning OA off allows the aircraft to fly at more normal speed. If I need super smooth for video, then I use either dual stability, or, if a stationary subject, use smart orbit, set a slow speed, adjust push in/out, as well as up down as needed, have gotten butter smooth shots that way. However, based on what you are describing as encountering, I would send aircraft and controller in for service, otherwise do the whole reset to factory default and update firmware, controller/app sw, calibrate compass, imu, gimbal as well as recalibrate, controller etc. Good luck.

Greetings, this morning was cold too in 20's and I choose to fly my second EVO 2 Pro and the drone kept loosing the feed on my LCD even tho the GPS was showing 4 bars.
I did my 12 pic shots in Panorama mode it kept freezing and when I got home I had no pictures at all except " Lost Dir " a new folder.
Can any one please help guide as to how to recover my images from today.
I tried fixing the Micro SD in Tools but nothing shows up !

Greetings, this morning was cold too in 20's
In the 20's? Thats balmy for some of us :)
and I choose to fly my second EVO 2 Pro and the drone kept loosing the feed on my LCD even tho the GPS was showing 4 bars.
Check your app device to controller cable, make sure it is not getting bumped, or that there is a bad cable. Also make sure you are not getting a signal loss (unrelated to GPS) by checking your logs. You can also check your video transmission settings, if in HD, try set to smooth.
I did my 12 pic shots in Panorama mode it kept freezing and when I got home I had no pictures at all except " Lost Dir " a new folder.
Would not expect to find anything (at least visually) in Lost Dir. In hundreds of EVO 2 flights have only had what you describe happen once, e.g. photos/images did not appear in/on microsd. Was able to use a recovery tool to recover the images from a microsd.
Try some recovery tools such as easeus data recovery among others, use at your own risk. If the files are there, they should be found (granted not with their actual names), even if a simple format had been done, they might be found, however ymmv.

Greetings, this morning was cold too in 20's and I choose to fly my second EVO 2 Pro and the drone kept loosing the feed on my LCD even tho the GPS was showing 4 bars.
You do something wrong...Is not possible to have 2 E2P and none to work properly, I work with 9 Autel drones, 7 E2E and 2 E2P now, as I have sold a part of E2P for E2E...But...never had such issues as you describe, starting with last official firmware and last BETA AE. Yes, had problems with Android 12 and previous AE, had disconnects, had video feed issues...But this was solved.
As for your affirmation that Evo2Pro is not for video, I cannot agree, as all commercials we make with this camera and is far more superior than others.
For controlling the drone in cinematic mode you have the PRECISION MODE...together with EXP settings, you get a more smoother movement than DJI Tripod....even in Manual flight with proper EXP you can reach Normal mode from DJI...
So...don't understand why you cannot use it....Try a demo with settings and all, we here will try to help with our knowledge...

Since I own two EVO2 Pro I just started using the second un used one just to see if the cold weather has the same effects.
Well yes the second one too the transmission freezes, I'm forced to land and Re-Boot again to get back the transmission.
I had taken some great 12 pic Panoramic of Sunrise and suddenly saw " Data Lost "
All my pictures got lost, can't recover some 45 to 50 pictures !
Today again I had to verify all was Ok in 50 * temp and kept the drone in sight 1400 feet away and got the message Signal weak, the drone refused to take Panoramic pictures, had to abort the mission to Re-boot.
The GPS was showing 4 to 5 bars and took long before it locked-in, why !
**--** Autel you failed miserably to put finishing touches to this otherwise great Flag Ship Photo capturing Drone, Video wise its full of Jerky movements.
* * Finish off the un-finished EVO2 Pro before you spread out so thin that you will fall flat on your face, I see it coming if you don't wise up !
I don't drag race, need smoother gradual movement picking up to speed ( Give me a delay from 0 to 8 seconds that I choose and smoother zoom )

I have been flying my second newer EVO2 Pro and today at 58* temp and flying some 900 feet away in line of sight with 4 GPS bars I lost signal time after time on my LCD turning BW and freezing.
Two to three times it failed to take 12 pic Panorama shots and only then the Red Box saying " EXIT " showed up to abort the Panorama.
Autel this drone with a few strong points is still in need for finishing touches, wake up !
I had even downloaded the 2.7.2.5 version after the Beta version.
Please don't delete my message to cover up for Autel failed miserably with its Goof ups !
Both my drones are still under warranty but what it needs is " Fix the damn Firmware "

Attachments

• ICE Feb 12th 2022 Sundown MAX_0002_12 pic Sat 66 Sky 44 Cont+16+16 Sm.jpg
    ICE Feb 12th 2022 Sundown MAX_0002_12 pic Sat 66 Sky 44 Cont+16+16 Sm.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • ICE Feb 12th 2022 Sunset MAX_0026_12 pic Sat66 Sky 44 Cont +16 Sm.jpg
    ICE Feb 12th 2022 Sunset MAX_0026_12 pic Sat66 Sky 44 Cont +16 Sm.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • ICE Feb 12th 2022 Sundown MAX_0014_12 pic Sat66 Sky44 Cont +16+16 Sm.jpg
    ICE Feb 12th 2022 Sundown MAX_0014_12 pic Sat66 Sky44 Cont +16+16 Sm.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
I have been flying my second newer EVO2 Pro and today at 58* temp and flying some 900 feet away in line of sight with 4 GPS bars
I flew E2P this morning when temp got up to about 3F, almost 1000' away with VLOS, 5 GPS, 5 controller signal bars (see yellow circle). How many bars are showing on your controller display (e.g. on the right side) when you say you are losing signal?
1_AutelControllerDisplay_021322.png
I lost signal time after time on my LCD turning BW and freezing.
When you say time after time you signal, are you referring to the controller display (e.g. see above), or, on the app device (see below), the following image is just before pressing GO button to start the 12 image pano.
2_Autel_Exp_B4Pano_021322.png
The next image is the start of the 12 image pano.
3_Autel_Exp_PanoStichStart_021322.png
Then after all 12 images are taken, you get this message, then screen freezes, appears you lost signal, screen goes black and white.
4_Autel_Exp_PanoStichBegins_021322.png However, during the frozen screen that turns to black and white (e.g. during stiching), you can still control the aircraft, including tapping secondary screen (e.g. top left) and use to control, view, navigate, monitor aircraft until camera view returns (after stich is done). Note, the controller and aircraft have not lost signal or connection, only the display transmission of the camera feed is disabled (see below image).
5_Autel_Exp_AltDisplay_DuringStich_021322.png

Two to three times it failed to take 12 pic Panorama shots and only then the Red Box saying " EXIT " showed up to abort the Panorama.
Did you see the panorama progress, what photo of the 12 were taken, how many did it take before failing? E.g. 0/12, 1/12, 2/12...11/12, etc? Below is the result of successful 12 pano capture at temp of 3F with about a 6MPH wind this morning, no loss of signal.
6_PANOR0_0210awx.png

FWIW, here are sw/fw versions via screen shot from Autel Explorer app (Android) using S8 device. If you are loosing aircraft/controller signal, or not sure, setup a free account on air data and upload your logs, you will see what is happening (or not happening), signal strengths, gps, controller info, and much more.
Autel_Explorer_Versions_021322.jpg

Attachments

• 1_AutelControllerDisplay_021322.png
    1_AutelControllerDisplay_021322.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Good morning Gschulzuio, Thanks for your feed back, I never checked the remote bars just the GPS bars. When it's in 12 pic Panoramic mode and I click " Go " the drone don't take no pictures yet I wait to see but when nothing happens I notice the Red box on top right " EXIT " comes and I Exit. The Shooting Progress stays at 0/12 just like your image #3
You are very good at explaining things here !
I never stitch while flying and find Microsoft ICE working well at stitching and above all its Free.

Good morning Gschulzuio, Thanks for your feed back
No worries
I never checked the remote bars just the GPS bars.
No worries, check your remote signal bars now and then as that will tell you if the RC and aircraft are talking and listening to each other. Note that you can fly with no GPS, you just go into atti mode and actually have to fly the aircraft. Otoh, if you lose RC/aircraft signal, hopefully your aircraft RTH, or, you can RTH by pressing the RTH button.
When it's in 12 pic Panoramic mode and I click " Go " the drone don't take no pictures yet I wait to see but when nothing happens I notice the Red box on top right " EXIT " comes and I Exit.
Will state the obvious, however also assume you have a microsd card in the aircraft, or, if saving internally, that the internal storage is not full? Look at your controller display and do you see a microsd icon with a line through it? Made that mistake before when about to launch noticed missing microsd card, put one in, took off no issues.
The Shooting Progress stays at 0/12 just like your image #3
I recall in the past running into something similar before making sure RC and aircraft were at newest firmware, as well as app was at newest sw versions. Once everything upgraded, things worked fine.

How long do you wait before pressing the red Exit button?

Sometimes depending on weather, subject, sun, cloudy, etc it will quickly go from 0/12 to 1/12 to 2/12 etc, sometimes there will be pauses. Also check your AF/MF settings.

Usually the pano sequence will start within a few seconds. Once the 12 images are captured, aircraft will do the stiching which is when you lose video transmission, however maintain RC/aircraft signal and control (e.g. you can move to another location. Try at least once letting the aircraft capture and do the stich, just to see if it can complete that or not.

After you land, look on your microsd, go into the subfolder where you see the "media" folders, if needed go into any seen folder and see if any subfolders. If you do a sequence such as take a photo, short video, then shoot a 12 image pano, then exit pano, shot photo, then shoot spherical pano, then short video, you would see a group of at least five folders, something like xx1MEDIA, xx2TASK, xx3MEDIA, xx4TASK, xx5MEDIA or similar. Your 12 image pano would be in xx2TASK including the individual photos (DNG, RAW, both depending on settings), as well as the stiched image. The spherical images would be in xx4TASK, however no in aircraft stiching for 360.

You are very good at explaining things here !
No worries
I never stitch while flying and find Microsoft ICE working well at stitching and above all its Free.
For a test, let the aircraft do the stich and just see what it gets. I also use ICE, as well as ptgui among other tools for compositing/stiching panos. However sometimes having a stiched ready to go low quality pano is all that is needed for a client or other purpose. However, give a test to see if the aircraft can actually complete the capture and stich to verify that is working. For a 12 image pano, capture should be under a minute plus you have the progress counter. Stiching seems like forever, however let it do its thing for a minute or so. While it is stiching and you are waiting, select the optional display/map display top left, your video/camera image will be frozen, however yoru map display is live, verify by rotating aircraft around, other stick movements and see how the indicator changes. This also verifies that you have not lost RC signal link. Good luck.

Its freezing outside today and was going to try your ideas with the newer Autel EVO2 Pro, suddenly the both Remote after updating the firmware today is totally " Dead " refuse to power up.
When I power up the drone it powered up but not the remote !

Here I goofed by mistakenly downloading Smart Controller firmware where as I should have the Standard one.
Both are right next to each other. I have been under a lot of stress with a lot of things not working out lately, Sorry for that.
I have sent a message as to how to power up and re- install the firmware to Autel.
Autel Customers support tel # (844)-692-8835
[email protected]

No response from Autel so far. I tried calling and was on hold 25 minutes and suddenly they shut the phone by saying " We will try calling you back " I did not choose that option !

Feb 16th I kept checking if they had replied to my Email, no I kept trying to reach them on phone and finally got through.
She said there is no way she can help me fix the problem over the phone, I will have to ship both back and since its a user problem they will not cover the shipping even tho its under warranty ! They seem to know the problem and when I asked why have the Standard and Smart Firmware in the same line next to one another, I got no answer back.

Feb 17th end of the day and I'm still waiting for a reply as to where to ship back my both dead drones that would not power on.

Feb 18th 2022 still waiting to hear from Autel so I called and did not give up and after I got through the lady had to once again be given my Email and phone # and details hoping this time I get an answer to where to send my two Autel EVO 2 Pro.
That is how friendly Autel Customers support is, you decide !

Feb 19th Still waiting for a Email reply as to where to send and what all.
I had a **** star ratings for Autel Software on their Down load page, had to cut it down to ** star now after no response or help from Autel.
I had even requested they take the Smart controller firmwhere to the next line and not next to Standard firmware line causing my two drones to go bum, partly my mistake !

**--** I have come to realize there should have aset of buttons where when pressed the Drone Firmware should revert back to the previous working firmware.

February 23rd and still waiting for a reply from Autel. Both Autel EVO2 Pro not working due to firmware issues.
It seems Autel is waiting for my warranty to expire on both drones so they can throw the Hot Potato at me !
Shame on you Autel.
I find it very strange as some of you are further investing $1200 to 1300 on a Smart controller knowing the company don't even stand behind its product and supports its customers ! !

February 24th still no reply from Autel, they don't care.
Autel needs to learn from B & H how to give top notch customers service !
I have two Autel EVO2 Pro in need of help under warranty but Autel Customer Service don't even bother to answer back in the hope the warranty will soon Expire ! Shame on you Autel, high time some of your Goofy's need to be fired so they can help DJI go out of business, in stead !

Feb 25th. Nothing resolved so far, they did issue me a Ticket number, good for nothing.
I did send them another message but they choose not to respond for its a easy way out !
**--** Delay tactics to let my warranty expire this way Goofy's can play the Goofy games ! I still wonder why would anyone in their right mind pay $1200 to 1600 for a not so smart controller when the Drone itself still need issues resolved and we are the field lab for Autel without any support from them !
Here is what a $300 Very Smart Remote with Hood and 7 inch LCD built-in looks like, don't get ripped off by Autel or DJI.

Attachments

• DSC_5429 Sm.jpg
    DSC_5429 Sm.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I find it very strange even some of you in the right mind would further investing $1200 to 1600 on a remote that's price is 6 to 7 times jacked up by stamping "Smart controller" no different than stamping " Organic " on food and charging 6 times more, what a greatest rip off.
**--** Knowing the company don't even stand behind its product and supports its customers ! !
B & H Photo has started dropping Autel products as they don't want their Loyal Customers Cheated
**--** Amazon should follow the same guide lines, too.
Demand service with a smile or drop Autel products for good to save your own reputation.
**--** Nothing will change until Autel fires some of their Goofies , let them go work for DJI and run them out of business in stead !
Regards, Ajay Madan

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuvNtiTTays