Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

172 Acre Drone Survey

I haven't done anything this winter that tied into a projected system. The majority of my calls are for construction progress orthos and stockpiles which don't require global accuracy and no engineers or surveyors involved. Hopefully the work for surveyors will start to pick up. Remember that the greater percentage of land being developed up here is heavily vegitated and non-Lidar drones aren't much help. I have nowhere near the interest needed to fund a Lidar rig.

How about you?
Thanks Dave for your valuable insight and knowledge.

I'm not exactly thrilled using photogrammetry especially in spring thru fall (which is useless for topography) unless the project area is clear enough for it's use.

The big reason for purchase of my Autel RTK UAV is to learn flying (obtain unmanned license), photogrammetry (I know the basics from college 45 years ago) and softwares for processing.

But ..... we need LIDAR UAV. It's a tool for all year use and better dependable/repeatable results . It's too expensive now for us to get a LIDAR UAV system but I'll get it one way or another. LIDAR is the way to go for us...one day !

Reactions: Dave Pitman

I'm not exactly thrilled using photogrammetry especially in spring thru fall (which is useless for topography) unless the project area is clear enough for it's use.

The big reason for purchase of my Autel RTK UAV is to learn flying (obtain unmanned license), photogrammetry (I know the basics from college 45 years ago) and softwares for processing.

But ..... we need LIDAR UAV. It's a tool for all year use and better dependable/repeatable results . It's too expensive now for us to get a LIDAR UAV system but I'll get it one way or another. LIDAR is the way to go for us...one day !
I LIVE IN THE DESERT, PHOTOGRAMMETRY IS PERFECT FOR ME, and it's more accurate than Lidar

All depends on use scenario.
We doing ag mapping prefer photogrammetry over lidar. Scouting & phenotyping is what lidar will not yield.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy