Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The reason I will never buy a Walkera drone

macoman

Reaction score
See the picture attached from someone else that owned a vitus and is disappointed about their app. Walkera not longer care about supporting their products. I was thinking in buying a vitus because I like different brands of drones. Already have a mavic pro, a spark and of course my beloved Autel Evo.Screenshot_20190317-023514~2.jpeg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190317-023514~2.jpeg
    Screenshot_20190317-023514~2.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 10
I had a Walkera Drone several years ago. Long before Autel came out with the X-Star. It was nothing but a piece of CRAP! Had nothing but problems with it. Eventually sold it online for a whole lot less than I paid for it.

NOPE, will never have another WALKERA product again.

Reactions: macoman
I had always hoped they would get their act together as they had some pretty good ideas but like most drone companies they could not keep up to DJI and lacking the tech software guys to make it a good UAV. A lot of stuff is solved by the Walkera community so its not for everyone. I did like the 18 times zoom. I really thought that one could have been a winner. ?

I had always hoped they would get their act together as they had some pretty good ideas but like most drone companies they could not keep up to DJI and lacking the tech software guys to make it a good UAV. A lot of stuff is solved by the Walkera community so its not for everyone. I did like the 18 times zoom. I really thought that one could have been a winner. [emoji848]

I saw a YouTube video of the 18x zoom in and it's mind blowing... Really amazing but unfortunately the company is just pure crap with their support. Anyone that buys a Walkera product is like gambling in a lottery, it may or may not work.

Reactions: Ansia
No support since 2017... Do they still manufacture these?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190317-143406_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20190317-143406_Google Play Store.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 9
No support since 2017... Do they still manufacture these?
That's just crazy, nobody in their right state of mind can justify to spend any money in any Walkera product. That's just unbelievable that not update since 2017.

That really means nothing. The Yuneec Q500 has not been up dated since 2016. It is still being sold and is a very good UAV at a very good price. It only means they have stopped supporting firmware updates just like the Autel X-Star. A company has to move on to the new products as R&D is a very large cost to any small UAV company. DJI has a large R&D department and lots of cash to throw around but they also stop supporting some of the older UAVs with new firmware.

That really means nothing. The Yuneec Q500 has not been up dated since 2016. It is still being sold and is a very good UAV at a very good price. It only means they have stopped supporting firmware updates just like the Autel X-Star. A company has to move on to the new products as R&D is a very large cost to any small UAV company. DJI has a large R&D department and lots of cash to throw around but they also stop supporting some of the older UAVs with new firmware.
I understand that, but isn't that the software to fly most of their drones? Surely you need to hammer the bugs on that one. Specially with all the negative reviews.

I understand that, but isn't that the software to fly most of their drones? Surely you need to hammer the bugs on that one. Specially with all the negative reviews.

Why? Autel never fixed anything on the X-Stars App or firmware, they just ran for the hills and said come follow me I want to take more of your money on this new EVO and to bad if you don't want to follow.

• Haha
A bad app makes 1 drone useless. 1 app for all your drones makes them all useless. If Walkera wishes to sell their drones, they will need to improve this.

I looked into their drones sometime back, but they just didn't seem to peek my interest....

I looked into their drones sometime back, but they just didn't seem to peek my interest....
Mine neither but I was just hoping that they will change with the Vitus which have a great design approach and sensors on both sides, front and back but unfortunately their app and support sucks. It's really a ahame for such a great drone.

The Voyager looks pretty good, but the price is probably higher than I would be willing to pay.

For the price of the Voyager 4, I would purchase an Inspire 2 and for the price of the 5, I would get myself the Matrice 210 RTK.

For the price of the Voyager 4, I would purchase an Inspire 2 and for the price of the 5, I would get myself the Matrice 210 RTK.
Agree totally. If I am a business owner and need a professional drone. The first in the list will be the obvious target: DJI.

Does anyone know another app to use with Walkera Voyager 4? The Walkera Drone app hasn't been updated in several yrs and can't open it anymore. Any suggestions please.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials